PDA

View Full Version : New service for Prevost motorhome owners

Prevosttech
05-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Greetings

To all prevost motorhome owners my name is John Harmon, some of you may regonize my name some won't. I am a former tech. for the Jacksonville Prevost facility, shortly after I left prevost I had heart problems and ended up up with some minor surgrey and could not fufil and obligation, but after some rest and recovery am back in the swing of things. If anyone is in need of advice or repairs on their motorhome please feel free to contact me and I will be ready to assit in any way possible now that I am free lance and don't have to worry about the restrictive changes that are now being made within
the prevost corporate enviroment I can give the service that you expect and deserve as a prevost owner. I can be reached by phone or e-mail

John Harmon
904-304-4412
jbharmon56@hotmail.com (http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/forum/)

dalej
05-26-2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks John for the note, I'll keep your info on file.

Dale

MangoMike
05-26-2006, 10:15 AM
Hi Jon,

Glad you're feeling better and welcome to the board. It will be refreshing to have someone give Bus Jon some competition :), and someone who doesn't harass us like that Texas dude, Winchester.

Are you willing to travel for repairs? If you could become the resident "Lean Master" there's probably a lot of work next winter when all our busses again take on the leans with the cold weather.

Thanks
Mike

Prevosttech
05-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Mike

I was glad to hear from you, and yes I'm willing to travel. I'm sure as word gets around you will find that over the past 9.5 years, you'll probably find that I've worked on quite a few of possibly your Friends and neighbors coach's.I'm including a little of my background so that everybody can get and idea of what I can do.

My name is John Harmon I worked for Prevost Car Inc. Jacksonville facility for (9.5 years ) my experience is as follows a/c systems{R12,22,and R134a},air suspension systems drive and level low,wabasto & aqua-hot systems, cruisair,
generator {power-tech mainly},Prevost 12&24 volt electrical systems,some house electrical systems.

Prevosttech
05-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Mike
By the Phone and e-mail questions are welcome and answers freely,and you would be suprised at some of the possilbe quick fixes there are for the leaners

John

Jon Wehrenberg
05-27-2006, 07:34 AM
John,

Jerry W is on the road with a problem that he just posted. It is about intermittent problems. Can you help him?

Jon

Prevosttech
05-27-2006, 01:08 PM
already read about the problem and he is right jumping out the sensor should take care of it he also should inspect his radiator area if he has shutters make sure they are blocked open

john

Jerry Winchester
05-27-2006, 08:24 PM
John,

I have uncovered the sensor and am going to tie the wires together. What will blocking the shutters do? I didn't check when I pulled in, but I did check them on one of the stops to see that they were open and they were. Is there anyway the system can detect if they are shut?

I thought they operated off of air and that they defaulted to open if there was a problem.

Thanks for the help.

Jerry

lewpopp
05-27-2006, 10:27 PM
Welcome to the group that really needs someone like you. Someone must have sent you from up above.

Get Jerry going so we can harass him about being a gallon low in the radiator. Hope that's all it is.

He's just a little boy.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Jerry,

Your shutters can fail closed. If you have normal cycling of the temperature gauge on your coach (180 to 195) they are opening as required.

The small pneumatic cylinder that closes the shutters is almost never serviced and after time it hangs closed becaused in storage that is the normal shutter position. It needs a periodic shot of oil.

If you want to permanently hold them open shut the one petcock and close the other on the small air lines going to the cylinder. A spring or pair of springs opens the shutters, but if they come loose the shutters will not open.

Prevosttech
05-29-2006, 02:01 PM
i evedently posted wrong yesterdaytrying to give you some more info shutters will fail closed 9out of 10 times what controls them is called a shutterstat that is actived by water temp. but to reveiw from my posting yesterday I also read you would have a problem with take off and intail speed because something about turbo spool up check your pryo gauages when you have this problem if temps are differant from side to side take a flash light and look at the exhaust manifold on the side that has low temp you may find one of the following soot if you see this check area for cracked manifold chunk missing from manifold blown exhaust gasket if exhaust pressure is not there no power until it builds could also have loose pipes causeing loose of pressure if you are so inclined remove pipe on left bank reach in and grab center only of turbo fins shake and see how much play is there if excessive you have a turbo problem let me know how far you got and what you found

John