PDA

View Full Version : What a long strange trip it's been!

ajhaig
05-20-2008, 05:14 PM
It's official... We're trailer trash!

After 10 months on the road we are heading back to Massachusetts.

Panterra Coach has the bus and will be listing it shortly. If anyone is looking for a well maintained 1991 Marathon w/ 3 bunks let me know.

Ray Davis
05-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Wow, spill the beans! So, was this expected, or what ??

I remember when we met that you were not going to do this forever, but I'm surprised that you're selling the coach? Did something happen?

Ray

JIM KELLER
05-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Looks like you joined POG one year ago this month and posted 131 times. Does this mean you are done ? Why was it a " long strange trip? "

tdelorme
05-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Well done, AJ. So what's up next for you folks? Don't be a stranger and how about a parting shot of the Red Storm.

Joe Cannarozzi
05-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Life is very good at unexpected changes.

AJ you and your family just spent the last year doing what most people only dream of.

Stay in touch and God Bless.

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Sorry we didn't get to meet eye to eye.
The best to you and your family.

henryhighwood
05-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Three bunks sounds just about right. Details?

ajhaig
05-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Ray - The Red Storm will be starting school this fall and we will be tied to school schedules for the next 18ish years! As much as we want to hold on to the coach, it really doesn't make sense given the limited amount of time we will have to use it. This was not an easy decision for us.

We had an awesome time on the road. They say it's impossible to see the entire country, but we tried! Sarah and I have vowed to take the trip again when the kids are grown. Next trip we will hit gourmet restaurants instead of hot dogs on the grill and we'll go to art museums instead of playgrounds!

It's fair to say that we wouldn't have attempted this trip without POG. The POG people we've communicated with (and met) have been incredibly supportive and generous with their time and knowledge. Thanks everyone and hats off to Jim Skiff!

Ted - I will PM you some details about the coach.

AJ

P.S. I intend to keep my POG membership current and will try to make positive contributions where appropriate.

garyde
05-22-2008, 12:35 AM
Hi AJ. It's in your blood now, no going back! See ya down the road.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-22-2008, 06:40 AM
Hate to see you give up the bus. Those kids will have memories of their experiences that will be impossible to top.

Ray Davis
05-22-2008, 01:08 PM
AJ,

It was a real pleasure meeting you and the Red Storm down in Southern CA. If you are ever in the area again, please do not hesitate to look us up.

Who knows, probably about one year from now, as the kids are ending their first year of school, they may be asking "can we take a bus trip for the summer!?" :D

Best of luck to all.

Take care,
Ray