PDA

View Full Version : Nice out of the way park

bluevost
08-10-2008, 01:14 AM
Hey POGgers,

Janet and I found a nice, bus friendly RV park in Tionesta, CA. Eagle's Nest RV Park, just south of Lava Beds Nat'l Mon., west of Hwy 139. It has flat grass pads, no trees, 50 Amp. service, and gravel roadways. Run by 60ish hippies Craig and Barbara, the place is very laid back. $21.60 a night with AAA discount, or Good Sam, it doesn't get much better.

Ken

08-10-2008, 07:30 AM
Hey POGgers,

Janet and I found a nice, bus friendly RV park in Tionesta, CA. Eagle's Nest RV Park, just south of Lava Beds Nat'l Mon., west of Hwy 139. It has flat grass pads, no trees, 50 Amp. service, and gravel roadways. Run by 60ish hippies Craig and Barbara, the place is very laid back. $21.60 a night with AAA discount, or Good Sam, it doesn't get much better.

Ken
Pam and I where thinking that when any of us finds a great RV park, private, state or federal we should share it with everyone, maybe even on a map,best sites, things to do, etc just like the Big rig book, but only for the POG people.
Lets get some feedback and decide if this makes some sense, if so I can ask Pam to create a google map that we can all post on.

We really love out of the way places, and ones that are not always the places that everyone comes to.

dalej
08-10-2008, 08:29 AM
Bruce, look at....quick links....Dale's Member's Map...RV Parks for Bus's

Let me know it I'm on the right track. I started it a month or two ago.

08-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Bruce, look at....quick links....Dale's Member's Map...RV Parks for Bus's

Let me know it I'm on the right track. I started it a month or two ago.
Have not seen this feature before, I guess I need a website roadmap or at least a tutorial, great work Dale.

Ray Davis
08-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Hey Dale,

Great Idea. It would be nice to have a pre-page for each recommended park, where users could have comments about the park, and there include the link to the park, as you do now.

Assuming it's not easy for automatic comments, at least we might email them to you for the time being. Kind of like our own internal rvparkreviews.com

Ray

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Ray, I thought you were working on that for Bill's map?

dalej
08-10-2008, 04:15 PM
I would think that a park that has big pull-thru's would be a standard for a park being on the list.

08-10-2008, 07:04 PM
I would think that a park that has big pull-thru's would be a standard for a park being on the list.
I would not limit myself to Pull Through only parks, but rather RV parks that are extremely worth while to visit, can be state, National, or private, we should develop a criteria that we can check box that identifies what each has to offer, hiking, biking, kayaking, beach, shopping, races, whatever, level of difficulty getting in and out, which sites by number should be considered, power, 3 ways , or just dry camping, but it must have special attributes that make it worth while. Some parks are outstanding, but do require some effort getting in and out. It must be safe and be possible to maneuver the bus throughout the park without a high level of difficulty and without possible damage to the bus.

We have found some really great campgrounds this summer that said they could not accommodate a 45' Big Rig. We simply decided to scout out locations by car within a 50 mile radius from our base campground, as part of day trips for Kayaking biking etc. We went in asked to inspect the campground, chose a few sites, wrote them down as part of a future list. We would book into a great place if we saw a really cool site. especially waterfront ones with or without power etc.

Anyway lets develop a system that works and see where it goes, but I would not leave out remote or special locations or limit myself to huge commercial RV parks, the best places are often out of the way.