PDA

View Full Version : Bose Sound System in CC

dale farley
08-09-2008, 01:01 AM
I have never really tried to use my front sound system in Surround Sound mode until tonight. I do not seem to be getting any sound from my speakers in the rear of the living room. I think these should be the ones that have ambient sound coming from them. Are there any other components in this system other than the speakers and the music center over the driver?

I don't know if my back speakers in the living room are connected or even "where" they should be connected. Any suggestions on where I should start looking to troubleshoot the problem of no ambient sound coming from the rear speakers in my living room when I am playing a cd that has surround sound? I have 3 sets of speakers over the dash and two sets of speakers in the rear of the living room.

Alek&Lucia
08-09-2008, 01:14 AM
Dale,

Look at your big white remote for BOSE. Second row from the bottom. Play with the buttons, on my remote first on the left is surround sound, then raise the volume for the surround with + - buttons, not volume for the whole system. Good Luck,

Alek

dale farley
08-09-2008, 02:34 AM
Thanks Alek. I think I have my problem solved. I had my TV output plugged into my Aux input rather than my Video input. I found an operator's manual on the Bose site, and that made things much easier.

truk4u
08-09-2008, 08:22 AM
Dale,

If you want to copy my manual, I'll send it to you.

jello_jeep
08-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Dale, also remember that surround sound like Dolby or DTS is encoded by engineers, someone sits at a mixing board and decides what should come out from each channel, delays involved etc. And many movies have little sound at all coming from your rear surrounds.

So lack of audio at a particular time is does not necessarily indicate a problem with your system..

Good luck!

jello_jeep
08-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Get an original, crayon does not copy well :p

Dale,

If you want to copy my manual, I'll send it to you.

dale farley
08-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Tom, I appreciate the offer of the manual, but I found a copy at Bose. It definitely helps with understanding the system. I thought I had a copy of all the manuals for the bus, but the Bose manual was missing. Thanks for everyone's input.