PDA

View Full Version : Branson

phorner
06-10-2008, 10:57 AM
We're in Eureka Springs, Arkansas and thought that since we are so close, we might as well spend some time in Branson.....

Anyone have a recommendation for a place to stay and/or things to do while there?

Thanks...

dalej
06-10-2008, 11:00 AM
give me a call with a map in hand, 402.756.2000

Jerry Winchester
06-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Paul,

We stayed at America's Best Campground and liked it as well as the KOA. ODR is too far from town to be of much use, but beyond the shows and restaurants, you can shop for tchotchkies all day long.

rfoster
06-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Paul and Janice, Last fall when POG was at the KOA (which is convienent to town) we hit several shows. We truly enjoyed the Legends /Elvis/ Blues Brothers. We are in Mytle Beach,SC and these photos were made today. Mick and I still recollect a good time at their performance.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CIMG3715.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CIMG3716.jpg

We was thinking we would get some of these for the front porch or use them as Christmas Presents.

Jim Skiff
06-10-2008, 07:51 PM
:DRoger and Micki,

Do you guys ever stop having fun?

(Hope not)

Skiffer

truk4u
06-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Paul,

We just left there last Saturday. We stayed at ODR and yes it's a ways out of town, but depends on what your looking for. There's several POG members at ODR if you want some quiet time looking at the lake. It's about 45 minutes to Branson.

Make sure you see the Legends as the King has pointed out, it was a great show and the best Blue's Brothers you will find. We were also in Eureka Springs, hope you didn't make the wrong turn with the bus!:eek:

Call if you need some moral support..

phorner
06-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks for all the tips....

Truk.... I did get to see, through the windshield of the bus, the "Very Crooked and Steep, next xx miles" signs...

More than once :eek:...

phorner
06-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Well, the highway signs were nothing compared to seeing a hailstorm through the windshield. At least it was the windshield of the Jeep and not the bus.

The sky did, in fact, attain a greenish/pinkish tint just before the heavy rain changed over to quarter-sized hail. This was on I-65 between Branson and Ozark last Sunday. I still can't believe that the glass in the Jeep survived.

The better-than-good news is that the storm was nowhere close to the bus and the damage to the Jeep isn't too bad.