PDA

View Full Version : Glass cleaner

gmcbuffalo
06-18-2008, 12:51 AM
The wife just had the house windows cleaned. The guy said he would clean the water spots of the lower windows. Light goes on. Bus windows. So I asked him if it would work on my mineral spots on the bus glass. Yes. He used a product called Bio Clean and a lot of elbow grease or PEG (plenty of elbow grease) Now my bus windows look like new.

http://www.perfectproductsonline.com/bioclean.html

GregM

Tully
06-18-2008, 09:14 AM
I am going to purchase this product. What type of cloth did he use to clean windows. How bad was your glass?

Going to give it a try. Shipping is high at 50%of the product price. $21.00 for the cleaner and $9.95 to ship. There is a gurantee refund minus shipping cost if not pleased. When I see pricing like this it makes me think that even if every customer sent back product, they are still making good $ at $9.95.

Will buy it and update all.

Tully

Tully
06-18-2008, 09:15 AM
I am going to purchase this product. What type of cloth did he use to clean windows. How bad was your glass?

Going to give it a try. Shipping is high at 50%of the product price. $21.00 for the cleaner and $9.95 to ship. There is a gurantee refund minus shipping cost if not pleased. When I see pricing like this it makes me think that even if every customer sent back product, they are still making good $ at $9.95.

Will buy it and update all. If it works, it is worth it.

Tully

gmcbuffalo
06-19-2008, 12:09 AM
They were using microfiber towels. My windows had spots that I could not removed with rubbing hard with a terry cloth towel. the spot were not so bad that I could feel them with my finger nail. I tried a small spot with a terry cloth towel and I could tell it would work. So I gave them the go ahead. You should be able to tell if it is going to work before the postman is down the street. I want to find the 303 shower shield to prevent this happening again.
Greg

MangoMike
06-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Greg,

What's the 303 shower shield?

Mike

gmcbuffalo
06-19-2008, 11:49 PM
Mike
It is a product 303 sells to spray on your shower glass to prevent water spots.
303products.com

Greg

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Here is a great way to try their products.

Free Samples for just $5.00 in shipping costs.

http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=113

Gary S.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
06-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Here is a great way to try their products.

Free Samples for just $5.00 in shipping costs.

http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=113

Gary S.

Hi Gary, Have you tried any of these 303 products yet? I think we will send the $5 and try them. Your only spending 1 gallon of diesel;).

Sandy

Jon Wehrenberg
06-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Maye Steve Bennett will elaborate but he used the product on his ugly CC type plastic shield on the front of his beautiful Marathon and it made the ugly shield uglier. It turned it yellow.

I have not heard anything bad about that stuff until Steve showed me what it did to his rock ding preventer.

MangoMike
06-20-2008, 09:56 AM
I use the 303 protectant on my tires and it's my favorite.

You can touch the tires after application and not get an oily hand like Armorall.

Thankfully I don't have the ugly shield issue (this should start things going).

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
06-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Thankfully I don't have the ugly shield issue (this should start things going).

Mike, I don't need it for my shield. I have a brand new one.:D

I would like the product for the other reasons,though. Now that I see positive testimonies.

Sandy

phorner
06-20-2008, 05:07 PM
I use the 303 on the bus tires and have been very happy with the product. No greasy mess and it has the advantage of providing some degree of UV protection. I also use it on the dash of the Jeep for the same reasons...

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Sandy, I also use the 303 for the tires when I just want to gloss them over and protect them a little more from the weather. When I really get into detailing the bus, I use a different product for the tires called Tire Black Gel, which believe it or not is actually a clear gel. It makes them look so perty!

I also ordered the $5 sample products to especially try out the shower product, the one that keeps all water from spotting. I just hate it when I have to squeegie off the shower glass, :mad: so I solved that problem by taking my shower first. Then Peg has to use the squeegie :eek: :D

Gary S.

Tully
06-26-2008, 02:42 PM
I got the Bio Clean glass cleaner and the 303 in the mail today. Will try it out on Saturday and give everyone an update.

Tully Lee Garrett

Kevin Erion
09-01-2008, 07:36 PM
I can't find the original thread but what the heck. On the recommendation of one of our wonderful members I bought some Metal Cleaner by Jakel Products.
I was putting this job off because I was a little scared to use acid on the windows, fearful of getting some on the stainless.
I decided to get it done, a trip to the Home Depot for some plastic and tape to cover what I wanted to keep nice and I was ready. It took about 6 hours, most of the time was cutting and masking the plastic.
WOW, unbelievable how easy this was and how it took all the water spots off, no buffing or hard rubbing. I know I sound like a snake oil salesman when I say this but it works. You do have to be VERY careful not to get any of the acid on anything other than the window but if you take your time with the plastic and tape, it works out fine.
Thanks to a POG member for this GREAT tip.

hhoppe
09-01-2008, 09:40 PM
This subject of window cleaner came up not too long ago. Someone came up with a product called " Hot Sauce " from a boat cleaner supplier at:
http://www.boatbling.net I ordered the stuff and applied it to my windows ans Walla!! they came sparkling clean with a little elbow grease. It does not remove wax, and even contains some wax. The co-pilot was watching me from inside of the windows as I cleaned them and gave me a thumbs up. They use it to get hard water off the sides of boats, so I don't think it will bother paint or SS on our busses.
I accept no blame from anyone using the above advice and accept no responsibility for you screwing up your bus. You are on your own.

Sid Tuls
09-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi Harry, I use it onthe side of my bus and love it I delute it 75% "HOT SAUCE" and 25% bottle water. They say you can use it on the paint also.