PDA

View Full Version : FMCA - St. Paul

phorner
07-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Is anyone attending the FMCA Convention at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds in St. Paul?

IF we can get back on the road in time (it's complicated, hoping for repairs later this week), we plan on arriving there on Sunday, July 13.

Sure would be nice to catch up with some fellow POG members while at the rally. :)

Jim Skiff
07-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Paul,

I know Truk and Nancy will be there and I'll be there for a day or two.
It would be great to get POG people together.

Jim

hhoppe
07-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Be careful what kind of ground they park you on. Remember if the rains come you may be burried.

phorner
07-07-2008, 08:10 PM
We will be in the Full Generator Parking area, which appears to be a paved parking lot at the end of Stella Street.

Coloradobus
07-08-2008, 10:08 AM
We went to FMCA Hutchison Ks, in Sept-Oct 2002. Parked at the fairgrounds on what was left field, yep grass. We had 5 inches of rain in 2 and 1/2 days and over 5000 coaches sank. If they moved, they were mired, some up to their frames. We didin't move and the bus, 2001 CC XLI 2slide, sank 3 inches into the ground.
We ended up being pulled out backwards by a John Deere 8 tired articulated tractor that was contracted to yank everyone out of the mire.
At the time the PP rally director didn't want to lead a caravan of 50,000+ vehicles onto a non solid surface. Well, we were with the CC caravan and went on in as newbies. Never again will we knowingly park on a soft surface.
There is more to the story anyone can read on Prevost-Stuff. 2002 FMCA "Mud Fest":mad:

phorner
07-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Having been subjected to "big rig" campgrounds that were everything from a joke to down right scary, we have now made it a policy to check out the suspect location first by using Virtual Earth by Microsoft to perform an aerial recon of the site.

In minutes you can get a real detailed birds-eye-view which can be invaluable.

You can easily see the amount of tree cover, areas of pavement and/or concrete, turning radii, and even the best driveway for the approach. :D

lloyd&pamela
07-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Pamela and I will be there. We are in Amana with CC rally this week.
Lloyd

billbunch47
07-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Rita and myseif will be there, either very late sat. evening or sometime sunday. We are heading to St Paul from Quebec, been rubbing elbows with the other group. Would love to get together, Bill

lloyd&pamela
07-12-2008, 10:18 PM
We arrived this morning and are parked in Lot 15 / 3rd street on the corner of Cooper Street and Lee Ave diagonally across from Giggles Campfire Grill. Tom mentioned last night that we might have a POG dinner Tuesday night. We are open to what ever works best for others. My cell is 310-990-2198.

phorner
07-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Dinner sounds great to us too.... We're in the full generator parking, Lot 54, Second Street.

Looking forward to getting together with everyone!