PDA

View Full Version : Tyron Run Flat

merle&louise
05-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Has anyone heard of the Tyron Run Flat system (or anything like it) for the front tires on an RV? I looked at it on their website runflat.com and it looks like a pretty good deal. Thoughts?

merle&louise
05-05-2008, 09:08 PM
It appears that there is absolutely no interest in this system, and I am sure that there will be less interest once everyone discovers that it cost around $1200 to install:eek:

dalej
05-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Sorry Tuga, I read your post but didn't have any thoughts about it. Now that you posted the price, I really don't. :)

merle&louise
05-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Sorry Tuga, I read your post but didn't have any thoughts about it. Now that you posted the price, I really don't. :)

I agree with you Dale, it is pricey! It just seemed odd to me that no one responded to the post. The Tyron Run Flat system seems to be a potential life saver given the right set of circumstances. I watched a video on it, and it is impressive. The car in the video drives thru a set of pylons with one of the front tires running completely flat. It just seemed awesome to me. The system would allow a coach to drive to a tire shop in lieu of waiting on the side of the road for a tire service guy.

If you get bored, go to the website and check out the video. If it does what it claims (?) and if it is transferable from one coach to the next, I think that it would be a good investment. Especially if you have Chinese tires:rolleyes: