PDA

View Full Version : Remote control mirrors

wrongagain
07-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Well, they used to work.
Those little knobs on the dash that control your mirrors, no longer control my mirrors.
Not that I'm adjusting my mirrors everyday just for the sport of it, but since they are there I would like to bring them to life once again.
Is there a fuse or some other secret thing to check only know to a chosen few.
I really dont want to crack open my dash for a "look see" if someone here can direct me to a simpler solution.
Thanks in advance.

Larry W
07-16-2008, 08:41 AM
Ed
There is a breaker for the mirrors on my coach. It is in the front electrical panel, # 117, 8 amp. If both mirrors quit at the same time I would suspect the breaker. I had to replace both mirror switches on my bus. (One the knob broke off and the other adjusted both the top and bottom mirror at the same time. I found I could remove the switches using a small screwdriver to gently pry the switches out of the dash. There are a bunch of wires on the back of the switches and they are individually attached. I drew out how they were attached before removing any of them.
The knobs on the new switches from Prevost seem much better made than the swtiches I replaced.

wrongagain
07-16-2008, 11:35 AM
thanks, that did it.

07-19-2008, 11:58 AM
I was leaving out of Campobello island NB the other day, it was raining and cool out, could not see in the rear view mirrors, foggy, so I turned on for the first time the mirror heat, hoping it would work, worked great. Question. There must be a fuse for this in the same area.

Larry W
07-19-2008, 10:20 PM
The mirror heat and the power adjustment are on the same breaker.

07-20-2008, 08:33 AM
The mirror heat and the power adjustment are on the same breaker.
Thanks Larry, It is interesting when you have never turned on an option, and when you do for the first time it works, when you cannot see anything from your mirrors I get a little nervous.