PDA

View Full Version : Bus'N USA Rally

Dave-B
07-17-2008, 12:43 AM
This year's 5th annual Bus'n USA rally was another great one. The seminars, lady's classes, entertainment, commercial displays and the food were great! We enjoyed a private tour of Marathon Coach, warm weather, root beer floats, belly dancing lessons, and an evening fire pit. The Saturday night Prime Rib by Joe Melroy was exceptionally good. I think some come to the rally just for Joe's food - it's that good! There were 23 Prevosts in attendance, more than any other make. If you missed this year's rally be sure to come next year. The dates are June 24-28, 2009 at the same place.

Gary LaBombard has again made space available for some pictures of this year's rally. There are three folders with about 30 photos in each one. There are also photos of other bus rallys and events in his other folders. The address is http://community.webshots.com/user/converter101?start=0. Additional (better) pictures including pictures of the events will soon be posted on the official Bus'n USA web site at http://www.busnusa.com/index.html. Highlights of past rallys and a Bus'n USA Chapter membership application are also available at this site.

BrianE
07-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Dave,
Welcome to POG. Don't know if you're an "out of the closet" lurker or if you've been around for awhile. In any event it's good to hear from another Nor'wester. My wife and I have attended the Bus'n USA Rallys for several years, have enjoyed attending and were sorry to miss this years' event. I made a pitch for POG last year at the rally but suspect the distances involved with attending past POG rallys discouraged many of our west coast bus nuts from joining. Hopefully we will see some new west coast faces at the coming fall rally in Spearfish, ND. As always it's good to hear from a new voice. Hope you continue to share your knowledge and/or challenge the brain trust with your questions.

truk4u
07-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Ah, excuse me Mole Boy, but since you have corrected me in the past, Spearfish is in SD.:D

BrianE
07-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Sorry Tom, Sometimes I get a little disoriented....Too many slow rolls. :p

Dave-B
07-18-2008, 01:02 AM
Brian,
Thanks for the welcome. I just joined and I remember you from last year at the Bus'n rally where we talked about POG. Sorry that you couldn't make it again this year - Prevosts were in the majority! If things work out we will be at the Spearfish rally which, fortunately, is on the way to Niagara Falls where my co-pilot wants to celebrate our anniversary this year.

Darl-Wilson
07-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Sure wish I had known about your group earlier. My best friend lives in Salem and two of my kids and their families live in Corvallis. I noticed you have a member from Sumner, WA and I used to live there. It looks like Rickreall is a little way from your home but closer than Reno.

Do you know where the Bus'n USA convention will be held next year? Looks like a great group. If it's good enough for the Mole Man it's good enough for us. Oh Brian, were those slow rolls in your tunnel or elsewhere?

Anyway Dave, welcome to this goofy group and please keep us up to date with the other Rally. And join us in Spearfish, Wyoming, Nebraska, or somewhere up there. Truk?

Darl

Dave-B
07-31-2008, 02:13 AM
Darl,

The board had suggested moving the rally to a different location but the members overwhelmingly voted to keep it at Rickerall next year. I have had the pleasure of attending all five of the rallys. I came in a trailer for the first three while I was rebuilding an Eagle bus conversion but for the last two we had the Prevost. It has been worth the drive each time.

Dave

BrianE
07-31-2008, 01:46 PM
Darl, Judging from the date of your post, this one got away from me... The folks in Sumner you were referring to may be the Lewis Family. They own Infinity Coach Co. and specialize in restoring Eagle Buses. I have had them do some work on our bus however and they did a first class job. As to the slow roll business, too many of them tend to scramble the brain. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Some of our aviators might need to find other excuses. :D