PDA

View Full Version : Scam Alert

flyu2there
05-27-2008, 02:33 PM
I dunno how these idiots get my address but......Here's the latest!:mad:

Reduce fuel costs 7-14%, reduce emissions by 75%, earth friendly! Plus they also peddle ever kind of miracle cleaner, polish, oil life extender, rubber re-conditioner, upholstry restorer known to man. I wonder if that fine upstanding gentleman from Wipe Out Systems has a hand in this one!

The topper is when you go to their web site they try to hook you on an MLM scheme ala Holiday Magic, or Coscot Cosmetics and Amway.

Watch out for MPG-Caps, Eco-Sheen, Eco Odor Free and the rest of the snake oil these guys are trying to sell. Should you be really curious you can check out their web site at www.rvmpg.myffi.biz OR you can talk to one of their "Fuel Consultants", no doubt an engineer (yeah, right).........

John

garyde
05-28-2008, 12:50 AM
http://www.epa.gov/oms/consumer/reports.htm
Here is a site which details all of those cocamany ideas people come up with to scam you out of you money. They don't work, and they have little if any credible imperical data , ie;objective analysis, to back them up.

jello_jeep
05-28-2008, 08:23 AM
I don't :D

I dunno how these idiots get my address ...
John

flyu2there
05-28-2008, 10:18 AM
There is Joe over on another thread looking at water as a source of fuel....these con's are everywhere!

So I will need some help from Jon on this one but instead of increasing the size of the fuel tank (still another thread) why not increase the size of the black water tank. With a little skillful adaptation, and probably some additional yeast as a catalyst, trap the sewer gas or methane and once in the "cruise mode" switch from diesel to sewer gas. Not sure what it will do for emissions (:D) but am quite sure it will push you along as well as say propane...and there are a number of busses (mostly city busses) running on that stuff today.

Unlike "Veggie Man" (Ken's brother-inlaw at Pahrump) who pulls up to McDonalds to retreive their used oils, this system could become a self fulfilling prophecy...well sort of. Simply hang a sign on your bus that say "public restroom" at rest stops, sporting events, Mexican Restaurants or nearly anywhere for a "free fill up"....no dragging a hose and sucking oil here! What we have here is a self loading fuel tank with the public making free contributions (:D) to your endless fuel supply. Taco's welcome!

I would suspect that one would need Special High Induction Technology to make certain the fuel reaches the engine. I am thinking of a MLM scheme probably call it Performance Enhancing Equipment...or something along that line!

John the Entrepreneur

Jon Wehrenberg
05-28-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm not equipped to do the calculations necessary to determine the residual energy in our black water tanks. I know when my body processes food it uses a certain amount of the energy in the food. Of course like our cars and buses our body does not extract the energy 100% efficiently so the unused portion passes through our Headhunter device into the black water tank.

I think, but do not know for sure that if dried, the alternate fuel we are discussing may be a source of heat to supplement or replace the Webasto, but I doubt if the methane gas can be generated quickly enough for propulsion unless we bring in outside help such as the Taco Twins to add fuel to the fire, so to speak.

Knowing the POG members I would like to suggest instead they harness all their hot air as an energy source. There appears to be more of it, and the supply seems limitless.

dalej
05-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Jon, how's the compost spreading going? Can you have Di capture some jpeg's so you can post. Jan would like to see how how a true gardener takes care of the estate.

Show your garden and other flowers that you guys have around.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-28-2008, 12:43 PM
I should have taken pictures in the spring right around when we went to Pahrump. We have hundreds of Irises, and a lot of our bushes were in spring bloom. Now we just have some roses, some new Gardenias that I just put in, and some Daylillies starting to bloom.

Apart from our vegetable garden the only thing I am working on this year is to get a few more summer blooming shrubs and bushes.

If I get energetic I will take some photos.

05-28-2008, 01:24 PM
I use the Eco-Sheen in my hair its a great product. Remember the movie with Eddie Murphy, "Coming To America" thats when they first introduced Eco Sheen, great stuff. I wouldn't rush to "dis" these folks too quickly.

flyu2there
05-29-2008, 06:45 AM
So I went back into the RV MPG web site and after searching around a bit and viewing their "EPA" registration and associated technical data.....THEY ARE RIGHT!! :D

Yes Sir you will save fuel and reduce emissions provided you own say a 1974 or older engine that was designed to run on leaded fuel....un-modified, if you will, with non hardened valve seats and valves......provided you start using it the first time you run the engine after its antique overhaul. Seems that unleaded fuel tends to burn the valves on those dinosaurs causing un-burned fuel to enter the atmosphere and a requirement for more fuel to produced power as this occurs. What we have here is a product designed for the 1966 Winnebago Chieftan with a Dodge 440...a simple lead substitute.

Last time I looked you could by that at Chief Auto Parts for a couple of dollars a can....course these folks want many fold more than that.

So these MLM scammers claim to have 200,000 dealers or victims, which is probably a gross overstatement, who have garages full of this snake oil that they are attempting to sell to other would be victims...PITIFUL!

Oh well, back to the design board, still working on the Prevost Sewer Gas Conversion.....after much thought, I have decided to call it a Performance Update, just use the initials (P.U.)

John