PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Air service

Jim_Scoggins
05-29-2008, 07:04 PM
I stopped by AAP in Milford, VA to have my mid cruise air fixed. It was showing a low pressure reading on the SMX. Had bitched it before at a dealer. Evidently, they just topped off the R22 and left it at that. The tech at AAP --almost 40 years working on them--found the leak and fixed it.

As an aside, the tech mentioned that if folks charge these things who are used to fooling with house heat pumps: There is a tendency for them to overcharge our cruise airs in the bus.

Professional, quick and fairly priced. Located 10 miles east off Exit 104, VA I-95.

They have a hookup so one could stop in the night before.

Good folks.

And then, had a tag tire blow on the way home! I can't win.

phorner
05-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Jim, thanks for the post.

Always good to know a reputable place for service along the I-95 corridor that we end up travelling so much!

Joe Cannarozzi
05-30-2008, 01:23 AM
I have spoke with those techs numerous times over the phone. The customer service provided by them is second to none.

That is where I got our gen. auto start form also.

Care to venture a guess what blew that tire Jim? Run over and kick something up? Any collateral damage?

Jim_Scoggins
05-30-2008, 06:07 AM
Joe;
I was in a hurry that morning so I didn't do my normal tire check. I think it was a slow leak resulting in high temps and it came apart.

Banged up a shock and cut the airbag. Parts on the way!

Jon Wehrenberg
05-30-2008, 07:13 AM
What was the age or date code on the tire? It does not look as much like a blowout as it does a tread separation. That BTW is the very thing the Michelin guy in Pahrump claimed the Chinese tires will be doing. It may not have been road damage or low proessure.

MangoMike
05-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Since AAP is the only authorized distributor for the manufacturer (supplying dealers nationwide) they are absolutely the right guys for the job. I had them install a rebuild unit, with a year warranty, for about $900 for the unit. (Plus about 3.5 hours of labor).

MIke

dalej
05-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Jon,

What did the Michelin guy say would be happening to the Chinese tires?

I just can't keep up with all the acronyms in these posts.

Joe Cannarozzi
05-30-2008, 10:55 AM
They said anything other than their tires are junk and you are making a big mistake if you buy them:D

mike kerley
05-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Speaking of Cruise Airs, dont forget Lester in Lakeland Florida. Correct charge determined with two hands grasping the value and muttering "beer" something......

MangoMike
05-30-2008, 11:18 AM
"Beer Cold 30"

truk4u
05-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Dale,

Michelin man say old chinese proverb.. Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day!:p Chineeee tiiire go wup wup wup, A-1 airbag go bye bye...

Jon Wehrenberg
05-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Hey there Charlie Chan...Mr. Scoggins showed a picture of the highly revered Michelin tires when they decide to retire from service.

I'm pretty sure that before the King acquired his bus it was a Michelin tire that did a number on his drive axle wheel well and associated components including what appeared to be at least one air bag and brake chamber.

Our Chinese tires are still round and holding air. I happen to know a guy that has owned even more buses than you Mr. Bus Flipper and he is running on all Chinese tires, including the steer. What say you now?