PDA

View Full Version : RV Dump on Chicago North Side?

adamdegraff
08-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Anybody know of a place to dump on the north side of Chicago? I'll be in Evanston, Park Ridge, Paletine, etc.

Thanks,

Adam

Jon Wehrenberg
08-19-2008, 11:32 AM
The Dave Matthews band can probably tell you where NOT to dump.

If you need places to dump around the country the best bet is to find the closest campground. They will generally charge a small fee.

Flying J truck stops have dump stations, but they are not the easiest to get at with a bus.

Or you can go on line to this site: http://www.rvdumps.com/dumpstations/

MangoMike
08-19-2008, 02:58 PM
All the Love's Truck stops I've used have DMB* stations.

*Dave Matthew's Band

Joe Cannarozzi
08-19-2008, 07:15 PM
There are none of those around here Mike. Adam there is no and I mean NO campgrounds even close. Do you have a macerator pump? If you have a grey water bypass get that in play.
There is a porta-potty co. called "The Great Event" that could probably come and do the dirty deed or check the local yellow pages for a closer one.

Now you know what lead Mr. Mathews to his mistake.

garyde
08-19-2008, 11:25 PM
You might check with Greyhound and other private transportation companies in the area to see if you can pay to use their dump station. Liberty is in Chicago as well and might accomodate a POG member.

phorner
08-20-2008, 08:12 AM
We stayed in Marengo, which is just to the north west of Chicago. Nice campground and they can accommodate you.

However, you DO NOT want to drive to Liberty Coach in an attempt to dump.... very busy, tight and congested industrial area that would be a very difficult place to drive the bus around.

Good luck :)

adamdegraff
08-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Thanks everybody for the help. I think my best bet is to dump on my way into Chi, and then be conservative while there, and then dump on my way to out of town to Minneapolis.

Much thanks,

Adam