PDA

View Full Version : Chula Vista

flyu2there
07-18-2008, 08:23 PM
I know our East Coast brethren will think I am speaking "Spanglish", however whats about a small time rally in lovely Chula Vista in August......Great weather, close to the Mexican border...hey, what the hay, could be fun!! I am thinking about a red pork seminar...common Jeep, chime in. We also need Veggie man!!

Lets make it happen!

John

Ray Davis
07-18-2008, 08:30 PM
I wish I still had a coach. Chula Vista is one of our favorite local resorts. It was the last place I visited, prior to the fire.

ray

flyu2there
07-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Ray,

Spot on..a great place. Lotsa stuff nearby, great weather and very nice....no gravel here. I am trying to talk Warren into a Red Pork Seminar!

John

jello_jeep
07-18-2008, 11:04 PM
I can do the weekend of the 9th or 16th, past that we are booked!

Lets do it..

Gary D?

Randy & Sharon?

Anyone else in the area??

garyde
07-18-2008, 11:13 PM
We will be in Oregon in August, and maybe a while in Idaho. sounds like a good idea though, hopefully we will catch you on the next one.

flyu2there
07-23-2008, 06:11 PM
9th of August it is Jeepster. Friday thru Sunday...lotsa stuff in Chula Vista! Where are you Ken? What's about you Senor Baker? And, you Reno and Nor Cal guys...hey its a day's drive....almost forgot Sid, the cow guy......c'mon down. Jeepster will do his famous RED PORK!! Ken we need the Margarita MACHINE! Randy and Sharon...chime in! You too Beve Stennet...you and Rhonda would be a plus!!

John

Ray Davis
07-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Ken Z is currently on a cruise over in Europe. I believe he's due back fairly sson, but I think within the week he heads off for several weeks on the road, culminating at Spearfish in September.

I hate to "put words in his mouth", but I believe that's the schedule he gave me prior to his departure for the cruise.

Normally Mike S. or I would have been happy to come along, but we're both busless at the moment.

Hopefully some more will be able to join.

Ray

jello_jeep
07-24-2008, 11:20 PM
For what its worth, we are going to Pechanga, as Chulawana is all booked on the weekends through the summer!

Flyboy, do you want me to get three spots in a row if possible? Do we know Gary B is for sure ??

mikedee
07-25-2008, 12:28 AM
The Clark's will be in Hot-Lanta, GA Aug. 9 so will not be able to attend.

We were at Pechanga, nite before last and found it totally deserted. We were a late arrival so security (all 4 of them) had to check us in, drivers license required, and unlock sewer, and power. Payment was made at 8 am sharp (no exceptions) and were shocked to find rates at $45 per night. Entrance into the park has been detoured behind the convenance store, which was an easy access. The grounds are still well kept and they do have great meeting locations. The weather was gorgeous which makes me doubly sad we can't spend it with our fun-loving (crazy) POGies.

Dee

Sid Tuls
07-25-2008, 12:52 AM
Mike,just by chance were you @ prevost-Mira Loma on Tuesday nite putting in a new windshield???

Sid Tuls
2007 Thompson XL11 D/S

jello_jeep
07-25-2008, 07:08 AM
Sid, this rumor is true, it was Mad Mike & Delirious Dee Clark at PVML getting new bug deflectors.

We had the pleasure of their company one night while they were around.

I had just purchased a new wheel barrow, which was a good thing as Dee consumed 9 or 10 bottles of vino all by herself with a vodka Martini in between each. We watched in horror. Mad Mike & I along with the good ship Kelly Jo had to wheel her out to the Hummer on their departure. Dusty was even mad as he was displaced from his comfy bed in back. Poor critter was just looking at her and shaking his head slowly back and forth (mommy is sick AGAIN today).

Mike later confided in us that this was also linked to the windshield repair, as the night before he had to apply hard brakes to avoid a VW Micro-bus full of draft dodging hippy types (1 each). Dee's Martini glass flew from her hand shattering the passenger window, and the olive fork took out the driver's side as it whizzed right by Mike's ear. A close call indeed.

I don't think they are really going to Ga, I think they are on their way to the Betty Ford Clinic. :eek: :p :D

Warning....
Parts of this message may have been fabricated for the non-commercial amusement of others.....

JIM CHALOUPKA
07-25-2008, 07:26 AM
The wheel barrow wasn't new. :D:D:D

Jon Wehrenberg
07-25-2008, 07:58 AM
I know Dee (Dorinda) Clark and I believe every word coming out of your lying mouth. I'm telling you folks our membership standards are slipping.

(Somehow I have a feeling at Spearfish she is going to make me pay for those remarks. Bring it on, Dorinda)

jello_jeep
07-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Jon, tnx for pointing that out, I somehow forgot her request that we address her by her formal name DORINDA, my apologies indeed.

When they visit Tijuana she prefers DORITO :). Funny thing, I hear Corona Kelly likes Doritos too! mmm...

flyu2there
07-25-2008, 08:43 AM
For what its worth, we are going to Pechanga, as Chulawana is all booked on the weekends through the summer!

Flyboy, do you want me to get three spots in a row if possible? Do we know Gary B is for sure ??

Jeepster,

I think we will have to book Temecula soon, they told me that the Oklahoma State Cheerleaders are having their annual reunion in mid August. Chimmichunga sent me this pic of last years reunion and the dinning room and dance floor gets...well lets just say, a bit crowded!!

truk4u
07-25-2008, 08:53 AM
Hey Fly Dude, I did notice the kind of orange stools!:p

Jdub must be proud.....

jello_jeep
07-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Man with white stocking cap crushed by shaky puddin, news @ 11

jello_jeep
07-25-2008, 08:55 AM
Looking at that caboose, I don't think I want to see a post with the word "stool" in it! :eek:

Jdub must be proud.....

flyu2there
07-25-2008, 09:11 AM

Jdub must be proud.....

I thought you guys were in Oshkosh, sleeping on the ground :D

Steve Bennett
07-25-2008, 11:25 AM
I wish we could make it down to Chula, unfortunately we will be up in Mammoth Lakes until 8/10. We miss the pleasure of watching our POG brethren stumble & stammer, but are trying to make Spearfish to catch up.

jello_jeep
07-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Let me get this right Steve, we are supposed to feel sorry for you, having to stay in Mammoth Lakes... Ok got it :)

We will be @ June for the first two weeks of Sept. If you are in the neighborhood.

flyu2there
07-25-2008, 04:12 PM
I wish we could make it down to Chula, unfortunately we will be up in Mammoth Lakes until 8/10. We miss the pleasure of watching our POG brethren stumble & stammer, but are trying to make Spearfish to catch up.

The RV business must be a hellava lot better than the airplane biz! Steve, strike you one super deal on a new twin DA-42...cruises at 180 knots on 13 gallons of jet fuel per hour. You and three of you closest friends can be anywhere in a few hours...none of that Bonanza/210 stuff!!

flyu2there
07-27-2008, 09:26 AM
Jeepster,

I understand they are having illegal drag races in Temecula all through August...will this be a problem, especially when one considers the OSU Cheerleader annual reunion. Here's a pic from the drag races in Temecula last year. :p

jello_jeep
07-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Fly boy, you are truly a sick individual. I guess that is why we like you.

I am starting to wonder where you so easily come up with pictures like this though? Too many nights sharing cheap motel rooms with your right seat? :confused:

You should have invited the stews to the party more often :D

Jon Wehrenberg
07-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Jeepster....go buy a cheap scanner and listen to the aircraft frequencies. Big bad John's right seat may have been the other gender. Pretty common nowadays.