PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Trails Membership for Sale

Ray Davis
06-18-2008, 12:35 PM
For many years I have had a 1000 Trails Camping Membership. I used it a lot when my boys were small, and we've had some great experiences.

When I first purchased the membership, I was intrigued by the members who had "retired" into the system. Basically, they were living in 1000 trails resorts (many of which are extremely beautiful), and basically living for only a few hundred dollars per YEAR!

Now, with my bus fire I'm probably not going to replace real soon, and it seems a waste to just hold this membership, so I'm offering it to POG members at a "Best Offer" price.

I have a full Premium level membership, also with a coveted "Alliance" clause, which allows you to make reservations up to 30 days in advance of normal people. This helps a lot at high-use preserves.

If you were to purchase this new today, it would probably cost around $8000 or so. Yearly dues are based upon one of two plans. The recreational plan gives you 50 nights per year for roughly $500 per year. Additional nights are $2.00 per night. You can also have an unlimited use yearly, which is around $800 (or so), which gives you unlimited camping.

Along with campground camping they have rental trailers (for yourself or guests), and have recently expanded into including high end resorts for "regular" vacation activities.

You can find more about 1000 Trails at their website http://www.1000trails.com/index.asp.

As with any membership type of organization, how much you use it determines whether or not it's worthwhile. They have a ton of preserves on both the west coast, and east coast. It's a bit spotty in the middle of the country, but this membership allows you to purchase a RPI membership for about $100 per year, which has very inexpensive camping at member parks when traveling.

If you're interested, please PM me here, or send me email at rdavis@cox.net.

I'm not looking to get rich on this. I'd love to see someone get it who will use and enjoy it.

Thanks!
Ray