PDA

View Full Version : Daytime Headlight Switch

Jerry Winchester
05-18-2006, 05:28 PM
The service manager at Prevost Fort Worth said that you can pull a simple relay that will keep the headlights from coming on when you release the brakes (thus creating a "daytime" driving light). Then when I was there, he didn't do it nor did he tell me how to do it.

Before I go research it to death, does anyone know which relay this is and where it is located?

Jon Wehrenberg
05-18-2006, 08:17 PM
I think our coaches have different generations of relays in the electrical box under the driver's window, but that is where I would look.

I suspect the power to switch the relay for the daytime running lights comes through the transmission shift pad because the lights are only on when you are in gear.

Jerry Winchester
05-18-2006, 11:28 PM
Imagine this.

I post this question and about one hour later, the mail lands on my desk and there is a mailer with not one but three CDs in it.

And what would they contain?

(1) XL Pneumatic and Wiring Diagram
(2) XL2 Pneumatic and Wiring Diagram
(3) Prevost Technical Publications

So deep in the pdf files of the XL wiring diagram I finally find Relay #18 and Relay #60 to the Daytime Running Lights. I would never of suspected two, but I will pull one out tomorrow and see what happens.

And Jon was right, they are connected to the shifter pad, but that schematic doesn't show it. It appears on the "Exterior Lighting" diagram. Go figure.

JPJ - Thanks for the info. These will be worth the price of admission for Santa Fe......

Just Plain Jeff
05-19-2006, 07:35 AM
Imagine this.

I post this question and about one hour later, the mail lands on my desk and there is a mailer with not one but three CDs in it.

And what would they contain?

(1) XL Pneumatic and Wiring Diagram
(2) XL2 Pneumatic and Wiring Diagram
(3) Prevost Technical Publications

So deep in the pdf files of the XL wiring diagram I finally find Relay #18 and Relay #60 to the Daytime Running Lights. I would never of suspected two, but I will pull one out tomorrow and see what happens.

And Jon was right, they are connected to the shifter pad, but that schematic doesn't show it. It appears on the "Exterior Lighting" diagram. Go figure.

JPJ - Thanks for the info. These will be worth the price of admission for Santa Fe......

Imagine that.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-19-2006, 08:02 AM
Jerry,

Ed Roelle needs a copy of the pnuematic diagrams. I am trying to get Ed to join POG (if he hasn't already) so we can post graphics that may help him diagnose a problem with his level low system on a 98 Royale.

I'll let him know you got the goods.

Webmaster: I hope you appreciate we bribe people to join POG.

Jerry Winchester
05-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Oh, I forgot that the H3 Series wiring and pneumatic diagrams were included as well. The XL and XL2 were on one disc.