PDA

View Full Version : Nothing to do with busses.

MangoMike
08-12-2008, 10:52 PM
My running what's-going-to-show-up-at-the-door-today contest with JDUB reached a new level today.

DEFCON 2.

I'll admit to raising the stakes a bit over the years.

Including, but not limited to, items I've sent him:

A couple of steaks left over from our Barclay Dinner at POG I. Mailed parcel post.

Artificial dog poop.

A rubberized the dog ate my homework throw up model.

Numerous OSU useless gadgets all in PMS 166 orange.

A birthday Pizza from Dominoes.

A personalized subscription to Maxim magazine, this one sent to the Boots & Coots World Headquarters so the minions in the mailroom could get a little enjoyment.

A fully loaded pizza (extra pork) delivered in the midst of his fancy dancy catered dinner party for the Oil Minister of Algeria at his palatial home in Houston.

Costing him a $1000 for Deb's and Jon's favorite charity, Paws for Pilots, in an effort to save his cowboy moustache at POG V.

All this pales in comparison to what showed up on my doorstep today, via airfreight.

He sent me a dog.

Since he's a male and I wanted to think of JDUB every time he licked his nuts, I named him DUBSKI.

••••••••

Well he's certainly raised the bar in the arms race.

I've already been in contact with the International Asian Child Relief Adoption Network, with a potential mid America placement.

We're on our way to DEFCON 1.

Welcome Dubski, we're gonna have some fun.

bonhall41
08-12-2008, 10:57 PM
How do you get somebody to send you a dog like that? I'm sure you'll give him (or her) a good home.

bonhall41
08-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Just re-read that Dubski is indeed a male. Sounds like a more appropriate match for you.

rickdesilva
08-12-2008, 11:05 PM
I don't know Mango, I think if you have any testicular fortitude, you should return the favor by drop shipping some type of a farm animal.:)

Joe Cannarozzi
08-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Yo, Jon and Deb, looks like Mango is now taking in dogs.

That's a good lookin pooch. Did he send papers with it?

garyde
08-13-2008, 01:01 AM
I see Monkeys in Jerrys future!

Jon Wehrenberg
08-13-2008, 06:29 AM
Kid stuff.

If Mike really wants to up the ante he needs to have a very pregnant OSU cheerleader show up on JDUB's doorstep looking for him about 8 1/2 months after the last game JDUB attended.

Jerry Winchester
08-13-2008, 11:42 AM
In the desire for full disclosure, let me interject some additional facts.

Mike has not been able to prove I indeed sent him the dog. He only assumes I did it based on his gross history of misdeeds, many that have gone unmentioned in his tome. Secondly, Mike tragically lost his most recent dog and there was a hole to be filled here so someone has done him a great service. And lastly, given the tastful number of useful things I have sent him, he has no basis on which to complain, even if he could prove I sent the dog.

So while I am glad he is ever vigil in his quest to keep his past faux paus from haunting him, this is just another case of taking counsel of your fears and nothing more.

And I still owe the Krakman and maybe the King of Bling a deed of ACME proportion, but that is for another day.

Loc
08-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Those aren't faux "paws" - they look real to me.

MangoMike
08-13-2008, 02:14 PM
It has been pretty sad around the Anderson household without Maxine to nip at our ankles.

I hesitated in filling in all the details as I know how reluctant JDUB is in taking credit for good deeds..

Not wanting to be perceived as a nice guy, with a big heart as it may spoil his tough guy, oil field image.

He can fill this site with all his rhetoric and denial.

But those that know, know.

DUBSKI

Jon Wehrenberg
08-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Anybody that has lost a longtime pet knows.

wrongagain
08-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Very nice dog.
It is a very, very generous present, especially if it cost what ours did.
Dont know what your other dog was but if you need to know anything about that breed, let me know.
Good luck, and have fun.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p91/idontthinksobuddy/IMG_1271.jpg

rmboies
08-13-2008, 08:28 PM
It has been pretty sad around the Anderson household without Maxine to nip at our ankles.
DUBSKI

Mike and Donna, we had no idea you lost Maxine.....I can still hear her little bark everytime Donna was out of her sight in Sevierville....I also picture her thinking that she was the size of a Great Dane! She was a beautiful girl and she will always be with you, just out of the corner of your eye and in your hearts.

DUBSKI is adorable, and the the other DUBSKI has a heart the size of Texas....

bonhall41
08-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Just curious. Is the OSU mentioned in previous posts Ohio or Oklahoma? Go Bucks!

tdelorme
08-13-2008, 10:08 PM
JDUB was "raised right" as we say in Texas, and no matter how hard he tries to hide it, it just pops out every once and awhile.

And speaking of the Algerian Oil Minister, the Camel he gave to Jerry just recently passed on and if football season wasn't so close I'm sure JDUB would be on the next flight out to find a replacement.

OSU= Oklahoma State University

What kind of dog is that cute little feller?

Jon Wehrenberg
08-14-2008, 06:47 AM
OSU = Ohio State University

Every one knows that.

rmboies
08-14-2008, 09:07 AM
OSU= Oklahoma State University

What kind of dog is that cute little feller?

King Charles Spaniels, they are adorable......I have a friend who breeds and shows them......actually one of her males earned an Award of Merit at Westminster this year. She was beyond excited since her male was a solid color which is unusual and it is difficult for solids to win.

As Jon said, everyone knows that OSU stands for Ohio State University, GO BUCKS!! (sorry Jerry, I have to faithful to the home team:D)

http://bigten.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072408aaa.html

bonhall41
08-19-2008, 09:07 PM
How's Dubski doing? I was hoping to see another recent photo of him and hear how he's adjusting to his new digs.

Bonnie

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-28-2008, 07:41 PM
How is that little Dubski :confused: