PDA

View Full Version : Campground/Parking near the LA Convention Center

lloyd&pamela
06-30-2008, 09:22 PM
We need to find a campground or parking near the LA Convention Center for the dates Nov 8-20th. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Ray Davis
07-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Lloyd, I think it depends upon what you call "near". Downtown LA is not really an RV haven, and I don't know of anything in the area directly. There are several nice places around the Disneyland area, about a 30 minute drive to the Convention Center.

There is likely other places around, but I'm not familiar with them.

ray

ps: a quick check of woodalls online shows the closest RV park accomodating a big rig is in Long Beach. Golden Shore RV Resort.

http://www.woodalls.com/search/camp/index.cfm?Action=details&sequence=44671800&AdvertiserTypeID=2

Although for that distance, I'd head out to Anaheim and be near Disneyland, where I can sign you in free!

garyde
07-01-2008, 12:54 AM
LLoyd. There is a KOA at Fairplex off the Hwy 10, and Hwy 57. There might be some trailer parks closer to LA which allow overnight stays, you might also check with AAA.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-01-2008, 06:57 AM
FWIW some convention centers allow participants to park on site. They are used to entertainers parking on site and if they can be convinced you are the star of the show you might be able to park right there.

We not only have parked in the past next to the convention center I have also had the bus inside a convention center on the second floor.

Give them a call. You have nothing to lose.

jello_jeep
07-01-2008, 08:12 AM
You know if you get that close to the California Cartel, and don't make arrangements for a dinner get together or something, there is a special POG curse that will be werked against you!

It will cause DDEC errors, leans, steering axle flats, cruise air over pressure errors, inverter dilemmas, coolant leaks... and your Webasto will never fire again.. :D

Ray Davis
07-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Yeah, what Jello said!!! :D

Alek&Lucia
07-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Lloyd,

You can also check chain of Motel 8, they have electric hook-up for RV's.
Ask at reception desk first,

lloyd&pamela
07-03-2008, 11:11 AM
We just got to a place where we can deploy the sat. We will definitely have to have a mini get-together and meet all the CA POG's. Though Pamela says the threat is meaningless since we already have experienced most of the list.

We are heading out right now for a Boat tour of the Pictured Rocks National Park. I will get back after we return. Thanks. I knew I could count on you.

Jon I do not think I can be as convincing as you about being a star. Our bus does not have that star quality like yours, not enough bling.

Thanks again.

tdelorme
07-03-2008, 12:25 PM
"Our bus does not have that star quality like yours, not enough bling."

Lloyd you might be surprised. We were at the KOA in Texarkana last week and a woman came over a rang the doorbell. Jan opened the door and the woman says "is there somebody famous in there?" My dear wife's reply was, "yes, a tired old rocker who doesn't want any attention." I just about fell out of my chair laughing. When it got dark I turned on all the Tivoli lights, turned the music up real loud, closed the bedroom door and went to sleep.