PDA

View Full Version : Country Coach Rally - Amana, IA

truk4u
07-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Anyone else heading for the CC Rally, let's hook up and fly the POG Colors. I'll post my site number when we get there.

Miles - are you on the way?

Paul - are you already there for the Beaver Rally? Is the campground a good one?

phorner
07-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Truk,

We have been here at Amana Colonies RV Park since last Sunday, and we are leaving on Sunday the 6th. Lots of CC's already here along with their display coaches. They have on site the new "patio slide out" model, which is really something to see.

Be aware that not all sites are full hook-up. We have 50 amp service but no sewer at our site which is J-9. And, the number of 50 amp sites is limited. There is also free wi-fi in the campground, and it's been working fine. Roads are a bit narrow but everything is wide open so it's not a big deal.

I believe that you are probably using the same caterer that we are, and our meals have been very good.

Weather has been pretty good with the exception of only one tornado warning (yeah, warning, not a watch) which created a little excitement, but not enough concern to abandon the free happy hour....

Have a safe and uneventful trip!

mcirco
07-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi Truk - I expect to arrive in Amana Monday morning. I will be leaving home in about an hour for Frederick, Maryland (about 2 hours away) and then I will start toward Amana bright and early Saturday. I have no idea what space I'm in, but i will look for you when I get there.

Miles and Laura Circo
2004 Country Coach 45' XLII D/S

truk4u
07-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Paul - What direction are you going on Sunday? I'll be in Davenport and heading to Amana late am Sunday.

Miles - Great, see you there...

lloyd&pamela
07-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Hi Tom,
Pamela and I arrived yesterday and will be here for the entire rally, we are in DW 13 near the display coaches.
Lloyd