PDA

View Full Version : Gauges & knobs not lighting>?

Tully
07-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Have a 1990 Country Coach. I noticed that all the gauges and knobs on the panels above are not lighting. All the switches to turn on curb lights, dock lights, etc... This is the entire bank of switches and gauges that run from left / middle/ right above my head.

Everything works. At night however, they are not lighting up.

Any idea? Certain fuse maybe? If so, what and where can I loacte this fuse?

Thanks,

Tully Lee Garrett

Denny
07-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Check and be sure there is not a master switch that controls those panel lights on one of the panels you are talking about. My 99 CC has one and for the life of me I cannot tell you which panel it is on without looking at it but it is located on one of the panels up front. Turn it off and all the front panel lights go off.

Tully
07-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Now that you metion it. I recall not hearing the pretty little female voice during this trip. When I finally got home it a battery connect swtich and here voice came right on. I wonder if this also activates other things such as the lights. Will check it out Tuesday night.

Thanks,

Tully

Loc
07-07-2008, 07:21 AM
Tully,

In my 92 XL most of the bulbs in the switches had burned out. They are easy to replace if you can get the switch out. I did most of mine, but couldn't get the switches on the lower left panel (cruise, etc) because the wires to the switches were too short. Mango Mike did a nice tutorial on his prevostman.com site to this very problem. Here is the link:

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Dash%20Light/Dashpg1.html

It sure is nice at night to have the switches illuminate. Have you been camping with Richard E and his Newell yet?

Loc

Tully
07-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Well I tried all the swtiches and still no back light. Would there be a fuse number for this?

Or maybe the pull and twist knob switch is bad?

Tully

Tully
07-07-2008, 11:55 AM
All the bulbs were lit and lighting up fine. My guess is probably the switch you pull up that turns to right and light for dimming.

Thought there might be an easy fix like a fuse.

Tully