PDA

View Full Version : Need SS Axle Bucket W/ Large Wing Nut

hhoppe
07-21-2008, 08:49 PM
During the confusion of being trailered in to the repair shop for axle repairs and the shop doing the work, a bucket that covers the drive axle hub turned up missing. We are still searching but so far no luck. If any one of you that has changed wheels or wheel covers has a take off of this type of axle bucket and winged spinner and have it as a spare part I would be very grateful to hear from you. 530-273-9124. The whole event has been a nightmare.:eek:

garyde
07-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Hi Harry. What 3rd world country did you say you were having work done by?
I think its about time your attorney had a little talk with these folks.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-22-2008, 07:28 AM
See if that is what you need, Harry.

http://www.realwheels.com/centermount.html

hhoppe
07-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks Jon that site appears to have the bucket I'm looking for. You are right about taking them to court, but I will be happy to get away from them and stay away. My next project is repairing a crack in the painted fiberglass wheel trim they evidently crashed into and cracked through the paint. It's sad that other Prevost owners are still having work done by Smith Power Products Inc. with shops in Sparks,NV and Salt Lake City, UT. That coach was in pristeen condition before they laid there paws on it. It will be returned to that same condition when I get done with repairing it.

Will Garner
07-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Harry,

Sorry to hear you lost your bucket. I lost mine once on the traffic attenuator at the toll booth on the West Virginia Turnpike.

Anyway, I went through Realwheels to get a replacement. Bjorn Cannon was my sales contact. I say that since we had several parts shipments back and forth. The biggest problem was with the parts attaching to the hub. The one they sent did not clear the hub oil cover and did not have enough side clearance to bolt to the hub. I finally wound up with a set of attachment hardware that I took to a local machine shop and had them do some work so I could complete the installation. I will say they were very accomodating in that I ordered just one initially and was sent two of everything. I sent back the wrong stuff and got a new set of two. I took one and had the machining done and sent the other back. I think their products are geared to heavy trucks and not Prevost buses.

Here is my last correspondence with Realwheels so you get a flavor of what I had to go through.

Will,

Quick update for you. The center studs shipped out yesterday. The tracking number is as follows:

1Z3E48900300548107.

I hope everything finally works out for you. Please call me directly right away if these do not work on my cell, and I will take care if it next day.

Thanks, all the best with your travels!

Bjorn C.

Cell: 847-209-3882.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2008 11:40 AM
To: Bjorn Cannon
Cc: Carole Garner
Subject: Almost There

Bjorn,

Good Afternoon.

I now wish I had waited to return those other parts. Since I have not heard from you I have taken it on my own to get the correct length bolts and have two correct length spacers made. I also had a machine shop enlarge the slots in the adjustable center brackets so everything fit together.

Now just this morning I go to mount the hub cover. I am really pumped the project is finally coming together. Then once again I am smacked down by it. The Female End Center stud is not long enough to outside the hub cover.

What I now need form you, and I need it NOW, is that longer Female End Center Stud that was included with the original shipment. I am begging you to please find one and send it to me ASAP. I need it to get back on the road.

Hope all is going well with you. You no longer need to look for anything other than that longer center stud.

Sincerely,

W. C. "Will" Garner, Jr.
325 Country Club Drive
Southern Pines, NC 28387-6501
(910) 690-5631 (Mobile)
(910) 692-8891 (Land Line)

Darl-Wilson
07-22-2008, 08:47 PM
It's sad that other Prevost owners are still having work done by Smith Power Products Inc. with shops in Sparks,NV and Salt Lake City, UT. That coach was in pristeen condition before they laid there paws on it. It will be returned to that same condition when I get done with repairing it.

I am through with these guys too. I was there when Harry's bus came off of the tow vehicle at Smith's. These folks are incompetent at best. My coach was serviced there just before Harry's and they left the filler cap off the engine oil filler. I has asked them to clean the gen compartment intake filter since I was having some overheating problems. They said it was pretty clean but they blew some air on the filter and replaced it. Imagine my surprise when I removed the filter a couple of weeks ago and found it filthy and almost plugged with dirt. The good thing is my gen performed flawlessly in the 116 degree weather in Redding, CA right after that incident. All I can say is to stay away from this company when visiting Reno!