PDA

View Full Version : "New Post" thingy not working right

jello_jeep
06-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Off in another thread someone was saying how the "new post" thing wasn't working right lately.

I had the same problem, and then realized the pointer was being reset when my wife logged into the women's forum, as they use the same user name as we do, so the machine thinks you have logged in and resets it!

I have suggested to Lobster Boy that there be some variation to the user name, like instead of her logging on as Jello_Jeep and this happening with the new post thing, making the wife's user name something like Jello_Jeep/w or whatever.

Some variant of the main user name so we don't have to try and remember a completely different user name for our wives, but don't have the problem with the new post feature...

Just a thought.
:confused:

Ray Davis
06-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Unfortunately, knowing the software (at least in a previous version), there certainly was no way to do that. Each account is unique, and that would be the requirement that wives who post separately get their own account.

You could certainly suggest some naming convention, if wanted, but there's nothing in the vbulletin code to enforce anything like that. Nor is there any idea of "connected" logins.

Getting a seperate account is not a matter of cost, and I would assume that Jim would allow users to have two accounts for wives that actively post? I may be speaking out of turn on that, however ....

Ray

tdelorme
06-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Now come on folks, are you all really surprised that this problem came about because of a bunch of females?? :D

Here we go !!!!

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/tdelorme1/flames2.jpg

Jon Wehrenberg
06-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Mel,

You need your watch repaired. You apparently do not know how close it is to bedtime.

Jim Skiff
06-12-2008, 08:35 AM
Jello,

I can supply new codes to women that coincide with the account. Women can logon independently.

In order to do that I will need:

User Name:
Password:
Different Email address:

Jim :)

dalej
06-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Jim, just wondering if you can put a "NEW POSTS" button to the right side of post reply. (1) When your done reading the posts you can go right back to new posts without scrolling back up to the top (2) or hit the TOP button (3) in the lower right.

jello_jeep
06-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Geez Dale, you want every friggin thang!! :p

Jim, just wondering if you can put a "NEW POSTS" button to the right side of post reply. (1) When your done reading the posts you can go right back to new posts without scrolling back up to the top (2) or hit the TOP button (3) in the lower right.

sawdust_128
06-12-2008, 05:34 PM
I have been trying to use the search function. However, I think that tehre may be a conflict between the search for user name on the forum and how my passward and ID vault is functioning. I don't seen to run into this on any other forum, so I thought I would ask. The vault is automatically filling in the user name entrywith my ID every time. Any ideas?

Joe Cannarozzi
06-12-2008, 07:08 PM
I see a new, new post icon.

Don't have to scroll back to the top of the page anymore:)

What happened Skiffer, didn't have any flee markets or yard sales today and needed something to do?

dalej
06-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Thank's Jim, that's a very nice!

Ray Davis
06-12-2008, 09:10 PM
FYI, hitting the "Home" button on PC, or Apple->Up Arrow on Mac will take you to the top of page, where you can immediately click the new posts, regardless of where you are in the thread page.

Ray

Darl-Wilson
06-12-2008, 09:12 PM
I have been trying to use the search function. However, I think that tehre may be a conflict between the search for user name on the forum and how my passward and ID vault is functioning. I don't seen to run into this on any other forum, so I thought I would ask. The vault is automatically filling in the user name entrywith my ID every time. Any ideas?
This may be a Lewthing. Check this out with Lewpopp.

dalej
06-12-2008, 09:20 PM
So Ray....why tell us that little secret now! I have been scrolling up or down since I've been on here.

I know...I never ask, right! :)

Ray Davis
06-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Today was the first time I'd seen this concern mentioned, so I responded with my typically "inappropriate" answer!! :D

You ask for a button, and I tell you how to scroll. It just don't seem right!

Ray Davis
06-12-2008, 09:30 PM
One other way, that might be more appropriate for some.

I've added a favorite to the favorites menu bar, which is always visible, regardless of scrolling, which points to:

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/search.php?do=getnew

Simply clicking the favorite instead of searching for a new post button always works, regardless of what page you're on, even what site.

Ray

ps: make sure you copy the URL exactly as above. if you click on it, it gets changed to a different link which will only show "new" posts once! it must end with search.php?do=getnew

sawdust_128
06-12-2008, 11:31 PM
This may be a Lewthing. Check this out with Lewpopp.

WOW. That isn't working either???? I posted it and went back and edited it to correct those things. It still shows up. Go Figure?!

I know, sabotaged by the King of Bling.

mikedee
06-13-2008, 02:03 AM
Hey Guys....don't blame everything on the "Females". It's not our fault your "thingy" got moved while you weren't looking. Maybe your "thingy" should be bigger so you can see it when you log on. Dee

Jon Wehrenberg
06-13-2008, 07:11 AM
Dee,

Are you having trouble getting your "awning" up?

To everyone else, unless you were at Pahrump you have no clue.

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-13-2008, 06:59 PM
The Ladies can read and write here, and they have a private place to read and write as well and we pay the bill.:eek: :D:D:D

mikedee
06-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Jon,

Trouble getting my "awning" up? Not me. If it's mechanical, I've been warned not to touch it. Seems to me I didn't see Di touching anything mechanical on your coach either. I'm relegated to the kitchen and laundry rooms in our coach. Ask Di, she'll tell you where to find them. And Jon? Don't touch anything while you're looking.

Mike won't touch the washing machine at all. He says anything that mixes electricity and water is inherently dangerous.

Dee