PDA

View Full Version : Another New Member

Kenneth Brewer
06-21-2008, 02:08 AM
We are Kenneth and Gwendolyn Brewer. We purchased a 2000 H3 from Liberty in Stuart, Fl, after looking and shopping around (all over) for a number of years, and drove it home to Texas this past Saturday. We owned (and still own) an '84 Bluebird FC for the past 19 years, and this is our third coach. Occasionalloy I opened my big mouth in this forum before it went private some time ago, under the handle Mr. Moto. I am a recently retired engineer, and my wife is a not so recently retired school principal.

This site, the forum, was crucial in learning enough to proceed with the purchase of the H3, and I would like to mention Jon W. specifically, but others as well, as particularly helpful with his many contributions. Thank you. The membership fee was paid back many times already. Perhaps I will be able to contribute something of use in the future.

dalej
06-21-2008, 07:37 AM
Kenneth,

Glad you have come aboard, looking forward to hearing more from you.

ps..what part of the lone star are you from?

tdelorme
06-21-2008, 07:56 AM
Welcome to the Pay Per View Prevost Forum and congratulations on your new ride. Enjoy the welcomes from the other members, things can go downhill fast arount here.

truk4u
06-21-2008, 08:18 AM
Welcome aboard Ken, are you aware that Jon made most of that stuff up?:p

Jon Wehrenberg
06-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Actually when I make stuff up, especially when I know the information is wrong I use my other aliases...Truk, JDUB, Mango Mike, etc.

Welcome to the asylum. We were running low on fresh meat. As a Liberty owner however you will find the Liberty brain trust to be the smartest, best looking, richest guys in this crowd. We got your back.

garyde
06-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Congradulations Kenneth. Tell us more about you Coach and certainly join in with any insights you may have. anyone who has owned a Coach as long as you have certainly will be an asset to our group.

MangoMike
06-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Brewmaster,

Welcome to POG.

It's good to see another brother from the H3 darkside.

Mango Mike

Will Garner
06-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Kenneth,

Welcome to POG. Yes Jon W. is the greatest. However, there are many others out there with good information and insights. I just don't happen to be one of them.

Dale,

You best use capitals when referring to Texas. Don't you know everything is bigger down there! Hope all is well with you. We are in Oregon enjoying our post US Open vacation. Sometime next week we should be going through Montana.

Alek&Lucia
06-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Hello Kenneth, Hello Gwendolyn,

Welcome to POG, and like Mike said: nice to have one more H3 in the group.

Alek

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Nice to have you join right in.
Sounds like a real nice ride you have there. Post some pictures, when you get a chance.
Look all around in the site. Try everything you can't break anything.
Watch your spelling or Lew will get you.
Watch your grammar, or Dale F will get you.
Watch your math, or Peter will get you.
Watch your back, or whoops never mind, no one will get you. :D

Try to read all the old posts. If you make it through, you will better understand.....mechanicals.....:eek:....moles.... and what to expect at a rally.
At your first rally you will be given the secret hand shake, unless it's the Nudist Rally, there isn't one for that event yet. You must however wear a neck tie at all rally dinners. Following that there will be some cutting remarks ;)

JIM

hhoppe
06-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Ken & Gwen welcome to you both. You chose well, we too own a 2000 Liberty and love it. Please plan on joining us in Spearfish SD for the next rally we all wood enjoy meeting you.

rfoster
06-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Welcome Brewsters, Glad to have you on board.

Jon does make up a lot of crap. It mostly applies to Texans.

Yee Haw.

rickdesilva
06-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Welcome Ken and Gwen...Welcome to the land of equal opportunity offenders.
We also transitioned from a Bluebird 35FC to a WB40. The forward control coach was like a tank. We had great experiences with our 'Birds but there is nothing like a Prevost.

Kenneth Brewer
06-21-2008, 03:57 PM
DaleJ;

We live in Boerne, Texas, about 20 miles northwest of San Antonio. I retired and we moved here from NJ. Where we spent nearly 30 years. Yes, I know. And there will be others; property taxes jumped 35%, the state sales tax jumped to 7% from 6%, and we had to pay a new 1% escape tax on the sale price of our home there, to get out.

Now we are born and raised lifelong residents of Texas.

Darl-Wilson
06-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Welcome aboard Ken and Gwen. It looks like most of the usual suspects have greeted you folks with a exception of a few Texans. There is one in particular that is generally up to no good and is known as a twin to the Mango Fruit. All I can say is come to the Spearfish Rally because those two will not be there. It will be un lugar tranquilito (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pEHoqXdkWM). ( A real tranquil place)

Believe me, once you know these guys you will want to avoid them like a mouthful of Habanero Chiles.

Oh, don't post a picture of your bus 'cause Fly By will criticize any paint flaw. He has a fetish about these things.

Aren't you glad you joined this joyful group? BTW, Jim Skiff will triple refund your annual fee for up to 5 years if you are dissatisfied for any reason.

Seriously, from the only sane member, WELCOME:eek:

Jerry Winchester
06-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Darl,

Bite me.

Welcome K & G and you found a great spot to live in Boerne. We have friends with a ranch there on the Guadalupe River and it is pristine country. Kevin Erion and I are going to hit the Schlitterbahn in July with the coaches, so maybe you can drop by for some abuse.

And don't believe everything these numbnuts tell you. Krak4U abuses sheep and has a shock fetish.

Darl-Wilson
06-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Darl,

Bite me.

Jeeze Jerry, I didn't mention your name anywhere. Touchy, touchy. Please have a little more respect for your elders.

Does this mean you and your Taco Turd pal will be showing up at Spearfish?

Skiffer, cancel my SD res...and refund my dues. Triple!;)

Darl

phorner
06-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Ken, welcome. Janice and I also retired from NJ and couldn't get out of there fast enough. We've been Florida residents for 6 years now, and probably checked out your H3 when we were in Stuart having some service work done on our coach before we left on our summer road trip.

Glad to have another Y2K Liberty on board....:D

rmboies
06-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Welcome Ken and Gwen, nice to have you as a part of POG. This group has certainly grown since POG1 and I must say we have met some incredible people and made some wonderful friends. Actually the missing Texan and the Mango man are two of them so don't let the warnings scare you :D

Kenneth Brewer
06-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Darl,

Bite me.

Welcome K & G and you found a great spot to live in Boerne. We have friends with a ranch there on the Guadalupe River and it is pristine country. Kevin Erion and I are going to hit the Schlitterbahn in July with the coaches, so maybe you can drop by for some abuse.

And don't believe everything these numbnuts tell you. Krak4U abuses sheep and has a shock fetish.
Jerry,

Let us know and perhaps we may be able to drop by. Never been to Schlitterbahn's, and had to look it up. Can't swim. We are planning at the moment for sometime in July to begin a longer trip out to Las Vegas, up through to Idaho, down to Salt Lake City, over to Wyoming, down through Denver and back home, so if it is later in July we may not be in town.

Thanks.

jello_jeep
06-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Howdy Ken, welcome aboard...

Everyone has about covered the usual stuff.... I would wonder why Jdub is going to a place titled shittle<anything> and avoid it :)

Enjoy your coach and hit a rally if you can...!