PDA

View Full Version : How to sell a bus

jelmore
07-31-2008, 10:10 AM
We've been on the road for a year and this group has always given great advice, especially when we were starting out. What an education we've had. It's been great trip and the bus is finally in great shape inside and out. But it's time to sell and move on to our next adventure.

We're full time so we can't leave it with a broker, though that's probably the best place to sell. We've got a web site for it and it's on rvtrader.com.

Any stories you'd care to share on how you have sold yours or advice on how we might sell this one?

hhoppe
07-31-2008, 03:28 PM
Sorry to hear your leaving the bus scene. I had excellent results selling my second coach through Steve @ California Coach. They are in an area of people that can afford our toys. Very honest hard working Steve will get it done for you with no hassle.

http://www.californiacoachcompany.com/

Kevin Erion
07-31-2008, 03:55 PM
I agree with Harry, if you are realistic with the price, Steve will sell it. He took about 2 weeks to sell our 99 Marathon XL45 for what I needed to net.

jelmore
07-31-2008, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the Steve lead. I talked to him and we'll see what we can do, though he did say it would be best if it was in his showroom. I imagine we'll be in the bus scene a while longer, which is a nice place to be. And now on to New York, Montreal, Quebec and Maine.

Ray Davis
07-31-2008, 08:19 PM
I was going to suggest Steve as well. Steve sold my coach, and I would never hesitate to sell another one through Steve.

But, correct me if I'm wrong, if you're not going to pretty much settle in one place, take calls, and allow visitors to the coach, it won't matter where you advertise it, it is going to be real difficult to sell?

The benefit that Steve brings to the table, vs several other internet sites, is this:

1. There is a single point of contact.
2. He's there essentially 6 days a week.
3. He knows these buses
4. The customer can visit his facility and actually view the coaches
5. And he supports the customers (and seller) after the sale
6. He helps in financing, and getting customer qualified for loans

If you advertise on any of the sites (Prevost-stuff is a good one, Phil Cooper) etc, then you have to provide all that service above. I did indeed find my last coach on rvonline.com. There are a handful of sites I use when looking:

1. California Coach
2. Prevost Stuff (and all of it's linked vendors)
3. rvonline.com
4. rvtraderonline.com
5. phillcooper.com

Ray

jelmore
07-31-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks Ray. Steve asked early on if Ray Davis had seen this coach!! You guys are a tight group! We hadn't planned on staying in one place to sell it. When we bought this Liberty, we looked around a lot on the internet and decided to travel to Yuma, AZ and Sanford, FL to look at our final three choices. I thought maybe someone else would do the same if they liked ours. I know that when Harry bought his latest, he went to Tulsa, OK to pick it up, though I don't know if he went there first to check it out. Thanks for the links to sites. If we don't get it sold while on the east coast, maybe we'll go back out west and hook up with Steve.

Ray Davis
07-31-2008, 08:55 PM
I am "in the hunt" at the moment. If you want to pass on some pictures, please email me at rdavis@cox.net.

Ray

garyde
07-31-2008, 10:42 PM
Hi Jim. If you can make the next POG rally, that is a great place to show your Coach. Harry bought his Coach at a POG rally in Keerville.

jelmore
07-31-2008, 11:05 PM
Oh, yeah! I remember now. Jerry and Don at Tulsa RV took that coach to the rally. We met Harry in Tulsa when he picked it up. If we're anywhere close to the next one, we'll definitely make it. Thanks.