PDA

View Full Version : Hey!!

sawdust_128
06-06-2008, 03:20 PM
New members: Ed and Cindy, can be found out in the world as Spike and Eddie (along with Toby aka. BOBO our fur friend).

Coach = not yet, very soon.
Miles logged driving any type of RV = 0 and yes, thank you, that is combined.
Timetable = none.
Schedule = Mon - Fri = nothing; Sat & Sun = rest.

Our promise to POG - we will make sure that we ask for a reminder of the standard POG hazard warning signal before any of the elements of the above status change.

We look forward to getting to know you all.

Regards and cheers.

MangoMike
06-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Welcome to POG.

Enjoy the ride. You're not going to believe how much fun this stuff is.

Mango Mike

Jon Wehrenberg
06-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Welcome to the asylum. (I get paid to say that.)

This is the place to do your research. The members of this group are all very knowledgible about the Prevost chassis and the converters of those Prevost coaches except for one or two dummies.

You can amause yourselves by reading all the posts on such topics as Over the Road Air or roof airs versus Cruise Airs. You can read about dent repair and the various awards won by the members of this group.

Or you can ignore the archives and just blurt out your questions and see if we give the same answer that we did the last time the question was asked.

As potential buyers there is one thing for sure. Nobody here will hold back when you ask for an opinion. Everybody here has opinions about everything and except for the two dummies I discussed earlier those opinions are worth considering.

jack14r
06-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Welcome,another one with MPD.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-06-2008, 04:40 PM
"If I specified that I wanted IFS, can you give me an idea of how that impacts the available choices in models and years? (NOTE: wanted for tighter turning radius, suspect that there is very little difference in the feel of ride).

To Ed: The 6-speed is a requirement and thank you for reinforcing that determination.

H3 height. The increase in height causes a ?? percent increase in difficulty in accessing and/or traveling to destinations??? (guestimate)

H3 is ?? percent more/less difficult to maintain.

The worst thing I can think of about the H3 is___? The X___?

The best for each?

Sorry up front if this seems like a silly exercise, but sometimes I just need to throttle back so as not to go into overload . Again, thanks for the help.

P.S. I am currently avoiding asking this on the POG sight because I believe that I will get overwhelmed there. Thanks for your patience. "

The above was asked on the P-stuff site. I will let H3 owners answer those specific questions.

The IFS was available on late 1996 shells, typically titled as 1997 coaches. They were after serial #T5880 or thereabouts. It is my opinion the tighter turning radius of the IFS is nice, but its complexity and thus future maintenance requirements might offset that benefit. I doubt if anybody can tell the difference between the IFS or straight axle while driving the two side by side. I cannot.

The worst thing I can think about the XL is that the access to the head on the engine requires disassembly of bedroom cabinetry in some coaches to remove the access panel and then the valve cover. On the other hand that removal is rarely necessary.

The best thing I can thing of the XL, compared to the XLII, and possibly the H3 is that in the model years from 1995 to 2000 the design was just about bulletproof. It was an old proven design and there are no known design flaws. Panels can be easily replaced by removing and replacing rivets, any piece of glass can be removed and installed by an owner with no previous experience in about 45 minutes, the operating costs are about the cheapest because the engines were the most efiicient due to lack of environmental requirements, the transmission is a smooth robust one contributing to the efficiency, and the tire sizes were all the 12.00R22.5 or 315R22.5 (depending on how early the model year is) and while expensive they are somewhat available and not as expensive as the 365 tires showing up on coaches now.

In a word if you like rivets the XL is as time proven a design as you will ever get with no surprises.

I expect others will chime in, but before they do, your responses will be more to the point if you can share some information about your price range, how you intend to use the coach, where you intend to use the coach, and if you have formed any opinions yet on what systems you specifically want.

tdelorme
06-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Welcome to the Forum. Most of us here are serious minded individuals who don't joke around when it comes to our bus.
I am the first one of those members to welcome you. Do not listen to most of the advice given here as it will end up having you get grease under your fingernails and dirt on your backside. These Prevost vehicles are Party Coaches and nothing ever goes wrong with them. However, some of the membership feels the need to WORK on their buses when it really is not necessary. Light the fires and spin the tires is all you need to know. Simple enough.
Please forward $100 to each member who welcomes you within the first 24 hrs. It's a traditional thing and I know you want to get off on the right foot so just giving you a heads up. Your welcome.
And NO, you can't get the first hundred back so don't ask.

rfoster
06-06-2008, 05:14 PM
It is a pleasure to have new meat, i mean new folks on board.

It would probably be more fitting for this forum if your nickname was "Metal Shavings", but what the heck?

Glad to have you and look forward to making stuff up for answers to your questions. That is always fun.

sawdust_128
06-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the Forum. Most of us here are serious minded individuals who don't joke around when it comes to our bus.
I am the first one of those members to welcome you. Do not listen to most of the advice given here as it will end up having you get grease under your fingernails and dirt on your backside. These Prevost vehicles are Party Coaches and nothing ever goes wrong with them. However, some of the membership feels the need to WORK on their buses when it really is not necessary. Light the fires and spin the tires is all you need to know. Simple enough.
Please forward $100 to each member who welcomes you within the first 24 hrs. It's a traditional thing and I know you want to get off on the right foot so just giving you a heads up. Your welcome.
And NO, you can't get the first hundred back so don't ask.

Thank you, I think (in the background hear: Honey put my wallet in the safe, load all the .45 and 9mm tools, we may have work to do. Oh yeah, order 10 more cases of ammo).

I'm a bit confused and hope you can shed some light here. In your welcome, you tell me that everyone else is wrong, I'm going to do all the work, It is going to cost me money, Lastly, I have to pay you and everyone else for the privledge of that. O.K. so here's the question. Are you

A. A democrat senator from Illinois?
B. An IRS agent who hasn't had his personal expense account audited in too long?
C. A boss or partner who is in denial over my decision to retire?
D Hillary Clinton?
(No substitutions! - The management)

Personally, I am really leaning towards D. :p

sawdust_128
06-06-2008, 06:54 PM
It is a pleasure to have new meat, i mean new folks on board.

It would probably be more fitting for this forum if your nickname was "Metal Shavings", but what the heck?

Glad to have you and look forward to making stuff up for answers to your questions. That is always fun.

Thank you as well, I think.

I must point out that to everyone that you are kind and generous, giving person. Although I truly apprciate the kind act of offering me a new forum name, I just cannot accept. However, in a sincere gesture of my apprciation, and recognition that rfoster is not adequate for your grandness, based on the eight word knowledge I have of you, I would ask all that from this day forward, your new forum name be Meathead.

Nice to meat ya!! :D

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Welcome Cindy and Ed. It's nice to have you step right in and participate.

Ask your questions and we will try to answer them. Explore the site in detail, there are many features and characteristics that you will like. Try everything, you can't break anything.

Fill in your data so we can get to know you. In the upper right corner is a place for private messages, get used to looking there, in case you get one.

Check out quick links, to get around in POG.

JIM;):)

garyde
06-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Welcome. If you have'nt already noticed, our POG forum is generally modeled after "One flew over the CooCoos Nest" Most everyone is actually committed to the same Asylum and have momentary privileges on the same Nailed down Computer in the corner. While we all have to wear these Kimonos with our white asses hanging out the back we still feel highly superior in our Love for our Prevosts. We have a Poster of Willie Nelson standing next to his bus! and we all get a Bus ride to IHOP once a week.
As Jon says, if we don't know the answer, we'll make something up!
How sweet it is!

truk4u
06-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Sawdust,

Welcome aboard, your in the right place. Now let me get this straight, you posted on Stuff, but didn't on POG because you would get too much information?:rolleyes:

Your going to fit in nicely with this bunch ....;)

Jon Wehrenberg
06-07-2008, 07:23 AM
Dear Metal Shavings.....

I don't think you understand the concept. None of us really gets to decide what we are called. Somehow you will end up with a name selected by unknown members of this group. And that name will stick with you. I will let others address this in detail, but did want to point out the fellow you would like to see addressed as "Meathead" is actually the "King of Bling", occasionally shortened to "King".

Don't let the names confuse you however because we will tell you enough lies so that trying to keep track of the players and their names will be the least of your worries. Did I mention if we don't know the answer to your questions we will make one up? You need to see if you can find a BS filter to accompany the SDR which should be arriving in the mail shortly.

sawdust_128
06-07-2008, 06:06 PM
[QUOTE=Jon Wehrenberg;30385]Dear Metal Shavings.....

I don't think you understand the concept. None of us really gets to decide what we are called. Somehow you will end up with a name selected by unknown members of this group. And that name will stick with you. I will let others address this in detail, but did want to point out the fellow you would like to see addressed as "Meathead" is actually the "King of Bling", occasionally shortened to "King".

QUOTE]

Oh I got it all right. No question there. As a new member I should have shown much more respect to "King". I just want you to know that I did bow my head in respect and gave the 21 rasberry salute with all appropriately inappropriate hand signals. In a show of compromise, I withdraw the call for "Meathead". However, I will always remeber him as "Burger King of Bling".
Besides, I like the gangsta' rap rhyme possibilities of that.

I do appreciate your taking time to point me in the right direction here. I know that I will have a long successful run here on the forums and I will owe it all to you, my new best forum friend, "Bent-wrench".

See ya soon,
Sawdaut_128

Jerry Winchester
06-07-2008, 07:01 PM
MetalMan,

I can't see as how I blame you about posting on this site. Any more it is like trying to drink from a firehose. However, if you can rightly divide the truth, then there should be no problems.

And don't mind all those catagories they list on the front page. They are more like guidelines anyway and all the newbies tend to act just like LewPop and post everthing in a single thread kinda like it is a room we are all sitting in.

And that search function is way over rated too, so don't mess with that either.

And we won't jack with you on this forum like P-Stuff. Well not much.

Oh, welcome. Should have said that first. My bad.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-07-2008, 07:12 PM
As a poor loser in the bling contest I must admit I kind of like my east TN neighbor's new name....Burger King of Bling.

Metal Shavings guy you just might fit in here.

sawdust_128
06-07-2008, 08:01 PM
As a poor loser in the bling contest I must admit I kind of like my east TN neighbor's new name....Burger King of Bling.

Metal Shavings guy you just might fit in here.

Bentwrench

Glad to help out here. As a good friend, I took it upon myself to initiate a poll on the subject. Like the Democratic primaries, vote today and vote often.

Regards,

Sawdust_128

P.S. I will be sending you those links on Alzheimer's. I hope for two things. First that they arrive before there is any further ptogression. Second that it assists you in remebering who I am.

Sincerely concerned and hopeful for your recovery.

Sawdust_128

rfoster
06-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Metalshavings/aka Sawdust

It appears I have tuned in late today. I did have lunch at Burger King today. Afterwards I felt I should have passed on lunch. Almost totally disgusting, but time was an issue. Maybe that is were the Fast Roger part comes in. I tried the Steakhouse Bugar Sandwich = not too good.

I appreciate all the salutes and hand gestures for the reigning King. Be sure to bring your Sunglasses when me meet - you'll need um.

And for you future reference: Bentwrench is A1- A = anal, 1 = number one bus guy, and dog rescue pilot, and the best freind you could ever have when your bus in broke down in the middle of anywhere. He is the permanent holder of the POG ANAL AWARD. All properly engraved and mounted on Genuine Maylasian Luan Scrap Lumber stained with motor oil. Presented in person before the loyal POG members in Santa Fe, New Mexico under a full moon - I think, maybe well it doesnt really matter. Ok now I remember - it was full stomach. The food at Santa Fe was great.

And Jdub- hey I am old enough to qualify to rattle on various subjects in any thread. Or the same thread. They fired the thread police. Who's they?

sawdust_128
06-08-2008, 12:49 AM
rfoster10-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Mango: In the resturant bizness, isn't that term "new meat", or does that term come from WWWF? At any rate, I am glad to see Jon is got some competition coming for the 07 "Anal Award".

We may have to branch out into "Bus and Non Bus" Categories.:D

------------------------------END CITATION-------------------------------

INTERESTING!!!!:rolleyes:

rmboies
06-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Hey Sawdust,

Since the King of Bling is ahead in your poll, I thought an actual photo of the King was called for.....I also have a close up of the "scrolling Bling buckle" but out of respect for Micki, I will keep that one underwraps :D

Welcome!

sawdust_128
06-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Hey Sawdust,

Since the King of Bling is ahead in your poll, I thought an actual photo of the King was called for.....I also have a close up of the "scrolling Bling buckle" but out of respect for Micki, I will keep that one underwraps :D

Welcome!

No worries. I have a deal with all the Super Delegates.:D

Thanks for the picture, no surprises there.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-08-2008, 04:04 PM
There is no way I would vote for other than King of Bling. Although I am a sore loser Fast Roger earned the official title and nobody and no vote can take that honor from him.

I'm just glad I don't have a car lot across the street from him. He is a tough competitor. He left the dynamic duo gasping for breath. He smooth talked that 86 year old gal who was judging to honor him with the award even when others were trying to bribe her. Roger used his southern charm (and maybe a buck or two). While the dynamic duo were wearing themselves out with gaffer's tape Roger was shining his stainless steel engine trim and hanging his disco ball to go with his LED license plate scrolling message and his LED belt buckle scrolling message, both of which correctly proclaimed the man the King of Bling.

The goofy LED lights on his bus may have cost him a few points, but his competitors with masking tape on their bus had equally goofy LED lights so it was a draw there.

Fast Roger...The King of Bling