PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Cold

Just Plain Jeff
06-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Our new organic, non-bling camper has Aqua Cold, which we thought was Aqua Hot. The idea here was that Vogue had decided not to heat the engine block all the time, but you have the option of heating it with a switch, like the typical all-Webasto system.

That's great, but we don't seem to get consistent heat. It was tested at delivery and we got 117 degrees in the shower for 14 minutes.

We have been guilty of turning it off and on; and it seems that some times the boiler goes on and some times the pump goes on, but the duration of continuous hot water is minimal.

Any tips?

You can run either faucet H2O, or add heat through the duct work or add the block heater to the Aqua Cold if you want; I am just trying to keep the Sled Dog from snarling about the shower and sink temps.

:o

truk4u
06-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Commander,

My CC had Aqua Hot and worked as you stated. There were 4 options, hot water, heat, block heat and bay heat. The brain box would decide what pumps to turn on for hot water circulation from the boiler based on your panel selection. When we were stationary, I would turn it on and leave it until time to break camp. It would cylce the burner/blower as the boiler temps would cool, always keeping the water hot. It never ran out of hot water, you could leave the shower on all day and it would be HOT.:eek:

Sounds like you have a temp sensor of some sort that is not kicking on the boiler when your heat exchanger cools down. Mine had a reset button on the brain box that when pushed (reset) would restore all functions to normal. It seemed to be sensitive to any voltage changes and would have to be reset occasionally. Their tech support was really good by phone.

Can't offer much more than that, except you BETTER keep the sled dog happy.:D

Just Plain Jeff
06-04-2006, 07:16 AM
Yo Tom:

I will try the reset button. During this trip I did experience wide variations in voltage at AC input from 108 to 124V, so perhaps the brain got confused. I can hear the unit gurgling from time to time and it fires off; it makes hot water, but only for a very short period of time.

Still can't believe you sold the CC by yourself. You ARE the sales and marketing guy!

Thanks. BTW I also found the AC troubleshooting guide! Some times progess is in tiny little steps.

lewpopp
06-07-2006, 09:57 PM
I wanted to run my Webasto the other day to see if it would work for my monthly run. It didn't. I took it apart and checked out a few things and I did remove the nozzle. Nothing seemed clogged and I blew it out with my mouth( diesel tastes like crap) and it seemed to work. I am going to order 2 new ones tomorrow and replace the one that's there. I may not be spraying properly. But, I tried to get it to fire up following the instructions from the probs and nothing happened. I was not getting power to the coil. I even pulled the top rear cover off of an area the has a reset button and that didn't help. Does this automatically mean the controll box is bad?

lewpopp
06-07-2006, 09:58 PM
I wanted to run my Webasto the other day to see if it would work for my monthly run. It didn't. I took it apart and checked out a few things and I did remove the nozzle. Nothing seemed clogged and I blew it out with my mouth( diesel tastes like crap) and it seemed to work. I am going to order 2 new ones tomorrow and replace the one that's there. I may not be spraying properly. But, I tried to get it to fire up following the instructions from the probs and nothing happened. I was not getting power to the coil. I even pulled the top rear cover off of an area the has a reset button and that didn't help. Does this automatically mean the controll box is bad?

Seeing that I am the only one posting today, I should have someones undivided attention.

MangoMike
06-07-2006, 10:45 PM
Ok Lew, You have my attention.

Can you remove the 4 screws holding the coil on and put on meter on the leads going into the coil see if you have voltage coming from the control box.

Have your sweetie man the switch to power on the Webasto as you're checking the voltage you'll be spraying fuel into the combustion chamber. If you're lucky it's not the control box - which I think is about $475 Lew Bucks.

Glad to see you're doing your monthly checkup.

Mike

Jerry Winchester
06-08-2006, 01:36 AM
Lew,

You may have to be a touch more specific with the issue. Did it spin up but not light or was it just dead and never came on?