PDA

View Full Version : Aux air control

Danss
06-23-2008, 12:40 PM
My aux air pump all of a sudden cuts off before belts in rear tighten up. It used to do all of the air things with ease. Is their an adjustment to control the time the aux runs? If so what does it look like? Thanks for ideas. Dan

MangoMike
06-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Dan,

On my Liberty there was a small adjustable regulator back by the chassis batteries for those airbags. I would try tracing the airline back from the mini bags.

Mike

Ray Davis
06-23-2008, 02:49 PM
What pressure does the aux pump get to before stopping? As I remember, it doesn't take a lot of pressure to operate the tensioners. Even if the aux compressor is not running, your tensioners should be ready to go in about 5 seconds or so, after switching on the ignition key, as long as suitable pressure is in the aux system.

As I remember, it was supposed to have about 50# pressure for the tensioner bags, but that's a 1/2 guess.

Ray

Danss
06-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Just being old strikes again. I have found problem! I had turned a valve off that lets air go to a connection I can hook an air hose to thinking that was the only thing it serviced but no, it cut off air to entire system. I never cease to learn! Thinks again, Dan

Ray Davis
06-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Good to hear that it was a simple "fix".

Ray