PDA

View Full Version : Lockable Fuel Caps???

05-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Have any of you considered installing a serious lock on the fuel cap?? Lets say an aviation style locking cap. I left my coach at Marathon in Florida last week. Locked the fuel door and left. I had just filled up the coach and while returning home wondered for a minute about the lack of security, no fence etc. My fuel door would not stop anyone determined to grab about $1000 in Diesel fuel, plus the mess that they would create getting in, but a really strong flush mounted flip up key aviation cap might just stop the new breed of land pirates.
Any thought, ideas installations etc?

05-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Have any of you considered installing a serious lock on the fuel cap?? Lets say an aviation style locking cap. I left my coach at Marathon in Florida last week. Locked the fuel door and left. I had just filled up the coach and while returning home wondered for a minute about the lack of security, no fence etc. My fuel door would not stop anyone determined to grab about $1000 in Diesel fuel, plus the mess that they would create getting in, but a really strong flush mounted flip up key aviation cap might just stop the new breed of land pirates.
Any thought, ideas installations etc?
Check out this link. It might be the best answer. Does anyone know the diameter of our fuel fill necks.

http://www.truckprotect.com/instantfit_bus_guide.htm

garyde
05-10-2008, 10:30 PM
The device looks like a solution for the back splash issues some people are having when filling.

05-11-2008, 07:05 AM
The device looks like a solution for the back splash issues some people are having when filling.
Might kill 2 birds with one solution. The idea is that one cannot syphon the fuel out, black gold. Its a real big problem in europe where fuel cost $7 a gallon.