PDA

View Full Version : La Hacienda RV Park

Gary & Peggy Stevens
07-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Here is a very nice, and New park in the Austin Tx., Lake Travis area.

It is called La Hacienda RV Park. I believe they have over 250 new, crushed gravel full hook up sites, and asphalt paved roads through out the campground. New meeting facilities, work out area and great BBQ cooking cookers behind the gourmet kitchen.

I say new, cause they just filled up the new pools with water when we were there yesterday.

Peg and I were there Saturday, and had a great time. If you are interested, click on this link to go to the pictures I took of the park. I think it would make a great place for POG VIII in 2009. What say you Jim S. ?

Sorry about the incorret LInk. Thanks Ray for correcting it.

Ray Davis
07-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Gary, the link above didn't go to the correct location.

Everyone, please try this link intead.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gstevens51/LaHaciendaRVResortAustinTX?authkey=GeTQDVt9vDc

ps: Yes, they look the same, but they aren't! :)

Gary & Peggy Stevens
07-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks Ray for correcting my link to La Hacienda RV Park.

Gary S.

Ray Davis
07-21-2008, 05:52 PM
It looks like it will ultimately be a nice place. At first view, I thought it wasn't open yet, but then I saw the slide of your coach, and others in the background. I guess recently opened may be more correct?

I will admit, I am spoiled by Kerrville. I know it probably costs a lot more, but it seems like short-sightedness to put in a nice new park like this, and then have gravel pads, rather than concrete.

Ray

merle&louise
07-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Gary,

This is a beautiful park, but I have to agree with Ray the gravel sites are a turn off. The La Hacinda RV resort in Las Cruses, NM has gravel sites with asphalt roads. I guess this park is owned by the same people. The meeting rooms are nice, the pool is beautiful, and the park has a picturesque setting.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
07-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Ray and Tuga, I understand about the gravel pad sites, but I guess Ken Butschek the owner was trying to keep the rustic natural look of the Texas Hill Country of Austin ? Did you notice the large cut blocks of Limestone that make up the entrance walls. They were cut and dug out of the place on the front where Lake Butschek is going to be. ( The owners Last Name )

He doesn't own the Las Cruces Hacienda.

The sections of the park I was taking pictures of are the brand new sections that is being opened a little at a time right now. When you go to their web site, http://www.lahaciendarvpark.com/layout.htm you can see the older section on the right hand side of the large park map with the circle road.

All of the map sections to the left are showing the brand new pads, and all hook ups.

I am not trying to sell anything, just pointing out another great RV Park for everyone to try if they are in the Austin Area.

Peg and I enjoyed it, AND NO ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS.... Yippppeee !

Gary S.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-16-2009, 05:22 PM
We are planning on staying at La Hacienda RV Resort Park, during the July 4th, 2009 Holiday. We plan on driving up Thursday night the 2nd and staying thru Sunday. Currently our friends Kevin and Sheila and us are in C40 & C41.

If you are interested in a nice resort in the Hill Country consider joining us.

The Margarittas will be flowing.

Call the resort to make your own arrangements and let us know you will be joining us. http://www.lahaciendarvpark.com/

Gary S.

merle&louise
04-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Gary,

We are having a NewellClassic mini rally there starting this weekend; April 19-23. We only have 15 coaches attending (its our first rally) and we are really looking forward to staying at LaHacienda.

We will try to join you in July if the dates work out.:D

GDeen
04-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Gary,

We are having a NewellClassic mini rally there starting this weekend; April 19-23. We only have 15 coaches attending (its our first rally) and we are really looking forward to staying at LaHacienda.

We will try to join you in July if the dates work out.:D

Tuga - I need to come check you guys out this weekend - only about 10 minutes from my house. Unfortunately the lake is way down from Gary's pics from last summer.

merle&louise
04-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Gordon,

Look forward to meeting you. We will arrive Sunday afternoon about 6PM. My Newell is white with black, gold, & silver accents. I'm not sure which site we'll be in. My cell is 985 381 6613, give me a call.:D

GDeen
04-16-2009, 06:54 PM
See you then - look forward to it!

Pete
04-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Tuga & Karen
If you are coming on friday, we would love to fix steaks on friday evening, and have you over night with us. We have 50 amp, and water, and are only 1 mile off of I-10 at exit 718. (50 miles west of Houston)

We are about 2 1/2 hour drive from Austin.

Gary, If we can get the 4th clear we may join you guys.

merle&louise
04-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Pete,

Thank you and EJ for the gracious invitation, but we have a commitment on Saturday night and that will cause us to leave home on Sunday morning for the drive to Austin. Otherwise, we would love to visit with you guys.

We are in the middle of selling our house and buying a new one. We hope to close on the new house around May 1st so we have a ton of stuff to pack up and move. Not to mention changing utilities etc.

Our Newell rally is April 19-23 so we will have to beat it back home to finish all of the details envolved with moving.

Thanks again, we would love to have a rain check!:D

Pete
04-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Sorry we can't connect, we would really enjoy seeing you. We will be heading west on I-10 on the 23rd, so will probably see you heading east.

Please keep us in mind the next time you are passing this way.
Good luck with the house deal.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-29-2009, 10:03 AM
Just following up on anybody's plans to be at La Hacienda RV Resort for the July 4th Weekend?

Peg, Ebonie and I, along with Kevin and Sheila Ford will be leaving the Sugar Land area around 10:00 am Thursday morning, heading to La Hacienda.

We are in sites C40 & C41 currently. :)

Look us up if you are able to make it sometime this weekend. Be prepared it is going to be HOT !

Hope everyone has an enjoyable 4th of July. You guys heading to Buckhorn for the weekend enjoy yourselves too ! :)

Gary S.