PDA

View Full Version : First little mishap- need phone # to parts....

Tully
05-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Well on the way down to Nashville going through construction on I57- there were orange barrels lined down the construction lane. Well one had been moved just so slightly into the lane I was driving in and BAM! Coach went off onto second lane under construction. Had a heck of a timing pulling the coach back onto the lane I was driving in. Thought I blew a tire.

Got ot a few miles up the road. The barrel took out the passenger side turn signal lense and some scratches along the stainless. Man, I am sick.

Anyone who has the number for Prevost of Elgin and maybe a contact for parts? I need to get this lense ordered.

On a better note- the coach trip to Nashville was like floating on air. Even this 18 year old coach of mines drives sooooooooo niceeeeeeeeee. My 82 year old father was on board and said there is no better way to travel. I must agree.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tully Lee Garrett
1990 Country Coach

Ray Davis
05-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Tully,

US Prevost Parts Customer Service
Illinois
2200 Point Blvd., Suite 100
Elgin, Illinois 60123
Toll free phone: 1-800-799-9938 Admin.
Toll free phone: 1-800-621-5519 Coach
Toll free phone: 1-877-999-8808 Transit
Tel.: 1-847-844-7680
Toll free fax: 1-877-999-8809
Fax: 1-847-844-6955

Tully
05-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Thanks Ray. Just ordered the lense. $44.00. They said the chrome assembly ring that goes around this lense is $800? Thank goodness is was just scratched up a little and not taken out.

I spoke to a Abner in customer service. Great attitude and customer service.
I was very impressed.

Thanks for the info.

Tully Lee Garrett

Ray Davis
05-22-2008, 03:42 PM
I've heard that that wring around the lens is not cheap. I think Ken Z. told me that they wanted $800 for it as well. His chrome is chipped, and it's not worth $800 just to get a new one!

Joe Cannarozzi
05-22-2008, 05:23 PM
O/K I'll bite.

What turn signal trim could possibly be worth 800 and what lens did you spend 44 bucks on. The front 4 in. round or the side marker????????????

05-22-2008, 05:43 PM
O/K I'll bite.

What turn signal trim could possibly be worth 800 and what lens did you spend 44 bucks on. The front 4 in. round or the side marker????????????
Lenses and other Prevost parts are not cheap. I just replaced all of my tail lights, and was amazed by the cost.

maybe we should start stealing Prevost's and parting them out.

If anyone needs tail lights, I have a bunch, they are not really in bad shape, just had too much time on my hands while at Prevost a few weeks ago. I'll send them along to whomever wants them.

Ray Davis
05-22-2008, 05:58 PM
The headlight assembly on the older XL's have both headlight and tailight markers. Around that rectangular assembly is a chrome piece. That chrome piece is $800.

Tully
05-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Joe, yes that little four inch lense is the one smashed. I thought $44.00 was not bad. Ended up ordering drivers and passengers because I figured the new lense would really stand out and make the original lense look very old and dingy, if you will.

The chrome trim is scratched up a bit but not broken. Not gonna spend that kind of dough for a new one.

I was impressed with the customer service. Said they will set up a $5000 revolving line billed on 30 days. Just what I don't need, something that can
get me into trouble.

Tully

tdelorme
05-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Lenses and other Prevost parts are not cheap. I just replaced all of my tail lights, and was amazed by the cost.

maybe we should start stealing Prevost's and parting them out.

If anyone needs tail lights, I have a bunch, they are not really in bad shape, just had too much time on my hands while at Prevost a few weeks ago. I'll send them along to whomever wants them.

Hang onto your old lenses, Bruce. One of the M's will more than likely back into you some day and you won't have to order replacements. And, the old ones can be polished up to look like new.

05-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Hang onto your old lenses, Bruce. One of the M's will more than likely back into you some day and you won't have to order replacements. And, the old ones can be polished up to look like new.
I seem to be collecting extra Prevost parts these days. 20 Studs and nuts, 2 sets of Marathon chrome Nut covers, tail lights and more.

I'll keep them around if anyone needs them.