PDA

View Full Version : XL2 Driver Air Vent Solenoids

Jerry Winchester
05-26-2008, 04:38 PM
I have some spastic solenoids that control where the air goes in the driver area of the coach. I can hear some of them engage when I push the various buttons on the AC / Heat control panel, but air always flows out the driver's defroster vent and never out the passangers side defroster vent. And with the large "leak" out the defroster, the dash vents seem to blow kind casual.

Has anyone had issues with these or had the front dash panel off to see what the deal is? I have to think this is a serviceable item, but like all things XL2 related, finding it is half the work.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Jerry, it may be as simple as the control solenoids working and one of the ducting hoses fallen off of the fitting. Have you pulled the big panel on the RH side of the dash?

Kevin Erion
05-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Jerry, I have had the front panel off, you don't need to remove the handle. Just pull all the small screws and the panel will pull away, you then have to unplug the wires for the switches and the handle.
I can't help much with the air flow, I don't think mine makes much logic with the way the air flows.
Good Luck!

Jerry Winchester
05-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Jon / Kevin,

I think that panel is the only way in and seems to be the key. And you DON'T have to pull the lighted handle off? I'm glad you mentioned that because it would have been the first thing I took off.

I am going to try to dig up a schematic for the defroster hoses and see where this all leads. It might just be the hose, but it never doesn't blow out the driver defroster, so I have to think something is not shifting right. The duct system has such a subtle, gentle mechanism noise that the first time I pushed the button I thought the front end of the coach had fallen off.

I want to make sure the cod cooler is blowing chilled air on my huevos during the trip.

rfoster
05-26-2008, 09:40 PM
JDUB

Once upon a time I was told by a fellow that knows more about Prevost than I --that the O1 (first year with the big windshield) was designed to send the lions share of the conditioned air to the defrost duct and there is no way to redirect the air with the dash controls to a satisfactory crouch coolness for the driver without modifying the duct work to change the air flow to the desired comfy level.
So there. Sweat.

Jerry Winchester
05-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Then I guess having huevos large enough for the defroster to cool is a good thing, eh?