PDA

View Full Version : Teschner Coach

Joe Cannarozzi
05-09-2008, 08:11 AM
So what is the verdict on the Teschner Coach they brought to the rally.

Did it show in person as good as it did in the photos?

I like the checkerboard pattern on the stainless.

What about the GMC burning cooking oil, what was the skinny on that?

Coloradobus
05-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Good question Joe, We were wondering the same thing. Did anyone get to test drive it? We really like the yacht-like decor of the Teschner interior. Who did the slides? Valid?,HWH? What brand/KW of genset? Anyone know how quiet it was? Any weights for the coach/front axle/drive/tag? Do they have a rally sales price? Are they planning on having a show coach at Spearfish in September???

Alan__
05-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Rally price $1,499.000

Coloradobus
05-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Gee Alan,
They have it listed on Prevost-Stuff for $1,350,000. I was thinking there would be a lesser price at the rally.:(

BUSTER
05-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Those new boys are going to "own" that coach for a LONG time with that kind of pricing

garyde
05-09-2008, 03:37 PM
The Coach at this rally is a 40 foot show model, the price was around 1.3 according to the woman showing the unit, I forget her name. It is very sleek and modern in design inside. All furniture , cabinets, interiors are made and installed in Germany. Aqua hot for heating, roof airs for cooling, Powertech Generator.

Coloradobus
05-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks Gary,

Do you know who is the manufacturer of the slides. Did anyone test drive it?? If so, how does it shake, rattle, and roll down the road.??

jack14r
05-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Teschner's web site has the Prevost specs so I guess that the slides are Prevost.In XLIIs everyone that is converting today is using the Prevost slides,the only exception to this that I am aware of was American Carriage who is no longer in business.The H3 coaches by Marathon and Vantari do not use the Prevost slides.

garyde
05-10-2008, 12:17 AM
No test drives. Just viewing. I think if you had a check book out they might give you a ride, maybe.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-13-2008, 07:27 AM
This is our opinion of the Teschner Coach.

It has a unique layout with the kitchen counter extending almost to the front on the curb side and salon seating and L shaped booth on the street side to alloow plenty of space in the bath and bedroom area. A 45 foot coach would have the more traditional layout.

The slides were Prevost. The bays were configured in the traditional manner and space was not efficiently utilized. The coach had 3 Outback inverters and two roof airs can be run going down the road. I did not get any detailed answers to electrical system questions, nor was anything offered about the system so I presume it was basic in design.

The two things that struck me about the coach were on opposite ends of the spectrum. The interior wood work was very attractive and nicely done. Compared to other conversions this one is unique. The attention to detail was evident with the interiors of the cabinets as well done as the exteriors. The self closing drawers and positive latching hardware should eliminate doors and drawers from opening while driving.

But...the electrical system looked like it was a prototype and needs a lot of work. Unless the system is highly sophisticated with automatic load shedding and some logic to its operation it will be a nightmare. The 120 AC is located in a rear closet, not easily viewed or accessible. None of the switches except the refrigerator were labeled. The DC and the Crestron were locatred near the AC panel and it was a jumble of wires. Nothing was numbered or labeled. All system monitoring, such as volts, loads, etc, including tank fill status was on a panel also in the rear, not in view of the driver or even viewable in the living area. To get at the system status panel when traveling someone has to climb across the bed to get access to the door covering it.

In short, the coach had some very nice design ideas, but systems and especially systems access and monitoring need additional work.

Joe Cannarozzi
05-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Great to see you back Jon and glad to see you dodged all that bad weather coming across.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Going out was not fun. We had horrible winds heading west for two days. On one of the days we went through the system that later produced tornados and damaged a lot of AR, MO and TN. All we got was extremely heavy rain.

The entire return (2100 miles) was smooth with no appreciable winds or evden clouds in the sky.

Now I have a repair to make. I have an air leak which sounds like it is coming from the dryer pop-off valve. It takes a bit longer to air up, and as of this AM after sitting in the garage since about 8:00 PM I still have about 110 PSI on both brake systems and 70 PSI on my aux system which I know has a leak unrelated to the new leak.

Trying to catch up on things now. Great rally. Getting ready for a visit to our daughter in NY in a few weeks.

mikedee
05-14-2008, 03:08 AM
I made and appointment and went to Vegas to look at the 40' coach we had at Pahrump. It was being worked on, nothing major just front shade modification and a new table mount.

My second look,
Interior was cool looking, furniture not comfortable at all, Valid Slides.
Exterior paint was great design, quality of paint lines poor, overall below acceptable.
Systems just fair, electrical more like a yacht, many boat componets, not all bad.
Dee gave the coach a low mark

Walking in 1.3 million
As we left 1.2, my bet $850,000 buy's it, but it will not be my 850 K.