PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin - Any Idea's

truk4u
06-22-2008, 08:54 PM
We have to kill about a week prior to arriving at Oshkosh with the Turd Boy's and looking for a nice campground on a lake with boat/fishing rentals.

Any recommendations?

Jerry Winchester
06-22-2008, 09:10 PM
I hear these chicks hang out over at Lake Winnebago giving out free cheese, so why not give it a try?

garyde
06-22-2008, 11:34 PM
That's just not right, for so many reasons. Scary!

Joe Cannarozzi
06-23-2008, 08:19 AM
Truk if you are coming from mid-country look up Alek and Lucia at www.lakethunderbird.com. (I-80) 60 miles from Iowa.

Also a little South of Milwaukee is Lake Geneva just West of I-94 on Rt 50. Although we never camped there I know there are many spots and it is very nice been there many times.

If you land somewhere close let us know, lotta great food and sights in Chicago.

Marango, West of Chi. has a very large rail museum.

Dodgeville Wis. has Talliessin (spelling wrong) the Frank Loyde Wright Home and even better right next door is The House on the Rock That I would recommend to anyone within a couple of hours. With the museum of Americana that is there it will fill the day, great overnight er. Been here a few times too. The variety and size of this mans collections is UNBELIEVABLE.

I will post more suggestions as they come to me.

How about a Cubs game!

truk4u
06-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Jdub - Those are the same chicks that hang around your hanger.

Joe - Thanks for the invite... We will be in Amana, IA prior to going to WI, so kind of out of the way. You know how it goes, it takes a week of preparation and hours of quiet time with the Acme Bag of Tricks handbook and access to UPS overnight shipments just to get ready for 5 days of abuse with Mutt and Jeff!:eek:

tdelorme
06-23-2008, 09:50 AM
JDUB, OSU Cheerleaders, right?? :p

Skiffer, can I have my hundred bucks back? :D