PDA

View Full Version : RV Park near San Antonio/ Austin

Kevin Erion
07-28-2008, 10:40 PM
I think there was a post not that long ago for a nice RV Park in this area. We are going to Schlitterbahn water park in New Braunfels just north of San Antonio.
Thanks!

Gary & Peggy Stevens
07-29-2008, 12:52 AM
Kevin, Peg and I were in La Hacienda RV Park on Lake Travis about 2 weeks ago. Very new, very nice park. http://www.lahaciendarvpark.com/

It is off of I-35 @ Exit 184 You can look at my pictures on line, back in the other posts about Get Togethers.

We were going to the Hill Country RV Resort http://www.hillcountryrvresortnb.com/ in New Braunfels this weekend with our granddaughter, but decided to stay closer to home this time, and go to Schliterbahn in Galveston.

Enjoy the Hill Country

Loc
07-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Kevin,

There are a couple of choices in the SA / New Braunfels area. In San Antonio, Blazing Star (www.blazingstarrv.com) is the best park. It is located on the west side of San Antonio close to Sea World, but not terribly convenient to Schlitterbahn. There are a couple of rv parks in New Braunfels that are okay. River Ranch (www.riverranchtexas.com) is essentially a full hookup parking lot (but nice) on the Guadalupe River right under the I-35 bridge over the river at exit 187. It is really convenient for everything in New Braunfels, but you will need to call ahead because it is a smaller park and not all of the sites will fit a 45 foot bus. The other park in the New Braunfels area that is good for a 45 foot rig is Canyon Trail (www.canyontrailrv.com) which has about 70 full hookup pull through sites. The only drawback is that it is located north of New Braunfels at exit 199 on I-35 and really only close to the outlet malls. Schlitterbahn is accessed at exit 190 on I-35 from the north and exit 184 from the south. My choice would be River Ranch if you they can fit you in. If your travel brings you through Houston, we would love to buy you and the family a bean and see that new paint job.

We had a friend that went to New Braunfels last weekend and drove through Hill Country RV, he said he was glad that he had a reservation at River Ranch. I haven't been through Hill Country since they added a new area, but when we went trough it was a permanent resident campground that we decided to pass on.

Loc

Kevin Erion
07-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the info, just made reservations for the 5th and 6th of August at River Ranch.