PDA

View Full Version : "Private Coach" sign? Where to buy

dmark1
07-31-2008, 05:37 AM
Does anyone on this forum know where I can purchase a "Private Coach"sign in brass for the sides of my coach? Also, does Prevost still make or can I still purchase on the secondary market the traditional black and chrome Prevost sign that they put under the windshield?

Thanks for the help

Mark Wyant
2001 Prevost/Featherlite Vantage

07-31-2008, 06:54 AM
Does anyone on this forum know where I can purchase a "Private Coach"sign in brass for the sides of my coach? Also, does Prevost still make or can I still purchase on the secondary market the traditional black and chrome Prevost sign that they put under the windshield?

Thanks for the help

Mark Wyant
2001 Prevost/Featherlite Vantage
I was at Prevost Quebec a month ago and purchased one from a set of Traditional Prevost front and rear name plates. It was there last instock set they had in Quebec at the time. Just call and ask for Jose, she can direct to parts and place the order. The item is called "Prevost Crest", there are two in a box, and there should be one left from the box I purchased from. You can order only one, the part # is 490550, you will also need the gasket # 490601. I did not order the front one because of 2 reasons, one mine is protected by the lexan rock guard and still looks good, and 2, I did not want to hassle with taking off and putting on one in the front. The back was a no brainer the front will be somewhat more complex. Also the Prevost Crest that I purchased is dark Blue with lighter blue background stripes running through it. I do not believe it is black, at least the one that was offered to me anyway and it matched my front one exactly. Also hold your hat as they are not cheap.

I am also interested in a Private car sign as well and will be interested to hear the response on this.

Loc
07-31-2008, 08:01 AM
You can get the Private Coach placard from Marathon although it is aluminum and not brass. Here is the link.

http://www.marathoncoach.com/boutique/index.cfm

The sign is about 2/3 of the way down the page.

lewpopp
07-31-2008, 09:27 AM
Mark, You might consider putting separate stainless steel letters on the front and rear like several models have had. The front ones are small and the rear ones of course are larger. I did that years ago and am pleased the way they look.

I priced the crest and I decided that the letters looked better and I think were less Lewbucks. My memory does not allow me to think how much they were. I just tried to look up the invoice for the letters but apparently I placed it somewhere other than my file of parts. I purchased the letters from IBP(In ternational Bus Parts) in Apopka Fl.

Tully
07-31-2008, 09:46 AM
I bought a very nice set off ebay. Made of high quality spun aluminum. Do a search. I think a set was only $40.00.

Tully Lee Garrett