PDA

View Full Version : Who's Traveling This Summer/Where???

05-18-2008, 01:18 PM
I have been talking to Lloyd & Pamela about hooking up with them when they are heading out of Nova Scotia this summer. Lloyd and Pam have posted their planned itinerary on their website which is really nice.

My thought is, if any of us are heading out for extended trips this summer, we should provide some type of trip planner on this thread so that others who are in the area during the summer might meet up if we are on the road nearby.

There might be lots of you who will be crossing each others paths this summer without ever knowing otherwise.

It would be nice if we could stop at your homes and visit along the way as well. If you are not going to be home, could you leave 50 or a 100 gallons of diesel on your doorsteps along with an apple pie. I don't want to appear to be too forward about this, but it sure would help. Maybe Google directions as well.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-18-2008, 02:15 PM
No need for diesel. I started burning dollar bills in my engine. I find out they are cheaper and burn just as well as #2.

garyde
05-18-2008, 04:07 PM
I just came up with the solution to our fuel problems and most likely the worlds problem. We should simply connect our black and grey water tanks to the fuel tank! Jdub is a perfect example of this formula; Mexican food= Anaconda Production=biofuel!

Coloradobus
05-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Coming up this summer are our trips as follows.

May 23rd-26th Salida, Colorado. Four Season RV Park with airstreams
June 24th-Jluy3rd, MSU Campus. Airstream International Rally with thousands
July 14-20th Grizzly RV Park, W. Yellowstone MT, with 3 other busses,Anyone? July 21-23, Virginian RV Park, Jackson Wy, then home.

We have plenty of parking with 50 amp and water for overnighters.

August 6-10 Chaffee Cty Fairgrounds, dry camping with the Vintage Airstream Club.
September, 10-14 POG in Spearfish SD
October 9-14. Region 11 of WBCCI (Airstream Club) Loveland Colorado,

This is what we have planned so far.

Coloradobus
05-18-2008, 04:19 PM

May 23rd-26th Salida, Colorado. RMVAC Planning Committee Rally. Four Season RV Park with Airstreams
July 14-20th Grizzly RV Park, W. Yellowstone MT, with 3 other BUSSES,Anyone? July 21-23, Virginian RV Park, Jackson Wy, then home.

August 6-10 Chaffee Cty Fairgrounds RMVAC Rally, dry camping with the Vintage Airstream Club.
BUSS RALLY---September, 10-14 POG in Spearfish SD

05-18-2008, 04:22 PM

May 23rd-26th Salida, Colorado. Four Season RV Park with airstreams
July 14-20th Grizzly RV Park, W. Yellowstone MT, with 3 other busses,Anyone? July 21-23, Virginian RV Park, Jackson Wy, then home.

August 6-10 Chaffee Cty Fairgrounds, dry camping with the Vintage Airstream Club.
September, 10-14 POG in Spearfish SD

Sounds like a busy schedule. I am sure there are other members that will be in your area this summer. Hope they chime in and share their plans.

I was in Burlington VT in 2003 when you folks had a huge rally there, did you attend?

05-18-2008, 04:25 PM
No need for diesel. I started burning dollar bills in my engine. I find out they are cheaper and burn just as well as #2.
Then I'll modify my doorstep request for you. Just leave a bag of ones on your doorstep, couple hundred will do.

Coloradobus
05-18-2008, 04:43 PM
May I suggest a most excellent suggestion:

We need to have Jon and Di leave on the their doorstep their Am EX Fuel card. :D

We didint' make it to the 2003 Vermont Rally. The 1967 20ft Airstream was stripped of its interior contents. We spent the rest of the summer putting it back together.

Tully
05-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Going to Nashville over Memorial Day Week-end. Also, going back to Nashville June 22 for the NAAM show with the band- Kristy Rose.

Only July 10th taking the 80's band- Enuff Z'Nuff to perform at Rocklahoma Fest. Going to be over 80 bands. From what I hear, almost thirty tours buses will be pared in the back stage area (and mine will be one of them)...

Looking forward to all three trips.

Tully

Jerry Winchester
05-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Headed to Washington DC on May 29th then New York, Boston and Philly via the Amtrak and back to WDC and on to Cedar Point, OH then Dayton, OH, Nashville and back to Houston by June 15.

OSHKOSH EAA Airventure the last week of July with MangoMike and the Krakman.

Stillwater for the start of football season the first week of September and that should take me up to Thanksgiving.

Jim_Scoggins
05-19-2008, 06:05 AM
Leaving on 6 June for Chicago, stop by and see Dick Warren in Lake City, MI, then the Liberty rally in Petosky, MI 18-21 June, then a week at the Soo Locks (engineer week).

Anyone else going to the Liberty rally? Or will it just be me and Pootie--and ten salesmen?

Loc
05-19-2008, 09:18 AM
May 29 - June 8 - Sandusky, OH (Cedar Point) and Mackinac Island, MI

June 25 - July 6 - Black Hills of SD, Glacier NP and Yellowstone NP (points in between)

July 19 - 27 - Orlando, FL to see the Mouse

We are just doing our part to help the struggling oil companies.

05-19-2008, 11:16 AM
May 29 - June 8 - Sandusky, OH (Cedar Point) and Mackinac Island, MI

June 25 - July 6 - Black Hills of SD, Glacier NP and Yellowstone NP (points in between)

July 19 - 27 - Orlando, FL to see the Mouse

We are just doing our part to help the struggling oil companies.
Besides sharing your travel plans, which my well offer a chance for some of us to meet up and enjoy one another's company, its really great to see so many of you traveling this summer.

I was wondering if we actually are using these wonderful machines. It nice to know that we are, seeing North America having fun.

Coloradobus
05-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Bruce,

We have had 5 motorhomes, 3 have been busses since Dec. 1999.

Miles travelled in our motorhomes.

'99 Airstream Cutter Diesel...................15,000 12-99 to 10-2000
'00 Country Coach Affinity...................15,000 11-2000 to 11-2001
'01 CC XL45-2 HWH Slides...................19,000 11-2001 to 10-2002
'02 Marathon XKII 1 Slide....................24,000 10-2002 to 11-2004
'00 Marathon "H"3-45 no Slides.............50,000 11-2004-currently
Total............................................. ..123,000 miles

We try to keep the wheels rolling. Now more than ever, so we can help out those cash strapped oil companies.

phorner
05-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Just to chime in with travel plans, we will be leaving the Sunshine State on June 1 and headed to Arkansas where we'll visit with some friends in the northern part of the state.

From Arkansas, no firm plans 'till we arrive at a rally for all current and former Safari owners (it's their 20th anniversary of Safari International) in Amana, Iowa, during the first week of July.

From Iowa, we head east, (unless we decide to do a small loop west first) to the Finger Lakes region of New York before spending some time in Maine, which is scheduled for mid-August.

Then to the Jersey shore to visit family and friends there, probably for most of the month of September.

Finally, around the first of October, that familiar ride down US 301 to I-95 south on our way back to Port St. Lucie, Florida, with a couple of stops along the way, maybe Myrtle Beach, or Charleston, or St. Augustine.

Planning on $5/gal fuel and hoping that by the end of the trip that doesn't sound like a bargain!

garyde
05-20-2008, 01:16 AM
I am attempting to set dates for McCall, Idaho either June 15 to June 29 or July 8 to July 18 approx.

We are also heading up to Ashland, Oregon in August ( Aug.16th to the 23rd) for my friend's daughters wedding.

VegasDogMan
05-20-2008, 02:31 AM
Leaving Vegas on June 15th heading to :
Bryce Canyon - Rubys Inn/Campground
West Yellowstone - Bakers Hole Campground
Mammoth - Yellowstone
Lincoln, MT (Aspen Grove CG)
Glacier Natl park
Calgary, ALB
Winnipeg, MAN
Minneaplois, MN by Aug 25th
Frankenmuth Mich
Halifax NovaScotia
Wash DC
Ocala FL
New Orleans, LA
Las Vegas in Early March...

9000+ miles at 7 mpg=1285 Gallons X $4.50 = OUCH! just under $6,000.00

05-20-2008, 07:10 AM
Just to chime in with travel plans, we will be leaving the Sunshine State on June 1 and headed to Arkansas where we'll visit with some friends in the northern part of the state.

From Arkansas, no firm plans 'till we arrive at a rally for all current and former Safari owners (it's their 20th anniversary of Safari International) in Amana, Iowa, during the first week of July.

From Iowa, we head east, (unless we decide to do a small loop west first) to the Finger Lakes region of New York before spending some time in Maine, which is scheduled for mid-August.

Then to the Jersey shore to visit family and friends there, probably for most of the month of September.

Finally, around the first of October, that familiar ride down US 301 to I-95 south on our way back to Port St. Lucie, Florida, with a couple of stops along the way, maybe Myrtle Beach, or Charleston, or St. Augustine.

Planning on $5/gal fuel and hoping that by the end of the trip that doesn't sound like a bargain!
Good morning Paul,

We will be heading out of Fl. on June 3rd. Will go to Fort Clinch State park in Amelia Island the first night then on to Hunting Island So Carolina State park until June 7th. We will then head toward the 1000 islands region maybe hitting the finger Lakes as well. From there we will head to Lunenburg NS for a few weeks, then back to Maine for the month of August staying in Damariscotta until august 29th. No plans from there but will stay out until the end of October. May head up to the Adirondacks for the fall leaves etc and work back across the smokey's toward Fl again.

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-20-2008, 06:55 PM

Paul, tell Lew that even though I only put it into a pickup truck I had to pay $4.89/ gal for diesel in NY, so he better fill up before he gets there.
Check in with where your at along the way, and have fun, and be safe!:)

Toy Box
05-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Ft. Lauderdale to Durango, Co. on May 30, various short side trips during summer then head back to Lauderdale in Sept. Called flying J today to check on fuel prices....The voice on the phone said they could not give prices on the phone, just check the web!!!! I'll just have to put more miles on the scooter.

lewpopp
05-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Port St Lucie (departing Thursday) to Watkins Glen (Elmira) and 1250 miles and we'll sit our asses there until the cows come home for the summer. Then reverse to the south. Lewbucks can't handle this.

Orren Zook
05-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Check in with where your at along the way, and have fun, and be safe!:)

Jim, what are the indians getting at Salamanca? They are usually cheaper on the reservation than at one of the truckstops on I-86/17

Danss
05-21-2008, 07:29 AM
Leaving Ms. Coast 5/24 to Dallas on 5/26 then West on 5/29 to somewhere in Southern Co. to park for several weeks then home again. We are the type that pulls out to I-10 and flip a coin to decide where we are going. However
this time the destination is Co. Toy Box can you give us a little info as place to park in Co.? Thanks for any help. Dan & Jo

truk4u
05-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Orren,

I called last week they were 4.33.

Loc
05-21-2008, 12:30 PM
Mountain Views at River's Edge - Creede, CO www.mountainviewsrv.com
Alpen Rose - Durango, CO www.alpenroservpark.com
Priest Gulch - Dolores, CO www.priestgulch.com

Orren Zook
05-21-2008, 03:21 PM
I called last week they were 4.33.

Thanks Tom, are you headed that way this summer?

Jon Wehrenberg
05-21-2008, 04:05 PM
We are in Jamestown NY from 6/17 to 6/23. Then nowhere until Spearfish unless something comes up. Gardening season. We need to grow and can our own food. Cannot afford store bought.

It is probable we will be back in Jamestown before Labor Day but no dates firmed up yet.

truk4u
05-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Orren,

We usually go back to Upstate NY (Brockport) to visit family, but not sure if we're going yet or not. Hopefully I can get up there before Jon goes, he always pisses off the Thruway Toll Booth people!:p Anytime I go through, I tell them the road sucks for the money paid and my name is Jon Wehrenberg.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Good try bus flipper.

We leave no money in NY state and that includes money for fuel and we NEVER use the Thruway.

We have on occasion left some money at fuel stops on the Seneca Nation property.

lewpopp
05-21-2008, 10:34 PM
The last time I stopped at the Indian (Limestone) reservation and filled up with low(?) priced fuel, I went on to Ohio and it was cheaper.

I told them that they enjoyed screwing the whiteman as often as they could. The workers said "don't blame us, they're the ones driving around in their Hummers and Mercedes"

That was at least 3 years ago. As for you guys, when you quit arguing, come on down to Watkins Glen, there is plenty of room and the price is right. Same as the 3-day pass, only you can stay longer. If it's on the weekend, the generous doctor(an owner of a lot at PSL) will give us a ride on his 50 ft Chriscraft. Jon, we'll talk his son into giving you a ride on his cigarette speed boat. that'll wipe the smile off your face after you've picked on poor old Truk.

05-22-2008, 07:17 AM
Good try bus flipper.

We leave no money in NY state and that includes money for fuel and we NEVER use the Thruway.

We have on occasion left some money at fuel stops on the Seneca Nation property.
How much less is the fuel at these Indian Reservations Jon, is it worth the extra ride to find them, and is there a list????

Maybe this should be a new thread if the answer is a long one?????

Jon Wehrenberg
05-22-2008, 08:03 AM
At one time the Indian reservation fuel was about $.25 less than fuel available outside the reservation. I haven't fueled in NY in at least 5 years and maybe more so I do not know if it is still cheaper or not.

http://www.gasbuddy.com/

Try that site or go to the oil company sites such as

http://www.flyingj.com/fuel/diesel_CF.cfm

I have long range tanks (298 gallons) so I tanker fuel and the savings can be substantial because to Pahrump and back the spread on diesel prices was as much as $.40 or more.

grantracy
05-22-2008, 08:20 AM
Kim and I plan to position the coach at Blue Ridge Resort near Lake Toxaway beginning in July thru October. From there we expect to make some trips to Ky., Tenn. and other surrounding states. If anybody is going to be in the area or passing thru let us know. Kim will be there pretty much full time and I will be commuting back and forth.

truk4u
05-22-2008, 08:43 PM
It's OK Louie, he gets this way each year during gardening time when he has to use that pitch fork by hand to fluff his bark chips.;)

Bus Flipper! Now that was way harsh....

Jon Wehrenberg
05-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Harsh but true. There is only one guy I know that has had more coaches in the same amount of time......and he is now incomunicado.

lewpopp
05-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Truk, while Jon gardens, he is out there flippin' DUNG. He's a Dung Flipper.

Better to be a coach flipper, agree?

truk4u
05-23-2008, 08:33 AM
He's forgotten the all around Supreme Commander of flippers.. Bob 00

rfoster
05-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Truk: The names have changed: Bob05 now.

Steve Bennett
05-23-2008, 11:23 AM
Rhonda, and I are heading up to S. Oregon in early August. We will likely be spending some time in Ashland, OR looking @ property (potential retirement spot) and will then head over to Bend with a short stay @ Crown Villa. BTW diesel here in So. Cal is up to $4.80/gal. We thankfully have still been getting a lot of activity on our coaches in-spite of the high fuel cost, with most people looking at driving a little less, and staying a little longer at each location.

rmboies
05-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Truk: The names have changed: Bob05 now.

Hey guys, he will always be Bob-00 to you:D

If anyone is in the upstate foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in SC this summer, or passing through, you are more then welcome to park your camper here. Or give us a call, Bob-?? and I would love to meet you for dinner or just a nice POG evening!

Debi

rmboies
05-23-2008, 08:19 PM
He's forgotten the all around Supreme Commander of flippers.. Bob 00

Supreme Flipper Commander, has a nice ring to it:rolleyes:

rickdesilva
06-01-2008, 01:15 PM
FYI anyone traveling in NJ in the NYC metro area, our house is about 20 miles north of the George Washington Bridge off RT. 17 in the town of Mahwah. (at the intersection of 287, 87 NY Thruway, and RT. 17) we have 30 amp and water. Or if you just need a place to put your head from 9pm to 7am in the morning our Hyundai store is on RT. 17 also in Mahwah with ample parking at night but NONE during business hours.