PDA

View Full Version : Jon Goes Mobile?

truk4u
05-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Stop the presses..... Is it possible that A-1 is using his puter during travel?:eek: This coming from a guy who still has an analog phone in his bus..

I am impressed, but it takes away some of the fun since we now can't jerk his chain while he's on the road and then wait till he gets back home and has to wade through a hundred posts to see who called in an airstrike while he was puterless.:p

He's either mobile now or has used a campground puter that I'm sure really pissed him off.:D

Orren Zook
05-03-2008, 06:11 AM
Tom,

Don't forget that Flying J and most other truckstops offer WiFi services now, so you can check your mail while you fuel or really surf the web during those overnight stays.

truk4u
05-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Gotcha Orren... The problem is, the POG Godfather only had one computer and repeatedly told us he doesn't need a stinking computer while he is in the Vegas Mobile. Di may have bought him one just so she doesn't have to listen to all the bitching while he's staying overnight for free at Walmart or some noisy truckstop.;)

C'mon Jon Boy, you made a post while on the road, fess up....:p

merle&louise
05-03-2008, 09:42 AM
When staying over night in a truck stop, where do you guys park? I never have slept in a truck stop because of the noise from idling trucks.:confused:

The Wifi is a nice freebie, I have used it during the day time.

Also, has anyone ever weighed their coach on the truck scales? Or is it only for trucks? I would like to weigh my coach after filling up with water and diesel.

dalej
05-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Tuga,

I have weighed at both TA and Flying J. Try to do it when most of the truckers are on the road, since you will always feel like your in their way.

You will want to take your time and make sure your tires are on the right pads. If I remember right, there are 5 pads, make sure when the steer tires are on the front pad your drivers are on a pad and your tag is on a pad.

truk4u
05-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Tuga,

Some scales are not obstructed on the sides and have wide concrete aprons. I use the Q-T at exit 306 on I-75 here in GA and can weigh each side independently so I have weights for each wheel and dual.

I only do it when they're not busy so as not to tie up the trucks. Otherwise, they think your a nit wit which would be correct in Jdubs case!:p

rfoster
05-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Just spoke to A1 on the phone (yes he has a separate phone for the bus) -

He and Di were nearing the Arizona border. He complained that he had lost three tenths of a mile per gallon due to head winds and his speed was reduced from 62.5 mph to 61 mph. I Think he is planning on making that up on the way back. Something about the Jet stream would be with him.

And yes he did get on line with his puter last night at the campground with wifi- he was impressed -- I think. He was really sorry and disappointed as all of us are that Harry and Shirley were having problems with the bus and were not planning to attend the rally at this time.

He is also going to wait till the sun comes up tommorrow before hitting the road.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Heeeee's Baaaaack.

Another campground with WiFi. All this ability to read the posts from the people that wish they were going to Pahrump is outstanding.

My old laptop, a card I slip in the slot from our network at home and for zero investment I can keep you girls honest.

Today was Amarillo to Kingman. The winds abated a little and we regained the lost MPG. We are back to 7.74 MPG. If we did not have two days of nasty winds we may be over 8. The fuel bill at the Flying J in Albuquerque was $834. Those are serious Lewbucks for 210 gallons.

Around 200 to go tomorrow so I promised Lady Di we will not roll in the dark.

We can kid around about speed, but the trucks are going S L O W. I can't remember passing as many trucks as I have except when traveling with fast Roger who gets my speed up to 63.

If they have WiFi in Pahrump you guys will no longer have the chance to mess with me behind my back. Besides, I know guys that know guys.

hhoppe
05-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Jon: Shirley and I feel bad we will not be there to greet you and Di. Were also upset we will not be able to make good on sharing our tow car with you as planned. I have asked Skiffer and Darl to step up on this need and provide transportation for you as needed. I'm sure any other attendees reading this will step up and offer you transportation as needed. Enjoy your visit to Seibt Resort, we will definately miss being with all of you.
Harry & Shirley