PDA

View Full Version : Thompson Coaches

Sid Tuls
08-18-2008, 12:47 AM
Just wondering how many POG members have the Thompson Coach? I know there aren't to many but would like to find out where there at. Thanks

Sid Tuls
08-18-2008, 02:21 AM
Hey,I found my answer under the the thread "who's on first" and boy was that an interesting forum " five O" It keep me up till cattle feeding time!:eek:

Joe Cannarozzi
08-18-2008, 07:05 PM
So what's the verdict, 2?

Sid Tuls
08-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi Joe, yep 2 untill I can Locate the other ones they built. There was one I looked at when I bought mine @ Thompson it was 2006 45'XL11 D/S and a party in Texas bought it. Now that I think of it I'll give Rick a call and get his name and ask him to join POG's

Joe Cannarozzi
08-18-2008, 07:48 PM
The folks that did ours only built 15 or 20 during the mid 80's.

I have been dilligently looking for others with no success. We have found one lone soul who new the man and his conversions.

Are you going to Spearfish?

rickdesilva
08-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Sid
There is another fellow who only posted a few times. He posted under the name "Bryonwhite" I believe he was from the Denver area and has an '04. So there are only 3 Thompson Pog's. Perhaps at the next POG rally Skiffer can put us in the 'Limited Production' section.

lewpopp
08-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Hey Cherokee Joe,

Who was your builder or converter? And where did they do their work?

Joe Cannarozzi
08-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Hickox Lew, Mr. Hickox. It's in our signature line. They were out of central Illinois. Ours was orriginally built for and owned by A. J. Foyt.

I like to believe he was the "Thompson" of his day.

Sid Tuls
08-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Joe, love to go to a Spearfish but just a little to busy getting my youngest son in the family cattle industry. Thanks for the invite I will get to one in the near future. But for now it's burning up the 40 Visalia/Amarillo=1173 miles and still having a grin on my face every mile:) The wife has a little differant thought=Let's go somewhere else:confused:

grantracy
08-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Interesting coincidence Joe,my coach was built for and owned by AJ Foyt.

Joe Cannarozzi
08-19-2008, 08:09 PM
I'll be darned. Well ours is an 86 so that was probably 20 buses ago for him:eek:

Grant I got your e-mail today and composed quite a long response and lost it before I got it sent. Don't ya hate that. Call me 708-243-7871 it will be easier.

lewpopp
08-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Joe, it seems as though on a return trip from the Redmand rally about 6 years ago I ran into the old man (meaning Mr Hickcox). He invited me in and we talked and he wanted to sell the one he was driving but I wasn't in the position to get it. It was a beauty and had a lot of extra air conditioning outlets. He said his son wa in the conversion business and that he had a cabinet making business prior to doing the busses. I think I have the right guy. He gave me his business card but that's long gone. CRAFT ( can't remember a friggin thing.)

Am I right on my memory?

Joe Cannarozzi
08-20-2008, 02:01 AM
Shoot Lew I've only ever gotten input back from one other guy, a sales rep for cruisair on the east coast. He gave me about as much as you did.

There is a trucking company that remains behind to this day in that local. It carries the same name and phone# as was in my converters manuals. I called it once and got a stern refusal for info from the receptionist. I think it is time for another call.

Sid Tuls
07-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Well I had my first problem with the coach:confused: For some unknown reason my Gen/shore contactor went out. The reason I'am posting this just to let you know that Rick Thompson of Thompson Coach now an orphan coach still stays behind his conversion:D Rick spent a number of hours(8) helping me through the changing of the 60 amp contactor. It's great to see now a days people proud of their wokmanship. I know that there are only 2 coaches on POG but I'am glad I'am 1 of them. Maybe all them people are that nice in Knoxville?

dalej
07-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Glad to hear that it went well for you Sid.

-Where's the Beef? Nebraska has been losing quite a few because of the heat.

Sid Tuls
07-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks Dale, "Wheres the Beef" it's been a hot across the country and hard on the cattle people. But it looks hard across the board when you read the other posts. I'am ready for CHANGE!!!!!!!!

Loc
07-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Sid,

If the '06 was green with burgundy on the exterior it is owned by a couple from Galveston. I met them at Buckhorn in Kerrville last year and have seen them a couple of times.

Loc

Sid Tuls
07-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Loc, I believe thats the one. I have a file on it that i will e-mail to you. I know it's big but would love to make contact with the owner just for the fun of it. I know that he got a great deal on that coach at that time.Thanks for getting back to me.

dick daugird
06-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Hi Sid,
I am the party, that have a Thompson Coach, residing in Galveston, Tx.
Although a second owner, Rick Thompson has treated me better than I
ever expected. He is always available to talk and help me through a
problem. Luckily, all issues have been fairly easy to resolve with his help.
We have been very pleased with the quality of this Prevost.

This is my first post, an RV'ER friend sent this to me.

If you care to contact me, my email address is: dick@daugirds.com

Dick & Horacene Daugird

Sid Tuls
06-10-2010, 12:11 AM
Hi Dick, Glad to have you on POG!! I also have the highest respect for Rick Thompson he has help me thru a few minor problems. I will stay in touch with you also. My e-mail is sidtuls@yahoo.com cell 559-901-6426 . I'am on a golf outing right now and will get back in touch with you at a later date.

Sid Tuls
12-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Hey Loc, I just talk to the man from Galveston who owns that 2006 Thompson. He said he was at the P.O.G. rally this year. His name is Dick Daugird. Had a great time talking to him. He said he had a great time with all you guys. Just wanted Rick to know that we now have grown to 3 Thompson buses on POG.

rickdesilva
12-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Sid
There is strength in numbers. Finally we have another person to help us figure out where we will have our Thompson national convention. Dick, welcome. Now we're starting to become a recognized group. Hopefully these other POG people will begin to respect us!

JIM KELLER
12-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Rick, With due respect, keep growing and someday you might get your own Category on the Forum.

Sid Tuls
12-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Jim, do you have to have problems with your conversion first before you can start a forum? Just kidding! Hey Rick you can join in at anytime.

rickdesilva
12-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Sid,
I don't know if you know Keller that well, however my Cousin Tony is going to stop over at his place to have a "talk" with him.
Rick

Sid Tuls
12-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Now we might have problems. No Rick I don't know him but I got a feeling I'm going too:-)

Jerry Winchester
12-05-2010, 06:30 PM
I don't think the Thompson guys are thin skinned enough to have their own Category.

JIM KELLER
12-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Rick, No Please ! Not cousin Tony !

Jdub, Good One !

Sid Tuls
10-02-2011, 04:20 PM
I know that Thompson Coaches are few but there is a 2007 Thompson for sale on RV Online.com. He has a price tag of $739,000.00 for a coach that only has 18,000 miles. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of room in this economy!! This coach was built just before mine. If someone is looking for a coach I for one can tell ya that it's a great conversion. It's just a shame that we lost/shut down so many of these converters.