View Full Version : Featherlite Expanding

Coloradobus
05-16-2008, 03:59 PM
BREAKING NEWS
FROM RV BUSINESS, MAY 16th ,2008
Featherlite Teams with Retailer Tom Johnson
RV Business
Friday, May 16, 2008

Featherlite Coaches Inc. today (May 16) announced that multi-location dealer Tom Johnson Camping Center, based in Concord, N.C., will be its exclusive dealer in the Southeastern U.S.

In a press release, Featherlite said the move was part of its changeover from selling factory direct to establishing an independent dealer network throughout the U.S and Canada.

Sanford, Fla.-based Featherlite, which builds Prevost bus conversions, said that Tom Johnson Camping Center’s territory will include North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia and West Virginia.

The company also named Tom Johnson Camping Center as its exclusive representative at NASCAR Sprint Cup, NASCAR Nationwide Series and the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series.

"Featherlite Coaches is very pleased to be partnering with Tom Johnson Camping Center, who has been in the RV business for 41 years,” said Conrad Clement, Featherlite CEO. “Tom Johnson has one of the largest and finest service facilities in the country, servicing Featherlite Coaches for our NASCAR customers as well as our non-racing customers. Tom Johnson enjoys the highest customer service ratings possible for RV service centers.”

Featherlite has been the "Official Luxury Coach of NASCAR" since 1996 and has a contract to continue through 2012. The company said many NASCAR teams and drivers, as well as NASCAR executives, use Featherlite coaches to travel the racing circuit.

The builder said that it will be announcing other exclusive dealers in the next few weeks.

rff105
05-22-2008, 08:12 PM
05/22/2008
To our valued Featherlite Vantare Customers

We are very pleased to announce that Featherlite Coaches, Inc., is changing our Sales and Marketing model to an independent dealer organization. This will broaden and strengthen our sales and service network throughout the US and Canada.
Each Authorized Featherlite Coach Sales and Service Dealer will be a stocking dealer with a number of New Featherlite/Vantare coaches in stock at all times and each location will have Featherlite trained sales and service technicians.
We are very excited to be able to announce these changes, as our new dealers have years of experience in servicing and satisfying their customers, and our new dealers are excited to be authorized exclusively, in their regions, to offer the Featherlite Vantare coaches as the top of their product line.
On our website, we have posted press releases which announce each new dealer and a brief introduction to the dealer and their location and regional representation.
Jim Wooley, President and COO, has moved his office to the production plant where he can be reached at the regular FLC numbers of 407 323 1120 or 888 826 8273.
We are very pleased to announce that Rick Mueller has been appointed Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Featherlite Coaches, Inc., and will have his office at the plant. Rick will be working with dealers, dealer’s salesmen and customers to make sure that everyone continues to receive the same level of service and support that our customers and our dealer’s customers expect.
The FLC accounting department, technical services, warranty and 24/7 customer services departments have also moved their offices to plant offices.

The first 3 independent authorized dealers are as follows;

Tom Johnson Camping Center, Inc with Sales and Service Centers at Marion, NC which is about 40 miles east of Asheville, NC on I-40 and at Concord, NC located on Speedway Blvd 1/2 mile west of Lowes Motor Speedway. (See press release for more information). TJCC contact information is 1885 US 70 W, Marion, NC 28725, 888 226 0551 and 1-85, Exit 49, 6700 Speedway Blvd, Concord, NC 28027, phone 866 607 8860 or 704 455 1440. Their web site is www.tomjohnsoncamping.com .

LA Mesa RV Center which has purchased the Featherlite Sales and Service Center at Sanford, FL at exit 104 on I-4. LA Mesa will have the same service management team headed up by John Gordy, Director of Service, and the technicians that you have been accustomed to at Featherlite. Robin Mc Cracken, Kevin Finnegan and Eric Wooley have all accepted sales positions with Le Mesa RV and will continue to sell Featherlite Coaches. LA Mesa's phone number is 407-321-3452 Their Address 4441 Orange Blvd, Sanford, FL 32771. Their web site is www.lamesarv.com .

Randy Mitchell, General Manager of Featherlite Coaches Rochester, Inc has just relocated to his new location at Stewartville, MN from Featherlite, Inc headquarters at Cresco, IA (50 miles to the north of Cresco). Featherlite Coaches Rochester, Inc is located on US Highway 63 1 mile south of I-90 in Stewartville, MN. They have new and pre owned coaches and also handle consignments. Rand Mitchell's office phone is 507 533 2000 and email is rmitchell@fthrc.com. The address is 103 20th Street NE Stewartville, MN 55976. Their web site is www.featherlitecoachesrochester.com .

We will be announcing more dealers in the next few days and weeks.

Everyone at Featherlite Coaches want to take this opportunity to thank you for your past and future business and we hope you are as excited about the expanded sales and service centers throughout the country as we are.

Sincerely

Conrad Clement, CEO

and

Jim Wooley, President and COO

jack14r
05-22-2008, 09:04 PM
I heard that Roger Hunkler (the salesman in Mocksville NC) was let go last Friday and he has not decided what to do yet.Since Tom Johnson Camping Center is a Amadas dealer and now a Featherlite dealer will they keep both products?If I was in the market for a new Featherlite I would call each dealer until I felt like that I was not leaving a penny on the table,multi dealers might give the customer the upper hand for once.

jack14r
09-18-2008, 06:40 AM
I was on Featherlite's web site today and La Mesa is not listed as a dealer,is this true?

donniev
09-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Thats True, Lamesa Is No Longer A Dealer.

jack14r
09-18-2008, 10:49 AM
That happened quick.

jack14r
09-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Donnie,Tell us what happened.

donniev
09-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Well, Lamesa Sales System Would Never Work. Lamesa Uses The Old Used Car Dealership Approach On Sales. You Know The Four Square System. Don't Want You To Know The Real Price. They Work You On Payment,downpayment,trade Value And So On. However They Wanted The Vantare Store For The Location And Facility. They Pulled The Plug And Vantare Pulled The Coaches Last Friday. Lamesa Didn't Own Any Vantare's Anyway.

MangoMike
09-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Does Fast Roger use the Four Square System? I was heading down Parkway Auto to pick up a car next weekend, now I'm wondering if that's the best move.

mm

bonhall41
09-19-2008, 10:12 PM
I got an e-mail from Chuck Kohr yesterday and we have a service appointment next Tuesday and Wednesday in Sanford. Does anyone know if the service department is still doing business as usual and what about the dealership? Is parking still available there for overnights? Basically, what's going on? Should we call on Monday to see if we're still on for Tuesday? Thanks for any info. :confused:

Bonnie

sawdust_128
09-19-2008, 10:51 PM
I got an e-mail from Chuck Kohr yesterday and we have a service appointment next Tuesday and Wednesday in Sanford. Does anyone know if the service department is still doing business as usual and what about the dealership? Is parking still available there for overnights? Basically, what's going on? Should we call on Monday to see if we're still on for Tuesday? Thanks for any info. :confused:

Bonnie

Call or send an email! Confirm for your self.

donniev
09-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Bonnie, I Would Seriously Call Dmrv Or Check Into Service At The Plant.

Donnie V

bonhall41
09-23-2008, 05:43 PM
We're at La Mesa and, boy, things have changed around here. The thing that hasn't changed much is the service department. Most of the same techs are here so they're working on the coach. We'll see how it goes and if we'll be back or not. We stopped by Featherlite today to see what's going on over there and they said there should be an announcement of some kind in the next week or so. In the meantime, they have all the coaches parked at the factory. Don't know if they're going to repossess their original sales facility that La Mesa bought for big bucks or going with someone else in addition to Tom Johnson. I'm thinking they must be planning to do something around here or they would be moving the coaches they have to NC. I guess we'll find out pretty soon. Even the Featherlite people said La Mesa should do a good job with repairs since it's most of the same employees in the service department but we're also going to check out the other guy in Sanford because they said he's good also. That's the guy you recommended, Donnie, and thanks for that info.

Bonnie

bonhall41
10-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Got an e-mail today that Featherlite has, indeed, severed all ties to La Mesa. Service will be done at the factory across the street from the old location and Tom Johnson is looking into opening a sales facility in or near Sanford in the very near future. Sounds as if they will be employing at least some of the old sales staff. I'll let you know if we hear anything else.

Bonnie

bonhall41
10-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Got an e-mail today that Featherlite has canceled its rally at the Homestead race. Sounds as if they had a lot of cancellations and they said they could not bear the expense. They offered us tickets and a parking spot in a less desirable spot than the original for a reduced price. We're backing out as I'm sure everyone else will do. Don't know what's going on down there. :(

Bonnie