PDA

View Full Version : ISRI seats

sawdust_128
08-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Has anyone found a good source for parts, components and replacement skins for ISRI driver and co-pilot seats? I have contacted ISRIus, Inc. several times with no responses on my request for info.

I though I would ask before I started looking into a local upholstery shop.

Thanks

Joe Cannarozzi
08-07-2008, 01:15 PM
I got all the parts for our ISRI seats from Prevost Elgin. As far as upholstery IMO a local guy would be the way to go.

Be cautious of people working out of gravel lots in house slippers when looking for local guys.

sawdust_128
08-07-2008, 01:34 PM
I got all the parts for our ISRI seats from Prevost Elgin. As far as upholstery IMO a local guy would be the way to go.

Be cautious of people working out of gravel lots in house slippers when looking for local guys.

Local exemptions apply: Guys from Chicago can woik in anyting day wan, you nowadimean?

Besides, if I had a local guy working in his driveway....., well I would just have to trust me.

Thanks for the info.

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-07-2008, 02:20 PM
So Ed, what bus did you get? Any pictures to post? :)

Jon Wehrenberg
08-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Ed wants to massage his new ride into perfect condition before any of us gets a chance to see it. Maybe we will get a chance in Spearfish. It is customary for the most recent purchaser of a bus to pay for the formal dinner at the next rally. I just got my tux out of the cleaners in anticipation of the dinner and ballroom dancing.

MangoMike
08-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Jon,

I think that's officially known as the "Barclay Dinner".

MIke

phorner
08-07-2008, 04:57 PM
There's a local guy in Port St. Lucie, Florida that Liberty uses. I've seen his work on ISRI seats and they were absolutely gorgeous.

BUT, be prepared to leave a lot of Lewbucks behind.....

They do excellent work though :D

sawdust_128
08-07-2008, 05:31 PM
No pictures.

Put away the Tux.

Cancel the band.

Buy more hot dogs and double portions of kraut for Spearfish.

I have proposed. Bride-to-be is exhibiting usual girly shyness. A tentative date has been discussed. There have been no walks down the aisle and no I do's exchanged. No dowery has changed hands.

After reading this and several other forums, I understand that the girls of the Prevost family are high maintenence, fickle and complicated.
They are of sturdy stock and age well. However, don't piss them off because without notice, they will just quit on you and no matter what you think, it's your fault. Once they quit, expect little to no cooperation in repairing the relationship as they are stubborn and silent. Your best bet is to appease them with expensive, shiney gifts and take them on lots of long, expensive trips.

My question about the ISRI seats is one of a series that I will be asking based on my need to cover my A@@, before any final announcements are released.

Jon: For the formal dinner, take your pick:

131 Ryan Rd, Spearfish or 726 Harding St, Spearfish

Tux? If you like!!

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Ed, if you get to Spearfish, be sure to have a tie to wear to all the dinners.;)

Ask around town, you don't have to spend a lot of Lew Bucks on a good upholstery job, and contrary to what Joe said, some of the best work comes from the back alley shops. The best shops however will be loaded with work, so it will be difficult to get your job done in a timely manner.
Good luck and hope to see you in Spearfish.

JIM :)

Joe Cannarozzi
08-07-2008, 05:55 PM
I know what it is:p

Jon Wehrenberg
08-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Joe, me too, but Mr. Ed needs to be the one to reveal his new pride and joy to this unruly and uncouth crowd of misfits in whatever manner he chooses.

Maybe if the formal dinner at Spearfish hasn't scared him off like it did Barclay we will get to see it.

Ed....bringing your new ride to a rally will expose you to an experience that can best be analogous to a pack of dogs sniffing each other's butts. We all want to see it.

mikedee
08-07-2008, 07:29 PM
"After reading this and several other forums, I understand that the girls of the Prevost family are high maintenence, fickle and complicated.
They are of sturdy stock and age well. However, don't piss them off because without notice, they will just quit on you and no matter what you think, it's your fault. Once they quit, expect little to no cooperation in repairing the relationship as they are stubborn and silent. Your best bet is to appease them with expensive, shiney gifts and take them on lots of long, expensive trips."

I don't know if this is a compliment to POGgettes or an insult, but I do believe I am guilty on all accounts.

Dee Clark

sawdust_128
08-07-2008, 08:22 PM
"After reading this and several other forums, I understand that the girls of the Prevost family are high maintenence, fickle and complicated.
They are of sturdy stock and age well. However, don't piss them off because without notice, they will just quit on you and no matter what you think, it's your fault. Once they quit, expect little to no cooperation in repairing the relationship as they are stubborn and silent. Your best bet is to appease them with expensive, shiney gifts and take them on lots of long, expensive trips."

I don't know if this is a compliment to POGgettes or an insult, but I do believe I am guilty on all accounts.

Dee Clark

Thank you Dee!! I could not have found a way to ask for a better testimony that would validate my conclusions as much as your statement. However, I was talking about the buses. Not to worry. I seriously doubt that you are alone in your guilt.

sawdust_128
08-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Ed....bringing your new ride to a rally will expose you to an experience that can best be analogous to a pack of dogs sniffing each other's butts. We all want to see it.

O.K. I see. Well, hhhmmmmm I guess I could handle that..... but, if you guys start humping the tires I'm out of there!!

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Wanted to get an opinion on ISRI Seats vs standard leather bus seats which is what I have.

Is an ISRI air ride seat the only way to ride in the drivers seat, or is it that big of a deal to have? I am looking at various upgrades for our interior, and wanted to know your thoughts about replacing my current big leather bus seat with something else?

What are your thoughts.

Gary S.

garyde
06-28-2011, 10:43 PM
The primary benefit is the air cushion . Also, air support for the back. The seat I have is small and firm. No fluff. Similar to the Range Rover.

Mark3101
06-28-2011, 10:43 PM
What type of suspension is in yours now? Air or just springs? If it is air, I am not sure the ISRI would be that much better. I have one, and it is ok, but I am not sure it is better than say a Bostrom or some other "truck" seat. I don't know how yours compares.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-28-2011, 11:38 PM
Mark / Gary, my seat is not AIR of any kind. It is really just a large leather cushion seat much the same as in my Hummer, and maybe not as firm as in my hummer. My seat isn't uncomortable to sit in, but I think I would like an Air Seat for long term driving.

I have never driven a bus with the air ride seat, but have sat in them and thought they would make for a very comfortable drive? That is why I am asking.

Gary S.

Mark3101
06-29-2011, 08:00 AM
If it is just a seat with no suspension in it, then I would say go for one. ISRI seems to be the seat of choice for Prevost, but almost any good quality air seat would work.

truk4u
06-29-2011, 08:24 AM
Gary,

Look at Bostrom truck seats: http://www.bostromseating.com/

Here's an ISRI dealer: http://www.suburbanseats.com/thumbnails.aspx?a=1&catid=11&page=2

phorner
06-29-2011, 09:41 AM
A lot of folks credit the ISRI air ride seat for keeping them from tiring much after a full day of driving.

I don't know whether it's the ISRI seat, or the air suspension of the Prevost, but I definitely feel considerably less tired after a full day driving the bus that any other vehicle I've owned.

merle&louise
06-29-2011, 01:28 PM
My previous coach, a 93 Newell had an ISRI driver's seat. I loved it!

My present coach has a Recaro driver's seat. I don't like it at all. It's too hard and it doesn't have the air suspension like the ISRI.

Does anyone know how much an ISRI seat costs?

Jon Wehrenberg
06-29-2011, 02:05 PM
I didn't think any Prevost was delivered without an ISRI seat. Now I realize why Gary is advertising Country Coach. They come with ISRI seats.

Mark3101
06-29-2011, 04:47 PM
I didn't think any Prevost was delivered without an ISRI seat. Now I realize why Gary is advertising Country Coach. They come with ISRI seats.

They get delivered to some of the converters with what looks like a chair with some minimal padding. I was at Millennium last year and they just got two shells in with that type of seat. Very weird and uncomfortable looking.

Pete
06-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Gary, my last coach (American) had a seat probably much like the one you have now. My Vision has an ISRI seat, which when I bought the coach, I did not think I would like. I would not trade back! It takes a little getting used to in that it seems to go down when you hit a bump in the road, and up when you pass over a concave portion in the road. Once you get it adjusted to your liking, they are very comfortable and seem to conform to your body. I think you would really enjoy an ISRI. Go for it , you only go around once, so why not enjoy the trip!

Sid Tuls
06-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Gary, I have a ISRI seat in my coach and love it! I put on many 700 mile days and believe me I get from behind the wheel and not one bit tired. You won't be disappointed.

travelite
06-30-2011, 09:47 AM
Many years ago I installed an ISRI 6800 bus/coach seat in my coach - probably the best upgrade I every made. Can't live without it. My only complaint is that the seat cushion is a tad narrow, and I'm not wide. :) Anyone know if a wider seat cushion is available?

travelite
06-30-2011, 11:11 AM
One more thing about my ISRI seat experience. I bought mine off ebay for $600 and then I replaced about 6 valves at around $100/valve! :(

Gary & Peggy Stevens
07-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Thanks guys for all the input. When we do our coach interior upgrade, ( hopefully in the early fall ? ) involving removing the seats, I probably will replace my drivers seat with an Isri, or some other form of Air operated seat.

Gary