PDA

View Full Version : CC Rally Update for you Liberty Owners

truk4u
07-09-2008, 11:29 AM
OK, the Poggers are here and we will have an official mini POG dinner tonight, assuming Mango gets the cash here in time.

Here's the latest new innovation from CC called the Veranda:

This bad boy can be yours for only 827K.

Each CC model has this option from the 300 to the 700

Happy as A1 at a raw oyster bar

Gary & Peggy Stevens
07-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Very cool Tom...... But what does a Veranda do EXACTLY ? :confused: :)

But I'll bet it's NOT available in a Bus Format ?

Gary S.

Jerry Winchester
07-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Gary,

Can't you see that the "Veranda" allows the Rednecks to sit outside and drink beer whilst ogling the local chicks.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
07-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Oh I see, kinda like a piKniK table, only no place to sit. ? ;)

Gary S.

Alek&Lucia
07-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Interesting , looks like auctioneer trailer or DJ booth ;)

Ray Davis
07-09-2008, 01:49 PM
What in the world does that look like when the veranda is closed, on the inside?

truk4u
07-09-2008, 05:49 PM
It looks like this Ray..

Gary - It's an outside patio complete with flat screen TV and measures 4.5' X 13.0', 58 square feet and has a capacity of 3,000 lbs., but won't hold Jdub and his Orange buddies after Barbeque. When open, huge sliding glass doors can separate the inside of the coach from the patio/deck. All the CC models from 43 - 45' except Prevost can be purchased with this option. CC's prediction is that in 5 years, 50% of coaches will be sold with the Veranda.

Here's Ms Truk doing her chicken imitation (she hasn't seen this):eek:

merle&louise
07-09-2008, 05:49 PM
It looks like an INDOOR veranda:D

phorner
07-09-2008, 07:41 PM
There's very little inside storage and, did you notice how convenient the storage bays are to open with the veranda open?

Cool idea, but in my opinion, it's for tail-gating parties and air shows....

Jerry Winchester
07-09-2008, 08:06 PM
I think Country Coach is on crack. Who would want to saw a hole in the side of their coach to sit outside when you can just walk out the door and sit under the awning with a TV in your bay?

It's like you wanted a coach so you didn't have to camp outside in a tent then you open a hole up so you can get the outside back inside.

Reminds me of the gal that took her new watch in to the jeweler to have the battery changed. The jewelers says, "Hey this watch doesn't have a battery, you just need to wind it" to which the gal says, "What? A watch that doesn't need batteries? What will they think of next?"

Ray Davis
07-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Truk,

Thanks for the picture. What I'm really interested is is what does it look like on the inside of the coach, when it's not extended. I assume this kind of takes the place of a normal slide, so this stuff must be visible in the coach when it's inside?

Ray

Joe Cannarozzi
07-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Ray there is 3 smoked glass sliding doors that close off the opening and that is what you see from the inside. Half of the lower part of the opening is the lower cabinet unit with the sink. That outer deck railing (behind the guy sitting at the table) has the 2 oval smoked windows that kinda swings or pivits up and closes the top showing windows and the floor folds up closing the bottom and that is hidden by the closed dark smoked sliding doors.

Sorry about the poor quality photos:o

Motorhome Magazine did an article and had it as a cover piece for August.

Same mag. there was also a 43ft pusher with a 400hp cat C-9 that tipped the scale at 43000lb. A Monaco product. Air ride, the correct power plant, 4 slides, 2 bathrooms one a rear master.

Safari CHEETA 42 PAQ out the door under 250,000 new.

Surprised? Don't be.

Ray Davis
07-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the magazine reference, Joe. I was able to look at it online. Much better idea.

Ray

Alek&Lucia
07-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Do you have to vaccum the floor every time you close the veranda ? How about when it rained, and the veranda was out, and you have to depart quickly ?

Ray Davis
07-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Same mag. there was also a 43ft pusher with a 400hp cat C-9 that tipped the scale at 43000lb. A Monaco product. Air ride, the correct power plant, 4 slides, 2 bathrooms one a rear master.

Safari CHEETA 42 PAQ out the door under 250,000 new.

All that and only a 100 gallon fuel tank. Seems like they should have made that a bit bigger!

Joe Cannarozzi
07-09-2008, 09:45 PM
You looked at it Ray?

I like those wood interiors. Like Royal. I liked the blue paint too, and the floor plan, I better stop now:rolleyes:

100 gal, ah, that is enough for a good long day.

Ray Davis
07-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Joe,

Yeah, I looked at it. Took a bit of searching to find the right website, but ultimately downloaded the brochure.

So major concern as with most "other" coaches. it's on a frieghtliner chassis, and I don't have a clue how well the "home" part of it is put together. There's a reason why it's only $250k new, and I wouldn't guess because it will outlast a Prevost ....

I may be a bit of a PP (prevost prude?), but it seems to me that a 250k prevost is a much better buy than a new 250k something else (generally)

Ray

garyde
07-09-2008, 11:36 PM
The interesting thing about the RV insdustry is how quickly the innovations are evolving. Slides are only 7 or 8 years old generally speaking and they keep getting bigger and more in quantity. It will never end, it's driven by the public and their ever changing desire for something new and different.
The interesting thing about Prevost conversions, is the amount of people who still want non-slides. It says a lot about the bus and the Convertors.

phorner
07-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Ray, you are exactly right. Dollar for dollar, a good condition used Prevost will always be a much better buy than a new Monaco of any stripe.

I've spent as much as a month at a time at Monaco Factory Service Centers getting repairs to brand new coaches.

And we would make return trips at least twice a year....:mad:

Ray Davis
07-10-2008, 11:02 AM
It might be an interesting data point to ask Lee Bornstein in about a year how it's going with his new coach. I happened to be down at Steve Bennett's California Coach weekend before last, and Steve now has Lee's old coach there.

It's really nice. Lee, if you're reading, your tile work was amazing.

Ray

aggies09
07-13-2008, 02:45 PM
I thought that Jack and Don at CC would have had better ideas than this. I am with JDUB, why would you want to bring the outside in when you can walk out the door to a built in entertainment area. Looks like a waste to me.

rfoster
07-13-2008, 07:49 PM
In the South, we call that a porch - - sort of. It needs some Blue tick or Red bone hounds under it to qualify.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-13-2008, 07:57 PM
In the south that is where the appliances sit also.

If the toad is on blocks will it be too hard to two?

jonnie
07-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Skiffer,

What is the last scoop on Spearfish?