PDA

View Full Version : April In Florida?

adamdegraff
05-06-2008, 10:05 PM
As we plan our tour of the country, we find that we will be in Florida during April of 2009. To be exact, here is our schedule:

April 14: Boca Raton
April 15: Deerfield Beach
April 16: West Palm Beach
April 17: Day off
April 18: Second concert in Boca
April 19: Pembroke Pines
April 20: Day off
April 21: Second concert in West Palm

While some of this might change, we are basically in one area for a week. This will be the first time during our tour that we have such a situation. So, we were hoping that since we will be dry camping for the previous 7 months, that it might be nice to plug in at one place and chill out a little bit. Any suggestions of a nice place in or near the above locations? Remember, I have two kids who will be 3 1/2 and 5 1/2 at that point.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Adam

p.s. I know this is 11 months away, but I figure the nicer places might fill up far in advance.

Jeff Bayley
05-07-2008, 12:55 AM
Adam-

I'm fairly familiar with the area and lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 13 years before I owned a coach but have been back often since getting the coach. I've yet to find a respectable RV Park in the area but I haven't turned over every possible stone yet. There's a totally awesome Outdoor Resorts where they had the mini ralley a few months ago but that is about an hour north of West Palm Beach. Now, I can give you a few spots to hang out if you want to dry camp and one of the best is the Raddison Hotel which is right between the Intracoastal and the ocean. You can park at the Raddison (tight turn going through the guard gate and making the turn in a 45' but it will make it) and you can dry camp with a million dollar view of the Intracoastal assuming there is not a 120' yacht on that particular dock that day. If there is, let yourself aboard for breakfast, he,he. There's a marina there that is off to the side and does not block the view of the Intracoastal and some of the high dollar residence accross the way. I think the fee to park the rig is $25 or $30 a day.

You're a 3 minute walk to the beach. There's the water taxi to take you to points of interest, restaurants and so forth. Your a $10 cab ride to the heart of Las Olas Blvd (more restaurants, art galleries and shops). The Raddison has a pool for the kids. Your parked RIGHT on the water front. Everything you could ask for except the shore power.

adamdegraff
05-07-2008, 07:37 AM
Jeff,
Certainly a good possibility. Think they'd mind if I ran a few long extension cords into the hotel? (Joking.)

Adam

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Hey Jeff, you getting enough JUICE lately?

Jeff Bayley
05-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Jim- I've tappered back a LOT on the juice. Got some home gym equipment and started wake boarding and water skiing again and it sort of is killing the appetite for booze. Bulking up on carrott juice and tuna and fruits and veggies. Sorry for the late reply.

05-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Adam,

When you are going to be in West Palm Beach stay at the Juno Rv Resort, great location across from the beach, really nice people. Its close to West palm and great restaurants. Six miles from my house in Jupiter.

http://www.junobeachrvresort.com/outside_home.asp

adamdegraff
05-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Adam,

When you are going to be in West Palm Beach stay at the Juno Rv Resort, great location across from the beach, really nice people. Its close to West palm and great restaurants. Six miles from my house in Jupiter.

http://www.junobeachrvresort.com/outside_home.asp

Thank you SO much! Checked out the website. PERFECT. I will call to make reservations tomorrow morning. Now, do you know a place close by that I can get my oil changed?

Let me know if you want tickets to any of our concerts while we are in FL.

All my best,

Adam

lewpopp
05-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Isn't that a coincidence, just last Friday we were visiting someone in the Juno Beach Rv Resort. We loved it and are looking further into it.

I hesitate to tell you who we were visiting but I will. Lucy and Ward Kahn in section A53, I think it was 53. They are from our hometown.

Noticed about 3 Prevosts there which I thought was unusual. Great access to the beach. Some real hot spots to visit. Not a lot of trashy shops there which is a break.

05-23-2008, 06:51 AM
Isn't that a coincidence, just last Friday we were visiting someone in the Juno Beach Rv Resort. We loved it and are looking further into it.

I hesitate to tell you who we were visiting but I will. Lucy and Ward Kahn in section A53, I think it was 53. They are from our hometown.

Noticed about 3 Prevosts there which I thought was unusual. Great access to the beach. Some real hot spots to visit. Not a lot of trashy shops there which is a break.
Lets touch base with

Paul and Janice Horner
2000 Liberty XLV

Paul lives in Port St. Lucie at Out Door Resorts. Paul has a better handle on service in the area than I do. There is a Liberty Coach dealer in Stuart Fl, and maybe they can handle this. I would check with paul. Look forward to seeing you when your in the area.

PS> The beach across the street from the RV park is the best, great running course, life course and a really neat sunrise breakfast place called Lazy Loggerhead. Looks out over the ocean, really casual open air.

phorner
05-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Adam,

I'm only familiar with a couple of places near me for routine engine or transmission service.

Liberty Coach is located at 635 SE Monterey Rd. in Stuart. They have camping facilities in case you want to arrive the night before your scheduled service. They can be reached at 772-463-2701. Not too far off of I-95.

Also, there is Florida Detroit Diesel in Fort Pierce. Easy to get to by taking the Midway road exit off of I-95 and go east to Selvitz Road, turn left and they are at 3885 Selvitz Rd., on your left. They can be reached at 772-460-4372.

However, neither of these locations are exactly around the corner from West Palm. Liberty Coach would be closest, with Florida Detroit Diesel about 30 minutes further away.

adamdegraff
05-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Paul,
Thanks for the suggestion! Do you do your own service? Or do you take your rig to Liberty?

Thanks again...

Adam

05-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Paul,
Thanks for the suggestion! Do you do your own service? Or do you take your rig to Liberty?

Thanks again...

Adam
Hi Adam,

I forgot to mention that I have had excellent service from Prevost Car in Jacksonville. They were great, pricing was up front and reasonable and the service quality was excellent. You can stay on the lot at their full hookup sites and even when its in the bay and up in the air. below is the email for Jennifer their service writer. She and I are good friends now. She will get you what you need and quickly. They are just off 1-95 and 1-10, easy on/off.

jennifer.polatty@consultant.volvo.com

Good luck.

Bruce

adamdegraff
05-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Hi Adam,

I forgot to mention that I have had excellent service from Prevost Car in Jacksonville. They were great, pricing was up front and reasonable and the service quality was excellent. You can stay on the lot at their full hookup sites and even when its in the bay and up in the air. below is the email for Jennifer their service writer. She and I are good friends now. She will get you what you need and quickly. They are just off 1-95 and 1-10, easy on/off.

jennifer.polatty@consultant.volvo.com

Good luck.

Bruce

Even better.... I pass through Jacksonville on my way out of Florida.

thanks!

Adam

merle&louise
01-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Has anyone ever stayed at Paradise Island (formerly Buglewood RV park) in Oakland Park, FL? It is about 35 miles north of Ft. Lauderdale.

We may be taking a little trip down that way if certain things go right:D

GDeen
01-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Shoot Tuga, if you are buying a Liberty just stay out in back of their place in Stuart..:D

ajducote
01-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Tuga,

When will you be coming this way? If he timing is right, I may have a free place for you to stay here at TGO if you ate interested.

merle&louise
01-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Thanks Andre but we will be cutting across Florida and taking I-75 south.

We may be going down to Ft. Lauderdale in February. If the Saints beat the Vikings next weekend Louise & I are considering going to the SuperBowl in Miami. That is why I wanted to know if anyone has stayed in Paradise Island RV park (formerly Buglewood RV Park) in Ft. Lauderdale. It looks nice but I just wanted to get some first hand info on it.

Thanks for the offer!:D

Gordon,

I wish we were, but we are not buying a Liberty. :)

Ray Davis
01-18-2010, 05:10 PM
I wish we were, but we are not buying a Liberty.

Oh, I guess that means you're buying a Marathon!! :D

merle&louise
01-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Ray,

If I had the bucks, I could really be tempted to pull the trigger on that 2002 Marathon XL II w/2 slides that was on eBay. The trade-in money would have to be right and the cash I would put up would have to be reasonable. SO I GUESS WE KNOW BOTH OF THOSE SCENERIOS WON'T HAPPEN.

That is the first bus that Louise and I both like the inside and the outside colors and floorplan. That ultra wood inside is gorgeous. I like the blue and orange accents and the light colors inside.

Just dreaming! It doesn't cost anything to dream. But one day it will.:D

Has anyone ever stayed in Buglewood RV park in Ft. Lauderdale? The name has been changed recently to Paradise Island.

rbeecher
01-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Thanks Andre but we will be cutting across Florida and taking I-75 south.

We may be going down to Ft. Lauderdale in February. If the Saints beat the Vikings next weekend Louise & I are considering going to the SuperBowl in Miami. That is why I wanted to know if anyone has stayed in Paradise Island RV park (formerly Buglewood RV Park) in Ft. Lauderdale. It looks nice but I just wanted to get some first hand info on it.

Thanks for the offer!:D

Gordon,

I wish we were, but we are not buying a Liberty. :)

Tuga, give me a call. You don't want to stay at Paradise. Richard Beecher 954-292-5786

merle&louise
01-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Thanks Richard, I think that we will stay at C.B. Smith or Markham county parks. They both look really nice. I'll call you if we make the trip and we can have dinner. Really looking forward to a trip to Ft. Lauderdale, I love that part of Florida. Karen is anixous to see your coach again; she loved it in Titusville.