PDA

View Full Version : Advice - quick question

sawdust_128
06-15-2008, 01:01 AM
How many fire extinguishers would you recommend?
Where do you locate them in/on your coach?
What types?

dalej
06-15-2008, 07:48 AM
We have two in ours, one in a bay and another one inside by the entry door.

Someone posted a while back about maintaining them. You should, once a year shake them upside down to loosen the powder inside. Since there stored in a bus, they tend to settle and pack over time.

Joe Cannarozzi
06-15-2008, 09:10 AM
We had the disposable type that you get at Home Depo like you use in the kitchen and we had a bunch.

One on the engine compartment and one in the generator bay. There was one in the bus accessable by the driver and one under the stove and I carried a spare.

Denny
06-15-2008, 02:11 PM
The dry powder are good for exterior fires but for the inside you want a halon fire extinguisher. For a small kitchen fire, for example, you could have more of a mess with the dry powder than what the fire caused.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-15-2008, 05:52 PM
I have personal knowledge that five big one's can turn out to be inadequate unless supplemented with by about 50 to 70 gallons of water.

I don't think there is a good answer because it depends upon the fire, type, location, fuel source, ignition source and the size of the extinguisher. I believe there is never enough when you need them.