PDA

View Full Version : Prevost Car, Quebec, Service

06-13-2008, 09:39 AM
We have made an appointment at Prevost Car In Quebec for the 26th of June to have our OTR Compressor replaced along with a few odds and ends. have any of you had service done at this location??

Also while at Prevost is there anything else that I should consider or ask about??

shookie
06-13-2008, 01:06 PM
0553...i never got "change" after visiting a Prevost locale....lol...cheers, shookie...(maybe you will be more fortunate)

06-13-2008, 02:12 PM
0553...i never got "change" after visiting a Prevost locale....lol...cheers, shookie...(maybe you will be more fortunate)
I understand the cost factor when going to Prevost, but the warrantee and the help is worth the extra $$$. I was wondering if the factory offered any extra service besides a bad exchange rate.

PS> The service after the fact is great as well, their tech people when I have questions are as good as any converters. They have answered questions and guided us when we needed help.

Thanks.

Alan__
06-13-2008, 03:07 PM
We were there last August and had excellent service. A couple of our techs were limited in English but not as limited as I am in French. However, the advisor is great bilingually negating any problems. Nice clean shop with excellent access to parts!

Jerry Winchester
06-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Bruce,

One of the POG members was up there a couple of years ago and they looked over the ride height valves and adjustments. He was very impressed with the service he received and evidently they did a nice job "tuning" his suspension up. That might be a nice deal for them to check over. I also hear they have a good handle on "the leans", but between Hector and Jon, we may have a better handle on it than they do.

And if one of them speaks good English, ask him why so much AC air blows out the defroster vents on the 2001 XL2. Enquiring minds want to know.

JDUB

Jerry Winchester
06-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Oh, and don't say anything bad about the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys.

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Bruce, Colorado bus was there last summer.
The exchange rate was .97 yesterday. Your favor:D

lloyd&pamela
06-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Bruce,
Our bus was there for three days while we visited Old Quebec to fix the refer and deal with the short lugs (I will have to update everybody about those later). We had excellent service. Christian Jacque (speaks great english) was our Service Rep he was most helpful and got my entire laundry list completed.

Coloradobus
06-18-2008, 12:15 PM
We had great service. Guillame Charron was the Sv Mgr at the time. We arrived the evening of October 9th, Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. Prevost was waiting for us at 8pm. The coach went in the air for what Mira Loma said was a faulty Norgren tag valve. Prevost Quebec identified it as a cracked brass fitting on the drive axle wet tank. Replacing the valve fixed our 'Leans".
Touring the Old City over the weekend was great. Next Tuesday, Prevost replaced the steer axle lower balljoint boots, the steer axle stabilizier bushings, the drive axle stabilizer bushings, and the drive axle inner seals. all this Mira Loma had missed ten months earlier.
Marcel was our tech and with my simple French, we got along famously.
We would go back to that service center in a heartbeat, but it is 2,152 miles of 4 solid days driving. Whew!
We had quite a bill $$$$$$, but we didn't find mystery charges like we get at Mira Loma.;)

06-22-2008, 03:18 PM
We had great service. Guillame Charron was the Sv Mgr at the time. We arrived the evening of October 9th, Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. Prevost was waiting for us at 8pm. The coach went in the air for what Mira Loma said was a faulty Norgren tag valve. Prevost Quebec identified it as a cracked brass fitting on the drive axle wet tank. Replacing the valve fixed our 'Leans".
Touring the Old City over the weekend was great. Next Tuesday, Prevost replaced the steer axle lower balljoint boots, the steer axle stabilizier bushings, the drive axle stabilizer bushings, and the drive axle inner seals. all this Mira Loma had missed ten months earlier.
Marcel was our tech and with my simple French, we got along famously.
We would go back to that service center in a heartbeat, but it is 2,152 miles of 4 solid days driving. Whew!
We had quite a bill $$$$$$, but we didn't find mystery charges like we get at Mira Loma.;)
Thanks for all the good info. We will be heading there on the 25th for service on the 26th.

I will report back after we are out and have washed dishes to pay our bill.

We will head from there to Gaspe to check out the Gulf Of The St Lawrence and turn back.

If any of you are in VT. try the Prouty Beach Campground in Newport VT right on the lake, its in the Big Rig Book, $32 Bluff sites on the water looking west, very nice.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Hey guys do you have the NEW ( February 2009 ) Prevost P@rtner Electronic parts catalog on CD yet? Prevost Version 33.

I have one, and have transferred the info to both of my computers, so if you would like me to put this CD and instruction manual to you in the mail, just respond back here and I will mail it to you.

If there are several guys that would like it, the next person can mail it on to them, Kind of Like a Chain Letter, ONLY No Money changes hands, just valuable Parts information. :)

Let me know if you want it.

Gary S.

lonesome george
06-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Gary,
I would like to copy it and will send it along to the next guy. Our address in on Dale's member map.

lloyd&pamela
06-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Yes I will be happy to copy it and forward on to someone. Please send to:

14525 SW Millikan Way 72009
Beaverton, OR 97005

Thank you,
Lloyd and Pamela

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-03-2009, 07:44 PM
I would like a copy and will pass it on.

Address on Dale's map.

Thanks, JIM

BrianE
06-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Me too. Thanks Gary.

Kevin Erion
06-03-2009, 11:33 PM
I would love one, please tell me what I need to do.
Thanks

Ray Davis
06-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Gary,

Rather than passing around something which probably legally copyrighted, how do we properly get a copy of this? Can it be ordered through Prevost parts?

Ray

michaeldterry
06-04-2009, 12:27 AM
I would love to have a copy of this. Please let me know what I need to do!

garyde
06-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Gary,

Rather than passing around something which probably legally copyrighted, how do we properly get a copy of this? Can it be ordered through Prevost parts?

Ray

Here is the Prevost Technical Site. I don't know if what Gary has is different but this site will give you Electrical, pnuematic, etc.
http://www.prevostcar.com/cgi-bin/pages.cgi?page=publicationspage

06-04-2009, 07:28 AM
I would love a copy as well. Thanks Gary for the research.

533@bellsouth.net

Out for summer cruising, heading West by Northwest.

flyu2there
06-04-2009, 09:37 AM
When I bought this bus a number of years ago, I called Prevost Canada and asked about service bulletins, re-calls and the like. I also registered my name with the VIN just in case something in the way of a defect may come down the line. I guess as part of the process they put my name on the list to receive this annual parts catalogue on CD. While I suppose it is nice to have, at the end of the day, I found it to be less than user friendly. Guess if I had worked as a parts counterman somewhere along the line it may have been less intimidating. Mine and I suspect all of them come with an additional program called CAT BASE Viewer which makes it work...well sort of. The program has been less than stable when loaded onto a PC and a little checking with Prevost and they advise "dedicated" computers. It is fairly easy to get lost in the catalog, at least for me, but I suppose that is just a learning curve. True, there is everything in there from cotter pins to seats...............you will be able to pull down a part number (eventually and with patience).

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-04-2009, 09:51 AM
I will work on getting a list of all the guys that were interested in getting this CD sent to them, and I will include that list in my mailing to the first person on the list.

I will mail this out, and the next person can then forward it on to the next person.

In all honesty, I got the current CD and instructions from the Parts manager @ Prevost, by simply asking for it. Call up and ask for your copy of the P@artner Electronic Parts Catalog, if you don't want to wait for it to get around the loop.
I copied the CD (legally) to my HD and it works nicely. Very complete reference material, and with a little bit of use, you will be able to navigate it like the parts guy does.

Gary S.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-04-2009, 04:19 PM
I sent the CD today and instructions to ( 1st ) George & Debi Phillips along with all of the other names and mailing labels of the other members that expressed an interest in this CD.

We are not copying it Illegally, we are just putting the information on our computer to make finding a Prevost part we need easier and more accurate before we order from Prevost.

Keep the information moving.

Gary S.

Ray Davis
06-04-2009, 06:23 PM
We are not copying it Illegally, we are just putting the information on our computer to make finding a Prevost part we need easier and more accurate before we order from Prevost.

Gary, not that it matters in this particular case, because it's handed out freely (it seems), but putting it on your computer, and then passing it on is probably not legal. Check the CD, and it probably has a copyright notice on it, meaning you cannot send it to other people.

Unless you have written notice from Prevost, or it has express written consent on the CD itself, you have to assume you may not copy it.

Again, no-one is gonna come knocking on your door about this, I'm sure.

Ray

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Gary, not that it matters in this particular case, because it's handed out freely (it seems), but putting it on your computer, and then passing it on is probably not legal. Check the CD, and it probably has a copyright notice on it, meaning you cannot send it to other people.
Unless you have written notice from Prevost, or it has express written consent on the CD itself, you have to assume you may not copy it.
Again, no-one is gonna come knocking on your door about this, I'm sure.
Ray

Ray thanks for the question about the legality.

So I looked on the Prevost CD, and found no information about a Copyright Infringement Notice, so then I called Prevost Parts, and asked them if they had a problem with me copying their information to my computer and then sending the CD on to my friends for their use? ( I told them I was Jerry Winchester ) :eek:

Prevost said they had NO problem at all with me sending their CD on for all POG users to use, and they were welcome to continue sending it out if they wanted too. :)

Then they said they wanted to send me a Gift Certificate for my troubles, so I gave them MY ADDRESS ! Sorry Jer. :p :D

Gary S.

Ray Davis
06-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Prevost said they had NO problem at all with me sending their CD on for all POG users to use, and they were welcome to continue sending it out if they wanted too.

That's great news.

Ray