PDA

View Full Version : Big Thanks to Joe Cannarozzi

lloyd&pamela
07-24-2008, 11:04 PM
Prevost said we needed to replace all our airbags and Jon recommended we detour to Chicago and see Joe. We backtracked from Nebraska and drop shipped 8 air bags and 2 Norgren valves to Joe's home.

We arrived yesterday afternoon and had the front airbags installed in three hours, before supper time. The four of us enjoyed a lovely dinner at Belagio's Restaurant.

First thing this morning we started jacking up the rear, and were finished eight and a half hours later. Returning tonight from the Mexican restaurant the bus is still level. THAT IS A FIRST. Thank you Joe. What a great learning experience.

Tomorrow morning we have a three axle alignment and then off to South Dakota.

Some of the highlights are:
-Joe and Debs wonderful hospitality
-seeing Al Capone's home (in Joe's South Chicago Neighborhood)
-flock of parakeets that live year round at the end of the block
-missing the train to Chicago tonight and nearly getting arrested for crossing the tracks
-watching Carly (Joe and Debs granddaughter) ride with no hands standing on her pegs
-good food, good conversation, good friends...

jello_jeep
07-24-2008, 11:16 PM
You guys look like the "before" picture for a Tide commercial :)

Looks like a good days work, keep an eye on that Joe, he is a slippery one! :D

Joe Cannarozzi
07-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Oh my God. No wonder Pam was laughing so much with the camera. That picture is embarrassing. I look like a skid row bum.:eek:

The biggest thing I was able to give Lloyd was more confidence in himself to do his own repairs.

Although I have been a wrench my entire life I had never needed to do this job on ours. So the both of us armed with nothing more than the knowledge gained through this group dove in head first. It was enjoyable, easy and fun. And it got done for quite a bit less than what others quoted and it got done right.

Pam I will never give you my camera again.

BrianE
07-24-2008, 11:32 PM
I guess coveralls were out of the question in Chicago's July. Way to go you guys.

garyde
07-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Joe, your the man! Great job.

sawdust_128
07-25-2008, 02:43 AM
Joe: those pictures are proof beyond question that you da man!! All that work and you never even changed out of your house slippers. I am truly amazed.

lloyd: is it true that your next repair will be done in slippers??

JIM CHALOUPKA
07-25-2008, 05:55 AM
Great job Joe, and Lloyd.

How ever did you raise the bus on gravel and grass?

Lloyd, try to finish your tale of short studs.

JIM

jello_jeep
07-25-2008, 07:12 AM
I am confident I don't want to even hear the epilogue to that! :confused:

Lloyd, try to finish your tale of short studs.

JIM

Joe Cannarozzi
07-25-2008, 07:13 AM
Jim although grass is comming back that is where we put our bus. The topsoil was removed and there is 10 or 12 inches of CA-6 (road mix) down there, very solid.

On the short studs prevo told him he was good to go. I agree my fronts are the same way, they are long enough.

Warren you ever figure out that trlr mule????????? Am I gonna have to fly out there to show you how it works.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-25-2008, 07:53 AM
It is apparent our membership standards need some review. Are we sure we want to let folks that look like that into POG?

Not too many months ago Lloyd didn't own a bus, and he sure did not know how to repair one. Look at him now. He is not alone. Among POG members there are now dozens that have tackled both small and large repairs. This group is surely becoming a hands-on collection of experts.

jello_jeep
07-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Hop the jet Joe! I'll fix ya a nice dish o' mannicott!

Jim although grass is comming back that is where we put our bus. The topsoil was removed and there is 10 or 12 inches of CA-6 (road mix) down there, very solid.

On the short studs prevo told him he was good to go. I agree my fronts are the same way, they are long enough.

Warren you ever figure out that trlr mule????????? Am I gonna have to fly out there to show you how it works.

phorner
07-25-2008, 08:41 AM
Great job guys! Wish I could have shared the experience with ya...

truk4u
07-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Great job Joe and Tully, that's what POG is all about!;)

dalej
07-25-2008, 09:03 AM
It sure looked like a fun project, looks like you had a good time with it.

Joe are you starting to feel like a Prevost service center? Didn't you have another bus in there?

merle&louise
07-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Hey Joe,

Do you work on Newells? I would really like to learn.:D

dalej
07-25-2008, 09:59 AM
I would like to nominate Joe and Lloyd as the official POG poster boys :) and use the standing photo.

BrianE
07-25-2008, 10:03 AM
I second the nomination!

JIM CHALOUPKA
07-25-2008, 11:24 AM
After you guys got all pumped up, you achieved a new high. :rolleyes::D

Ray Davis
07-25-2008, 01:59 PM
I just have to wonder. Would you ever see such a wonderful shot from a group of PP members getting together? Nah! :D

Ray

Joe Cannarozzi
07-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Dale I was in the process of doing some stuff on a plastic camper that I put to the side for Pam and Lloyd. Last bus in that spot was ours.

Just today got a job possibly doing a 1958 Crown 36ftr that a fellow from Florida is picking up on the west cost and driving to me.

6-71 with a blower, a 5 speed manual trans (non-synchronized) with a 2-speed rear end.:eek: