PDA

View Full Version : Remco harness run

rickdesilva
04-30-2008, 06:33 AM
I am about to run the Remco wire harness from the dash to the engine compartment of the coach. It seems like a relatively easy task but I figured it would be wise to see if anyone has experience running the harness. I poked around the engine compartment but I don't see an obvious place to run it from the engine compartment into the center luggage compartments. So my question is, where is the access I could use to run the harness from the engine compartment to the center storage compartments. Once I get it into the center storage compartments, I'm OK. The other question is regarding the electrical hook up. Where can I pick up the ignition key activated hot lead. I know where the 12v and 24v "hot block" are located but not an ignition activated source. Thanks.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-30-2008, 07:07 AM
Rick,

I assume the XLII is like the older coaches. If so there are conduits that run the full length of the coach from the top rear of the compartment behind the front bumper to the bulkhead ahead of the drive axle.

With an electricians snake you should be able to pull wires from front to rear and then route them to the desired locations.

Your coach is newer than my two but I had at least one "key on" relay in each coach that made it easy to pick up a hot lead. I haven't studied this coach but in the rear box, for example, there was a large solenoid type relay that closed when the key was on. Check the relay listings for your coach.

truk4u
04-30-2008, 08:19 AM
Rick,

I thought your vintage came with a spare wire already run. You may want to give Prevost a call, could save you a lot of time.

rickdesilva
04-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the info, it would be great if I can find a extra wires in the harness, if not I'll look for the access in the drive axel area.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-01-2008, 06:23 AM
Rick,

I looked at mine and relays 53 and 54 are the 12 and 24 volt run relays. They would be the key on connection points I would guess in the rear compartment.

Good luck.