PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Prevost!!

dmark1
07-10-2008, 09:05 PM
:D:D

Just bought a beautiful 2001 Prevost XLII and will take delivery Sunday! Couldn't be more ecstatic! The coach was built out by Featherlite and the
couple that designed it had exquisite taste! It is probably the prettiest coach
I have ever seen and now its mine!!

Hello to everyone - my name is Mark and I live in Dallas with my wife
Lorenda and my 3 children, Sabrina (11) Skylar (12) and David(3). WE are going to immediately take the coach to Yellowstone, Grand Canyon and Las Vegas returning to Dallas on Old 66!

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself!

Mark

Jerry Winchester
07-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Mark,

Welcome and congratulations. We have enjoyed being able to own two Prevost coaches (unfortunately both at the same time for a while) and have never been disappointed in the choice.

We get thru Dallas all the time since we live in Houston and our family is in Oklahoma, so we look forward to an opportunity to meet you and the crew. We also have kids, 15 and 9, so they are traveling fools.

Enjoy the trips and watch out for the numbnuts on this board. Most of them are in Iowa at a Kuntry Koach rally this week, so you chose a good time for the first post.

JDUB

dmark1
07-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Hi Jerry, saw some of your other posts. What kind of plane do you have? I have a 1970 Ted Smith Aerostar. I get down to Houston all the time(actually Galveston) as I own the Holiday Inn there.

Hello again

dmark1
07-10-2008, 09:49 PM
And and by the way, the coach I bought is the exact same year and model you have! Do you have slides? Mine does not...

Mark

Joe Cannarozzi
07-10-2008, 10:24 PM
UH OH........there is fresh meat in the water.:D

Mark tell us, have you been experiancing problems sleeping lately or having trouble concentrating? Hmmmmmmmm???????

We know, it's o/k., we understand :rolleyes:

Be aware that dogs around here are always provided first class treatment;)

dmark1
07-10-2008, 10:35 PM
UH OH........there is fresh meat in the water.:D

Mark tell us, have you been experiancing problems sleeping lately or having trouble concentrating? Hmmmmmmmm???????

We know, it's o/k., we understand :rolleyes:

Be aware that dogs around here are always provided first class treatment;)

GUILTY AS CHARGED!

truk4u
07-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Welcome aboard Mark, you have already been introduced to the Grand Turd Boy, so proceed with caution.:D Remember one thing, the Acme Truck makes a delivery to Houston weekly for the stocking of Jdub's bag of tricks and no one is exempt, even if your a Lonestar dude..;)

garyde
07-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Welcome to POG Mark. I can tell by your post you definately have the disease. You are in the right place. With constant posting , & the help of the group, we will be able to monitor and treat your ailment.
I'm sure you and your family will have a great time, sounds like a memorable trip.

dmark1
07-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Welcome to POG Mark. I can tell by your post you definately have the disease. You are in the right place. With constant posting , & the help of the group, we will be able to monitor and treat your ailment.
I'm sure you and your family will have a great time, sounds like a memorable trip.

Thank you Gary. The trip will be memorable one way or the other! I have never taken a 3 week trip with the kids and hope the coach does not add to my tension! While I have been around RV's 2 years (traded a brand new Winnebago Journey for this one Plus some) I have never been around a coach with so much complexity! I probably will be on this forum every night wherever I am staying to ask questions about what does what, so anyone with a vantare XLII coach please stand by!

Trying to get some sleep tonight....
Mark

Jerry Winchester
07-10-2008, 11:58 PM
Mark,

We do not have slides in our coach. We were looking for a 45' non-slide XLII with OTR and were about to punt when we found this Marathon. Or rather Kevin Erion found it and pointed it out to me.

I have a V35A Bonanza which has been much maligned on this board since it began. Both the Marathon and the Bonanza will be in attendence at AirVenture Oshkosh in a couple of weeks along with the Krakman's Sheepmobile and MangoMike's "AnotherMother", "Kickback" Ken R. and Newbie Wildman Brent.

JDUB

Sid Tuls
07-11-2008, 12:34 AM
Hey Mark, welcome to the great adventure. I'am also new to this Prevost life style and it's the best thing that I invested in a long time! I'll probaly hear that I've gone nuts but enjoying every minute of it!! When going to Vegas make sure you stay @ Outdoor Resorts it's great

Sid & Judy Tuls
2007 Thompson XL 45' 2Slides

Jon Wehrenberg
07-11-2008, 04:52 AM
Welcome to the asylum Mark. You will quickly learn if we do not know the answers to your questions, we will make something up.

Don't worry about the complexity of your new ride. Nothing ever breaks or needs maintenance. And especially don't worry about learning the systems. Most of us have buttons we have never pushed. What you do have to worry about is your proximity to JDUB.

Joe Cannarozzi
07-11-2008, 07:34 AM
A was wondering if a new forum titled 911 or maybe "THE POG channel 9" or something of that nature would be good?

Strictly for posts for problems out on the road when immediate response could be helpful.

If possible in addition to going up in new posts it could pop up to everyone who would be currently on the site the same way a private message does when we get them? Just a thought.

shookie
07-11-2008, 07:42 AM
hello mark...welcome...shookie (aka mark) here...anyway, if we had a real conversation talking about ourselves, it would go something like this....MARK...MARK...MARK...MARK...MARK...MARK... MARK...MARK...just like a dog with a hairlip...lol...later, shookie

Loc
07-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Welcome Mark. It is nice to have another Texan on the board. When you get a chance post some pictures. We all like to see machinery.

We are planning a little micro rally (Fat Beagle and Wild Kid Throwdown III) in Kerrville (at Buckhorn) for Labor Day weekend and would love to have you join us if you can.

rmboies
07-11-2008, 08:36 AM
:D:D
Hello to everyone - my name is Mark and I live in Dallas with my wife
Lorenda and my 3 children, Sabrina (11) Skylar (12) and David(3). Mark

Mark, Lorenda and kids, great to have you here! Some of us have been here since the beginning with POG 1 and have enjoyed watching this group grow, share info and most importantly , have fun!! If you can head to Kerrville to meet Loc and others over Labor Day you will not regret it--if only to meet the eagle beagle!!

Debi and Bob-05 (still '05, what's happened to him???)

phorner
07-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Welcome Mark and congratulations on your bus.

Don't give a second thought to the "complexity" of the bus. What could possibly go wrong with a Prevost? :eek:

Almost never happens...... Ask anybody.....:D

But, if that most rare of an occurance should happen, this is the place to get an answer.

Have fun and enjoy your travels.

Kevin Erion
07-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Mark, We are on our 4th summer with the family. Our 2nd bus, 01 Marathon XLII non-slide with bunks. 3 girls, 8,9 and 10. We have a great time enjoying our trips! We are hanging out at the OTR in Newport, Oregon with a beautiful view of the ocean, a life time of memories and it just keeps getting better!
Enjoy

Danss
07-11-2008, 12:35 PM
I to am on my second bus and still learning every time I venture out! I have used the great minds on this forum a number of times to solve problems even some in real time as I was on the road. I am on the Ms. Gulf coast so if you need help or advice while down this way give a call to 228-216-3706. Dan

jack14r
07-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Mark,Welcome,I could not sleep for weeks after I bought my first bus,the great thing is that the systems almost always have backups.The systems can sometimes be complicated until you understand them and all of the controls.You will have 2 trace 4000 watt inverters which I think are some of the best still today.You can really manage the incoming current,charging rate,etc.Good luck and you have come to the right place to have your questions answered.

dale farley
07-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Mark, Welcome to the POG. Paulette and I have been in Yellowstone since 10 May, and will be here until 5 September. We are working at the Lake General Store which is about two miles from Fishing Bridge. I posted some information under another thread about places to stay in the Yellowstone area that will accomodate a 45' bus.

We would enjoy meeting you and your family, so if you get a chance, come by and see us or give us a call, and maybe we can get together. We are off a few hours every day and every Saturday and Sunday. If I can be of any help to you, let me know. We are staying in the employee RV Park at Yellowstone Lake, and my phone number at our Prevost is 307-242-7428. Dale

dmark1
07-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Mark, Welcome to the POG. Paulette and I have been in Yellowstone since 10 May, and will be here until 5 September. We are working at the Lake General Store which is about two miles from Fishing Bridge. I posted some information under another thread about places to stay in the Yellowstone area that will accomodate a 45' bus.

We would enjoy meeting you and your family, so if you get a chance, come by and see us or give us a call, and maybe we can get together. We are off a few hours every day and every Saturday and Sunday. If I can be of any help to you, let me know. We are staying in the employee RV Park at Yellowstone Lake, and my phone number at our Prevost is 307-242-7428. Dale

Great ! I will be in Cody Wyoming on the 16th and will be going into Yellowstone from there. Where do you suggest I stay? Mammouth? Where is the best views/RV park that will accomodate my new baby?

Thanks

Mark

dmark1
07-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Welcome Mark. It is nice to have another Texan on the board. When you get a chance post some pictures. We all like to see machinery.

We are planning a little micro rally (Fat Beagle and Wild Kid Throwdown III) in Kerrville (at Buckhorn) for Labor Day weekend and would love to have you join us if you can.

I would love to! I will see if it can fit into my schedule since I am leaving for 3 weeks tomorrow on my first adventure in my coach!

I will try to make it since my wife and I love Fredericksburg.

See you soon

Mark

dale farley
07-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Mark, Sorry I haven't responded sooner. We've been out hiking all day. You can drive the Prevost in most places in Yellowstone, and there are many places to park while touring, but campsites are rather limited.

I called the information desk in West Yellowstone and got the name and phone #'s of 4 parks that can accomodate a 45' coach with a tow vehicle. These two are in town: Grizzly RV Park, 406-646-4466 and Rustic Wagon RV, 406-646-7387. These two are on the outskirts: Yellowstone Holiday RV, 877-646-4242 and Kirkwood Resort, 877-302-7200. There are probably some in Mammouth also, but I don't know the names. Have a safe trip. Dale

Darl-Wilson
07-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Welcome Mark and family. We were at West Yellowstone last year with adult children and a few grandkids. The most popular RV park there is the Grizzly. They have several activities for kids, both on-site and off-site but nearby. There is a museum about two blocks away that is worth a look and also an animal park that has several of the animals like those found inside Yellowstone.

Dale and Paulette work and live a little over an hour from this location.

I hope you have a great time like we did.:cool:

Darl

PS: Watch out for JDUB, he will butter you up, talk flying and fires but the next thing you know you will be on the receiving end of a "Bite Me":eek:

Jerry Winchester
07-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Man Darl, that was way harsh. I think the ACME truck is about to make a visit to your house.

Oh, two cannibals were eating a clown one day when one of them said, "Hey does this taste funny?"

Badda boom.

jonnie
07-13-2008, 05:30 PM
JDUB,

Great stuff! Do you think this up all by yourself or do you employ a staff of writers to keep us all entertained? Either or I enjoy the trip.

Darl-Wilson
07-13-2008, 06:15 PM
I should have known better than to throw gas on the JDUB fire. Jonnie, did you really think that was funny or are you just buttering up the clown for the canibal? Might not be a bad idea to deposit some goodwill before you attend a rally. You might avoid a scene like this:

http://geekteam.dreamhosters.com/SlideShowImages/13771.jpg

jonnie
07-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Darl,

Been there and done that as far as JDUB and his partner are concerned. You are probably right on buttering up. I just ain't smart enough or quick enough to keep up with these guys, so I just have to carry their water and try to be condescending and avoid the crepe paper. In my case it was aluminum foil. On the other hand shit happens and we all have to watch our backs!

dmark1
07-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Man Darl, that was way harsh. I think the ACME truck is about to make a visit to your house.

Oh, two cannibals were eating a clown one day when one of them said, "Hey does this taste funny?"

Badda boom.

Thank you, Thank you, we'll be here all week and don't forget to tip
your waitresses! Crash:p

MangoMike
07-14-2008, 12:26 AM
Jonnie,

We miss your shine.

mm

jonnie
07-14-2008, 09:04 AM
MM,

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. It proves that Nancy and I have passed the test and been awarded the Oder of POG for meritorious service above and beyond the call of duty. It was touch and go for awhile but we percerviered.

Jonnie

Jon Wehrenberg
07-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Johnnie,

They want you around because you may have the only coach whose glued-on sides are still glued on and they want to know the secret.

Any Prevost engineers been snooping around your coach lately?