PDA

View Full Version : HOLDING BREATH 101, here we go again,.

Coloradobus
08-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Well,,,,,,
We just submitted two offers on 2 different 40 ft XL's I found as repo's. I don't think either offer will fly, since we low-balled them. Both suffer from lack of use and neglect, and I got a hefty estimate from Prevost that was the reason for the low offer. The repair and servicing is 35K$$$$$:eek: Neither coach has much if any Preventive maintenance history, and one has NO Prevost or Detroit Diesel history at all. Its like it fell off the planet for 10 years. As we know, just with tires, and batteries we are talking over $10K.. So, the clock is ticking. Our deadline to hear back is Friday August 25th. This will give us travel time over the weekend to go see these 2 rigs.

We will see.:D

bonhall41
08-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Good luck on your offers. Hope at least one of them works out. Sounds as if either one will keep you busy and off the streets for a while. Keep us posted.

Bonnie

tdelorme
08-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Jim there may not be any written records of service for either coach, but they both have DD computer information stored in the computer memory. Get the codes read and if the memory has been cleared anytime in the past, run away as fast as you can. Good luck, go get a good one!!

Jon Wehrenberg
08-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Jim and Chris....good luck.

Short of the engine or transmission having expensive problems there is not much under the coach that cannot be replaced, thus putting the coach in new condition. $1100 for air bags and 12 hours of work. Maybe $700 for brake chambers (tops) and about 6 hours of work. $900 for all new Norgrens and solenoid valves depending on the converter and 45 minutes for each.

That leaves brake disks and drums, brake pads or shoes, wheel bearings and hub seals. All easily replaced with a little work. If you don't want to do it yourself drop it off at Joe C's house. It is improbable you would ever find a bus so bad all the above needed replacement at the same time.

Allow for all fluids and filters so you have the maintenance schedule starting point and you will have a trouble free coach that only requires routine preventive maintenance.

I know you guys can handle anything on the interior.

Be sure to let us know the results.

Coloradobus
08-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Thanks all,
Yes, we will look at the engine codes for sure.
Candidate #1, one is 1997 XL over 100K miles. A DMI by Prevost says.
Oil leak oil pan, oil leak air compressor, wiper motor inop, needs tires, batteries, may need suspension rubber products, air bags etc. Then fluids, belts, filters, hoses, the house part of the coach is unknown.

Candidate #2, is 1999 XL, sat for long time, 42K miles.Prevost DMI shows Shocks leak, all rubber suspension products deteriorated, seals gone, needs tires, needs batteries, been long time since plugged in, No DD history, no Prevost history, wipers inop, Frig may not work, genset airbags gone. Stater may be shot.

Both may have cabinet delamination from heat, other interior heat related issues, won't know until we get there. My have leaks. We just don't know.

Time will tell if our offers are entertained.

Alek&Lucia
08-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Jim,

Who made the conversion ?

Alek

Coloradobus
08-19-2008, 05:30 PM
They are both Marathons.

Joe Cannarozzi
08-19-2008, 07:25 PM
I think it would be safe to assume that whatever Prevost estimated is probably more than double a reasonable cost.

Jim I do not think anyone in the group bought a bus that was more neglected that ours.

It all came back online beautifully and has proven to be a good decision.

Good luck, maybe you will get them both and then you can have a fleet to go along with your airstream's:D

Ya know I did find one good thing that resulted from the absence of any maintenance and it was nobody got in there and changed or buggered anything up and that was a good thing. That along with the price.

Half of that stuff would probably have to be done to a "nice" one of that age anyway.

truk4u
08-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Good luck guys, must be the H is sold or you can't wait to be part of the exclusive TBC.:p

Coloradobus
08-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Hey Joe,

No Prevost Fleet for us. Got word a few minutes ago that Volvo Motor Credit will pass on both of our offers. These coaches are both unattended and not plugged in and deteriorating, all systems operated as the batteries went flat, now both coaches are dead. Volvo didn't even make a counter offer.
So, with no numbers in hand to tell where they were coming from, we won't take the time to see them. Pity, I was up for road trip. I emailed back and said if Volvo Credit changes their minds in a few months ( they have had one for 3 already) to let us know.:( Guess now I don't have to worry about selling "Lily."

merle&louise
08-19-2008, 09:01 PM
You know, it is amazing to me that lending institutions are really that apathetic. If I were trying to sell an asset that was foreclosed on I would at least show some interest in a potential buyer. Certainly, enough to make a counter offer or at the very least let that party know my bottom line figure.

I suppose when its not your money, it doesn't matter:eek:

Jon Wehrenberg
08-19-2008, 09:29 PM
At one time Tom Murray handled the sales of repo's for Volvo (or more precisely Prevost).

He is reasonable and understands value, and as a coach owner himself he is aware of how to care for a coach as it sits unattended. If you want to pursue these I suggest an inquiry to Tom. I believe he can be reached thru Phil Cooper's site.

He might be able to put them in play for you.

Jim Skiff
08-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Roger seems to be on the road. What's he doing? Where has he gone?:rolleyes:

dalej
08-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Jim, don't be messing with us.....that bus has a slide above his head!

garyde
08-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Roger, is that you. Did you buy another Liberty?

dalej
08-24-2008, 07:15 AM
Roger, you do realize that you and Micki have to be in western South Dakota in two weeks don't you.

The car business is really slow right now-Roger said in April Right!

MangoMike
08-24-2008, 08:30 AM
A word to the wise.

Never underestimate Fast Roger.

...Dale you're right. It sure looks like a slide.

Mike

Jon Wehrenberg
08-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Ain't nobody gonna believe what the King just did.

dalej
08-24-2008, 08:55 AM
Is he the 'King of Bling' or the 'King of KaChing'

rfoster
08-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Micki and I are in Stuart, Florida in a new to us coach, yes we got so much for the Bling Mobile, that we reluctanly made a trade. :cool: We now have a 57000 mile 2003 Country Coach XL2 with 2 slides. It is an all new learning experience for us and we are Not fast learners.l So yea, my slide bladders will leak, my skin will peel, my windows willl break, and my big ass tv will not go up and down, but we will be burning diesel cause it is still a Prevost.

The Liberty Elegant Lady we had was loaded to the max for the year it came out and we feel we gave up quite a few nice features to get the room that a slide coach offers. Hopefully we will be pleased with the Country Coach and someday I can trade for another Liberty. as soon as I recover from this trade.

I will get some pixs up later

Dale we will be at Spearfish, and Skiffer were did you get that picture?
There are no well kept secrets in POG

MangoMike
08-24-2008, 10:53 AM
This is great!

I can't wait to hear:

"Mick, we've been Hit!" Emitting from the new bus.

Congrats.

Mango

merle&louise
08-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Congratulations Roger & Micki, welcome to the world of slides. You will love them. Can't wait to see the XL II:D

Jon Wehrenberg
08-24-2008, 11:02 AM
The man is my idol. He owns a car business at the worst time in the world to own a car business and then he goes out and buys a new bus at a time when everybody is bitching about resale values and the cost of diesel.

Congratulations on the new ride and for swimming against the tide.

merle&louise
08-24-2008, 11:11 AM
The man is my idol. He owns a car business at the worst time in the world to own a car business and then he goes out and buys a new bus at a time when everybody is bitching about resale values and the cost of diesel.

Congratulations on the new ride and for swimming against the tide.

Jon,

You are 100% right! Roger is the Man, this really is the best time to buy. I know that the dealers have high inventory. So now is, if you can bring yourself to go against the grain, the time to buy a coach.:D

mcirco
08-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Hey Roger

Laura broke the news to me last night after she talked with Micki that you had pulled the trigger and got your new bus. I was just wondering how soon this group would pick up on it - hard to keep any secrets here - although I kept my mouth shut. You will love the slides - it adds so much more excitement to camping - Laura and I are always jumping up and down and high five-ing everytime we push the button and they actually work. Anytime the slides go back in it's always the highlight of every trip.

I think the other big problem you will have is that TRUK will always want to use your toilet - although he won't need to bring a magazine anymore.

Congratulations

Miles and Laura Circo
2004 Country Coach 45' XLII D/S

Coloradobus
08-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Conbrats to you and Micki.
What's the Country Coach number,,,, six, zero, what,what ,what???
See you in SD, too.

Denny
08-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Rogers,
Congrats on your "new" Country Coach. Its good to have another CC owner in the group. Enjoy your ride!

phorner
08-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Congatulations Roger and Micki on you new bus!! We are so happy for you and can't wait to see it!

Hope to see you sometime at the ORA in St. Lucie West :D.....

Loc
08-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Roger & Micki,

Congratulations on the new bus. Welcome to the dark side of slides.
The Liberty alliance must be reeling. When you get a chance we would love to see some pictures. A quick trip to Kerrville on the way to South Dakota would be a good break-in run. Should I book you a space?

Loc

rmboies
08-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Roger & Micki,

We are thrilled for you and yes, welcome to the dark side with double slides..it's great over here:D Can't wait to see your new ride but most of all, miss seeing you both!

Debi and Bob too!

jack14r
08-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Roger,All of the problems with XLII are over stated,you will love it and the slides!!!Congrats.

dale farley
08-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Roger/Micki, Congrats on the new bus. It's good to have another Country Coach owner. With your money and clout, you should increase the prestige of all us CC owners. Looking forward to seeing you and the bus at Spearfish.

truk4u
08-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Congrats King and Micki, can't wait to see that bad boy in person.;)

I can just see Jon sitting in a dark room in his rocking chair, listening to the Lennon Sisters with a tear in his eye just thinking about the loss of a Liberty family member.:( And a fellow TN stump jumper at that!

Miles - I didn't see any sheep in the pictures!:eek:

Jerry Winchester
08-24-2008, 09:42 PM
I can hear the whining already. The King of Bling couldn't be sporting around in a rivet coach while his minions were springing up everywhere in sleek stainless comfort.

Good job King and Mrs. King. Now if you can remember to put the slide "IN" before you pull out of the Bat Cave, you'll be in good shape.

And don't think this will keep you from receiving your "special" award.....

garyde
08-25-2008, 12:37 AM
I want to welcome you to the Dbl. Slide Prevost family Roger. Congrads on the new purchase. Send pictures.

Toy Box
08-26-2008, 04:46 PM
Congrats to you Roger. Hope your new ride has the big nuts! Stop by Durango if you are in the neighborhood.

truk4u
08-26-2008, 11:38 PM
The King and Queen visited North Georgia today on their way home and the new Bus is a beauty! We had a great Mexican dinner and got a first class tour of the King Bling Mobile. As Ms Nancy and I drove away, I could hear the King yelling, "hey Truk, did you see my electric awning.":D

Here the King is doing a demo of the automatic leveling

King, Queen and loyal subjects

rfoster
08-27-2008, 01:43 AM
Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments and congrats.

Me and the Mick are still out in the bus and have not made it home yet. We enjoyed visiting with fellow POG members Jim and Karen Keller Monday night at their beautiful home in Markystown, Florida. Jim and Karen provided us with true Southern Hospitality at its best. Great Food, Fun, Facilities, and Friends. This facility is the nicest place I have ever plugged my 50 Amp cord into. I signed up for lifetime membership and hope that my priviledges don't get chopped.

Then tonight we enjoyed a great Mexican meal with The Mr & Mrs TRUKMAN , Tom and Nance in North Georgia. We had a great time even in the rain. Lots of talk about the acme truck going to Spearfish in preparation for future rallies. Again just outstanding fun with great POG friends.

We will make it home hopefully by Wed Night and I should be able to Post Pics as many of you have requested - for some reason I can not get the pics to post on the forum thru the Verizon Air Card. It used to work fairly well -I may have changed a setting or two who knows?

Jim and Chris: our coach number is 60476

Loc: Sorry but can't make this one, would love to hit Kerrville again it's a great place to hang out. Tell em hello- Watch that guy Eric From Tenn.

Bob and Deb this ain't the darkside -is it? We love the room.

Toybox: Thanks for the invite, maybe, just maybe some day we can show up in Durango. We would love it. Its got biguns!!

A1: If I lie about seeing you block the road, and say no I didn't see Jon block traffic and caused the cops to show up, can I still be your hero?

If you and Di are around Wed afternoon, I will give a call and stop at 398 to get you to fix a few things when we come thru town.

Tuga - Buses are hard to sell right now, but remember there is an ass for every seat = look at me. It appears to me that business is picking up some due to fuel prices dropping and just the general cycle of business. Things go slow for a while but eventually some one will spend money and the cycle starts again, I try to do my part.

Phil and Janice - I don't like the Valet parking guys either, I had a very similar encounter once in Atlanta. I wound up having to move too. I hope to be able to return PSL next Feb again. Looking forward to seeing yall and the Mayor of Elmyra.

Sorry if I left anyone out, didn't mean too.

Having a bus is great but being a part of POG - Its the best!:cool:
Thanks again.

CC forever, well maybe

rickdesilva
08-27-2008, 07:40 AM
Roger and Micki
Welcome to the "smooth" side. Hopefully you will find that your friends won't hold your "non rivet" status against you. Drive it in health.....is there an upgrade in your toad? maybe a BMW or a Benz?

Jon Wehrenberg
08-27-2008, 07:56 AM
King,

We await your call. If you deny seeing a big 45 foot Liberty shut down a highway you are my idol.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
08-27-2008, 08:13 AM
Congratulations Roger & Micki. That looks like a beautiful bus, and I am sure you will enjoy all the Re-Learning you will have to go through to get use to your new baby.

Where are you going to add CHROME first ! ? :D

Enjoy !

Gary S.

tdelorme
08-27-2008, 09:13 AM
"Where are you going to add CHROME first ! ?"

Gary, it's a no brainer. A CHROME PLASTIC SHIELD has been ordered, you can bet on it.

Nice bus even if it's not a Liberty :):)

Coloradobus
08-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Roger,

Try to look more happy!!!:D What's the country coach production number of your new ride?

Gary & Peggy Stevens
08-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Roger, Try to look more happy!!!:D What's the country coach production number of your new ride?

From Rogers Previous Post up above: "Jim and Chris: our coach number is 60476" cuss I guess you missed the number posted earlier?

Gary S.

garyde
08-28-2008, 12:00 AM
Hi Roger. Feel free to call me if you have any questions or issues with your slides, or anything else.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-28-2008, 07:25 AM
Di and I had the pleasure of seeing Roger and Micki's new ride last night.

I had to look twice to see if it was a CC because it did not have the plastic bug catcher. Knowing Roger and his Liberty background I do not expect to see one anytime soon.

As he was showing me the coach he was already planning on where he will start adding bling. I suspect it is going to take a long time for Micki and Roger to stop grinning. They are having way too much fun enjoying their new coach.

There will be tours at Spearfish and anybody that wants one needs to send me $100 in unmarked small bills. I will pass out tickets in SD.

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Hey Micki, and Roger, sure looks like a fine bus. :) Wish you the best in all tour travels.

Did you keep the disco ball form the engine compartment of the Liberty?

I will be expecting a tour in Spearfish.

JIM

rfoster
08-28-2008, 08:48 AM
Jim C. You bet I kept my Disco Balls. The others are bit smaller now tho.

Thanks for the nice comments.

jello_jeep
08-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Roger, see a doctor, there is medication for it ;):D

Jim C. You bet I kept my Disco Balls. The others are bit smaller now tho.

Thanks for the nice comments.

rfoster
08-28-2008, 05:19 PM
As Jon had mentioned he and Di were very kind to buy our supper last night when we motored thru Knoxville. He knew I was broke. What a guy.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CIMG3806-1.jpg

Even the waitress knew he was a Legend.

Jim Skiff
08-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Nice picture King. Though it is clear who had the apple pie ala mode.:D

rfoster
08-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Pictures for your viewing pleasure:
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CC03SIDE.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CC03REAR.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CC03INSIDE.jpg

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Beautiful paint design, and the stainless looks like a mirror.

:):)

jonnie
08-28-2008, 07:55 PM
King,

Great bus! It is only the money differnece that counts right? I am jealous!

merle&louise
08-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Fast Roger,

Beautiful inside and out! I like the 42" TV and the room that the slides afford. There's nothing prettier than an XL II.:D

Cant' wait to see it in person.

rmboies
08-28-2008, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=rfoster;34127]Pictures for your viewing pleasure:

And a pleasure it is Roger, very beautiful and I love the ribbon paint scheme. Micki, you will like those floors, so easy to take care of!! Can't wait to see the new ride and both of you in person. Maybe Florida???

Debi and Bob-05

rbeecher
08-28-2008, 10:17 PM
King and Micki,

Simply awesome, you have gone straight from the head of the XL Class to the head of the XLII Class!

Richard and Barbara Beecher
2002 Marathon XLII 45
1996 Vogue XL 40 for sale

Alek&Lucia
08-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Hi Roger, Hi Micki,

Nice bus !
After the upgrade from XL to XLII would you let us park next to you now,
like we did in Branson ? :)

Alek, Lucia and rest of the ZOO

Joe Cannarozzi
08-29-2008, 12:30 AM
I always thought your Liberty was one of the better looking paint scheems and was doubtful how I would judge your new but it is just as nice looking in its own way. I hope it will give you as reliable trouble free service as the old one did.

Who got or what happened to it?

JIM KELLER
08-29-2008, 08:25 AM
Roger, You just can't hide money !

phorner
08-29-2008, 08:25 AM
Roger and Micki,

Great looking bus! Congratulations!

Coloradobus
08-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Wow, Roger!! Nice paint and interior! Believe it or not, when that coach came off the line in March/April '02, it was sitting outside Star Wood's office in Jct City. Chris and I with Brian Thompson of Country Coach took it, 60476, out for a spin to Eugene and back. What a small world!!!:)

rfoster
08-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Jim and Chris: Small world for sure, I have the build order from Lazy Days with customer name on the build order. Its a small world that it winds up in Florida to be sold by Liberty to me in Tennessee. We are still as Jon says Grining. Did it drive good then too?

Joe C. Thanks for the compliments on both buses. Liberty Coach now has our old bus for sale. There is a fellow by the name of Dave Walls, sales Manager of Liberty who has bought several POG meals at previous Pog Rallies and has supported the Prevost - Stuff website. Liberty has been a consistent supporter of our POG group. Liberty/he is good at what they/he does. Call him and be ready cause he is ready to do business. I know they had someone interested in when I left. But until the paper tag is in the window and it crosses the curb it ain't sold.

Alec and Lucia: Yes, I would be happy for yall to park next to us anytime. Just like Branson.

Thanks again to everyone for the nice comments. POG is the best!!

Ray Davis
08-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Roger and Micki

Truely a gorgeous coach! I can't wait to see what the "King of Bling" does with that baby! :D

Sorry that Kathy and I can't make Spearfish, would love to see the new coach.

Ray

garyde
08-30-2008, 10:47 PM
So Roger. This means you belong to the TBC? Does Mango know.