PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!

badebord
07-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Just signed up for the forum today and I am very excited to start browsing through all the invaluable information that appears to be on this great looking forum. I don't currently own a Prevost....yet. However, I am doing my homework and hope to be a proud owner sometime in the near future. I live down here in the Houston area (just east of Willis) and from my initial looking around the forum it looks like there might be other members close by. I've been aware of this forum for awhile from surfing the internet and today I joined thinking this must be where the Prevost action is at (internet-wise that is). In just a few minutes of looking around after signing up, I knew I came to right place. Glad to be here and look forward to interacting with all of you.

Brian DeBord

Joe Cannarozzi
07-12-2008, 04:36 PM
O/K all you sellers get after it.:p

Welcome aboard, you will not regret your decision.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
07-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Brian, there are about 4 current members that live around the Houston area very close to you.

Several of us are real nice guys and wouldn't dream of doing or saying anything bad about a newbie like you, and then there are others you JUST got to watch out for.... But that is all I am going to say. :confused: :eek:

You did the right thing coming to this forum before buying anything. There is so much valuable information posted here, it will take a long time to go through all of it, but you owe it to yourself to do just that.

Get a foundation for the type of bus you want, (XL, XLII, H3) how much you want to spend, and then LET THE FUN BEGIN.

ALL the guys here are really great. Be sure and make it to one of our rallies, especially before you buy something. Then pick their brains about everything.

Gary S.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Welcome to the asylum. This is the place to ask for advice on buying a bus. We all love to spend someone else's money, or at least tell them how to spend their own.

Even if you do not yet own a bus try to hook up with any or all of the cast of characters here for your Prevost education. What type bus (XL. XLII, H3) and what converters are you focusing on or is it too early for that?

hhoppe
07-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Hey! Sounds like you H.Texas boys are do for a ya'll come Bar b Que to welcome the new Poggers to your area. I volunteer JDUB to furnish all the fixings. BrianD there is a group headed to Kerrville TX for a labor day outing, maybe you could rangle an invte for a visit and tire kicking. If they won't feed you there's a helluva german Resturant in town. Welcome aboard your gonna enjoy the ride.

Jerry Winchester
07-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Yep Brian, the Prevost internet action is indeed here and there is more information on this board than you can possibly need, so enjoy pouring thru it.

I remember reading all the Prevost Stuff threads before we bought our coach and it was a great tutorial.

And there are plenty of Prevost owners in the Houston area and all the Prevost service people in the are know Loc and Gary by their first names. You'll find out that Loc doesn't pay to store his coach as it either stays at Stewart & Stevenson or Birdland Coach on alternate weeks having Fat Beagle damage repaired.

Welcome and good luck.

JDUB

* And we are not above having fun at the expense of others......

tdelorme
07-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Welcome to the sewing machine forum, Brian. Great to have new Texans on board. Gary is right about being a nice guy and his parole officer hopes it stays that way. The only member in your area that you need to keep an eye on is a Fireman from Oklahoma who does restaurant reviews for Mad Magazine. Loc is an Aggie but as long as he takes his meds it doesn't show. Hector lives the good life up on Lake Livingston and is so tied up building a new bus barn he won't be around to welcome you for a few days.
Do what Harry recommends and come to Kerville over Labor Day weekend. If you don't have a coach, Buckhorne has a few nice cabins. Call Buckhorne and tell um your a friend of Locs and they will get you fixed up.

lewpopp
07-12-2008, 10:15 PM
I remember the good ole days when all we had to communicate with is the Prevost-Stuff when JDUB was a normal guy and easy to get along with and I helped him do some stupid things he knew nothing about. So did every one else. Not he's a friggin know it all with a big fancy bus and acts like he belongs to the PPs. Be careful of those guys in and around Houston, they are really generous and learning disabled.

badebord
07-12-2008, 10:29 PM
O/K all you sellers get after it.:p

Welcome aboard, you will not regret your decision.

Thanks Joe!

badebord
07-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Brian, there are about 4 current members that live around the Houston area very close to you.

Several of us are real nice guys and wouldn't dream of doing or saying anything bad about a newbie like you, and then there are others you JUST got to watch out for.... But that is all I am going to say. :confused: :eek:

You did the right thing coming to this forum before buying anything. There is so much valuable information posted here, it will take a long time to go through all of it, but you owe it to yourself to do just that.

Get a foundation for the type of bus you want, (XL, XLII, H3) how much you want to spend, and then LET THE FUN BEGIN.

ALL the guys here are really great. Be sure and make it to one of our rallies, especially before you buy something. Then pick their brains about everything.

Gary S.

Thanks Gary for the advice. That's exactly what I'll do.

Brian

badebord
07-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the asylum. This is the place to ask for advice on buying a bus. We all love to spend someone else's money, or at least tell them how to spend their own.

Even if you do not yet own a bus try to hook up with any or all of the cast of characters here for your Prevost education. What type bus (XL. XLII, H3) and what converters are you focusing on or is it too early for that?

I'm in the process of figuring all that out Jon. For next few years, it will be my wife, 13 year old daughter and I traveling. I want a floor plan that keeps everyone happy, particularly in sleeping arrangements. So does that mean I need to look for something that has bunk(s)? That's one of my big questions I want figure out. I sure like the Libertys. I've got to work my way through a steep learning curve it looks like.

Brian

badebord
07-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Hey! Sounds like you H.Texas boys are do for a ya'll come Bar b Que to welcome the new Poggers to your area. I volunteer JDUB to furnish all the fixings. BrianD there is a group headed to Kerrville TX for a labor day outing, maybe you could rangle an invte for a visit and tire kicking. If they won't feed you there's a helluva german Resturant in town. Welcome aboard your gonna enjoy the ride.

Thanks Harry!

badebord
07-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Yep Brian, the Prevost internet action is indeed here and there is more information on this board than you can possibly need, so enjoy pouring thru it.

I remember reading all the Prevost Stuff threads before we bought our coach and it was a great tutorial.

And there are plenty of Prevost owners in the Houston area and all the Prevost service people in the are know Loc and Gary by their first names. You'll find out that Loc doesn't pay to store his coach as it either stays at Stewart & Stevenson or Birdland Coach on alternate weeks having Fat Beagle damage repaired.

Welcome and good luck.

JDUB

* And we are not above having fun at the expense of others......

All subject lines I've been reading today does look like a great tutorial. Since this is my first day on the forum, I just hope I can shut down the computer tonight to get some sleep. Thanks JDUB!

badebord
07-12-2008, 11:07 PM
Welcome to the sewing machine forum, Brian. Great to have new Texans on board. Gary is right about being a nice guy and his parole officer hopes it stays that way. The only member in your area that you need to keep an eye on is a Fireman from Oklahoma who does restaurant reviews for Mad Magazine. Loc is an Aggie but as long as he takes his meds it doesn't show. Hector lives the good life up on Lake Livingston and is so tied up building a new bus barn he won't be around to welcome you for a few days.
Do what Harry recommends and come to Kerville over Labor Day weekend. If you don't have a coach, Buckhorne has a few nice cabins. Call Buckhorne and tell um your a friend of Locs and they will get you fixed up.

LOL!!! That is too funny! Great to be on board. I'm originally from Nebraska, but don't tell that Fireman from OK. I'd hate to get sideways with him about those Sooners. I would love to come over to Kerrville. Been there a few times in past and love it over there.

Brian

Jon Wehrenberg
07-13-2008, 07:27 AM
Badebord,

I'll save you a lot of time so you can skip the research and just go to step two in the process and buy the coach.

For the three of you just get a Liberty with a private bath in the center of the coach. By closing the pocket doors the front area with a sofa for sleeping is then separated from the rear bedroom, and the toilet can be accessed from either end of the coach. That floor plan was popular from the mid to late 90's.

If you want a newer model coach seek out the floor plan that has the bath in the rear with access from the rear bedroom or the hallway.

Wasn't that easy?

Do you want help with colors?

MangoMike
07-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Welcome Badebord,

There's a good nickname in their somewhere. It will come in time, just ask Mel Torme.

You're looking to join the gang at the right time as it's really a buyers market out there, especially for Liberty's. So good luck in your search.

This group will be indispensible in not only your search, but also in helping you maintain your pride and joy down the road. You're mantra for joining will soon be "best $100 I've ever spent".

And as long as you like BBQ and weight challenged dogs, you will fit in well with the rest of the Houston bus guys.

Follow up on Jon's comments: Green is a very desireable bus color.

Have fun.

Mike

badebord
07-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks Mike! As long as there is good bbq around, you can call me whatever you like.

You did a great job with your website. It certainly conveys how much fun you all have including the how-to's". Motivates me even more.

Brian

hhoppe
07-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Them boys in Houston need to take a page outa the So Cal POGGERS book. Any Pogger new in town or just passing through gets a ya'll come party. I can't believe JDUB is still sitting on his hands during this opportunity with at least two fresh blood POGGERS to their area. Well maybe jdubs out here in CA helping with the fires, and thats a good thing.

Loc
07-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Brian,

Welcome to the board. We would love to have you join us in Kerrville for the Labor Day Fat Beagle Prevostpalooza. You will get a chance to talk bus smack and look at some buses. The group that is going is a good group (JDUB is busy and can't make it) and includes a couple of guys that have owned multiple buses. We have all gone through the same process of trying to decide about which type of bus and layout would be best for us.

Don't worry about JDUB you are already off to a good start with the Sooner comment. He really loves OU, but didn't have the academic background to get in so he went to school in Stillwater - Expect a flame job in your future. I am certain to receive a "bite me" comment for the previous comment.

Loc

JIM CHALOUPKA
07-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Welcome to the group Brian. Good luck in your search for the perfect bus, that doesn't exist! ;)

badebord
07-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Badebord,

For the three of you just get a Liberty with a private bath in the center of the coach. By closing the pocket doors the front area with a sofa for sleeping is then separated from the rear bedroom, and the toilet can be accessed from either end of the coach.

Do you want help with colors?

I like that idea because when it is just my wife and I, the floorplan will have longevity. I can imagine that making serious interior changeouts would be pretty complicated.

Brian,

Welcome to the board. We would love to have you join us in Kerrville for the Labor Day Fat Beagle Prevostpalooza. You will get a chance to talk bus smack and look at some buses. The group that is going is a good group (JDUB is busy and can't make it) and includes a couple of guys that have owned multiple buses. We have all gone through the same process of trying to decide about which type of bus and layout would be best for us.

Don't worry about JDUB you are already off to a good start with the Sooner comment. He really loves OU, but didn't have the academic background to get in so he went to school in Stillwater - Expect a flame job in your future. I am certain to receive a "bite me" comment for the previous comment.

Loc

Thanks Loc for the invite! It would be outstanding if we could come to Kerrville and introduce ourselves and get some expert advise.

I'll have to apologize to JDUB about the Sooner thing. I realized I jumped the gun when I noticed in one of his posts that the N-number on his Bonanza ends with 0SU. That was a dead giveaway that he's a Cowboy. I'll try to stay low when the flaming comes my way.

Welcome to the group Brian. Good luck in your search for the perfect bus, that doesn't exist! ;)

Thanks Jim! Right now they all look perfect. But in time I'll narrow it down to what will make the best fit for us.

hhoppe
07-13-2008, 06:43 PM
badeboard: Never ever ever apologise to JDUB it shows a sign of weakness. We have been working for years to convince him he is the weak one. We all must maintain our superior strength over the j man. Do not keep any flamables around and be alert for any sign of crape paper, his trademark.

Jerry Winchester
07-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Well there is at least one other Husker on this board. However, he rarely posts after last football season but we did manage to get this shot of him after the Oklahoma State game.

Harry,

You need to get back on your pills. There has been more BBQ consumed in Houston by POG members or passers by than all the meals served by the POG Left Coasters combined.

So far we have hit the Luling City Market, Pizzatola's, Houston BBQ Company, Goode Company BBQ, Lyndon's, Yo MaMa's and Hickory Hollow with the POG faithful as well as copious amounts of JDUB prepared BBQ at Hanger X-20, so I feel fairly vindicated.

And Loc hosts a rally every weekend here somewhere since his coach is nicer than his house, so that's hard to compete with. However, he is the only guy I know who will go to a great BBQ place and order chicken. What a eunuch.

Loc,

Big ole Fat Beagle Bite Me to you.

I know he won't respond because he has been in College Station all weekend. He was only there two days, but I think he was able to get a masters degree and hump the collie as well. Gotta love those Aggies.

Loc
07-14-2008, 09:31 AM
It doesn't really deserve a response.