PDA

View Full Version : Somebody has to do it

rfoster
06-12-2008, 10:46 PM
We (my kids - 3 RVs total) are in Myrtle Beach, SC and in preparation of going for a week on the beach - I insisted that the fire/smoke alarms be checked in their 5th wheels. I even installed a new one in my sons 5th wheel prior to the trip as his didn't function properly.

Well, I get to the Beach and I keep hearing a beep in the Liberty from time to time and it turns out the battery in the fire/smoke detector is gone south.

When was the last time you checked your smoke detector in the coach?

I bet you checked the oil and the air pressure in the tires, but not the smoke detector.

truk4u
06-13-2008, 08:06 AM
King,

Gasp!:eek: You mean there isn't a little guy in the closet that jumps out with a fire hose at the first smell of smoke.... You do have a Liberty don't you?:p

Jon Wehrenberg
06-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Stand by. JDUB is sure to be all over this one. Truk, you are just sucking up to JDUB and are stirring the pot.

Changing the batteries on our smoke detectors is the one thing we Liberty owners can do. After all, unlike some other converters we have Liberty standing behind us willing to do whatever is necessary to support our coaches. Any more smart aleck comments bus flipper boy?

rfoster
06-13-2008, 03:58 PM
:cool:Truk: No little guy, My Liberty came with a little woman. When she ain't fixin, she's apolishing.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-13-2008, 04:01 PM
That one was the final straw. Poor guy is stuck with SOB (some other brand) and now he finds out Micki not only polishes the bus but she handles the maintenance.

Wait until JDUB is all over him.

Alek&Lucia
06-13-2008, 04:05 PM
....."Any more smart aleck comments bus flipper boy?

Jon,

Can we change this to : " smart Tom..." instead of aleck ? :cool:

Alek

Jon Wehrenberg
06-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Oops....I see how easy it would be to confuse old bus flipper Tom with Alek. Your wish is my command.

truk4u
06-13-2008, 07:58 PM
See that Alek, he's sucking up!:p

lewpopp
06-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Everyone should change the battery in the alarm on the same date every year. That is why I picked Jon's birthday. Dec 25th...He's Christ isn't he?

Jerry Winchester
06-13-2008, 10:32 PM
I'm glad this was a slow posting night and I came by this one only to find out I had been drug into a pissing contest and didn't know it.

Tom,

I think back to the Liberty Spontanious Coach Combustion threads but the photos are on my computer at home.

But come to think of it, I only know of two coaches that have burned and both were Libertys......

Jon Wehrenberg
06-14-2008, 07:25 AM
Sure didn't see that one coming.

phorner
06-14-2008, 08:38 AM
OUCH! That was almost downright hurtful.....

Then again, maybe it explains my insurance premiums!

Jon Wehrenberg
06-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Paul,

JDUB is trying to get Liberty owners excited. Don't let him get to you. You don't have to reboot your coach every once in a while, do you?

Do your AC units go through some magic converter installed circuit board or do they just have a switch that works every time. He'll get over it, maybe.

The only thing that surprised me was how long it took him to get on that post Truk made. Must be instead of being on the computer his multimeter and bus were getting to know one another.

Jerry Winchester
06-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Say what you want, but I can flip a lot of switches when I know I don't have to worry about this when I get home.

And of the two Libertys that burned, wasn't one of them yours?

garyde
06-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Jdub always wants to bring up the Liberty fire when he's running low on ammo, as if Fire and Vehicles were a new idea. It beats me how many Buses I've seen and read about over the years sitting on the side of the road on fire. No question , we all have to be aware of this .

hhoppe
06-14-2008, 11:35 PM
OK guys we've had enough trajedy within our group lately. Let's have our fun on other subjects besides fire. God knows the three musketeers can provide enough levity with their high jinks to keep us amused.. Remember the coaches we own are the best ever, sources of beauty joy and happiness. Leave the one upmanship to the pp's.